testtest

Best Hellcat Ammo?

Sorry it won't let me upload this video. But with a barrel under 4 inches . unless I'm using a hot 115gr speer load. I just recommend using +p. Even with lighter underwood extreme defenders i tend to stick with +p.. In my berettas with 4.25 and 5inch barrels I wood have no hesitation using standard pressure hst or gold dots or even 147gr because I know it will get the velocity it needs to do its job. Just my opinion and my experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-09-15-18-28.png
    Screenshot_2022-07-09-15-18-28.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_2022-07-09-15-18-15.png
    Screenshot_2022-07-09-15-18-15.png
    894.8 KB · Views: 98
Sorry it won't let me upload this video. But with a barrel under 4 inches . unless I'm using a hot 115gr speer load. I just recommend using +p. Even with lighter underwood extreme defenders i tend to stick with +p.. In my berettas with 4.25 and 5inch barrels I wood have no hesitation using standard pressure hst or gold dots or even 147gr because I know it will get the velocity it needs to do its job. Just my opinion and my experience.
See the Lucky Gunner tests I referenced on page 1.

Yes, the test gun’s barrel is slightly longer, but that doesn’t matter that much.

Yes, the test gun’s barrel is slightly longer, but that doesn’t matter that much.
Yep, LuckyGunner Labs is my carry ammo bible. They took great pains to make sure that they matched the FBI gel standards exactly.
The problem I find with most other ammo gel tests is they either don’t use clothing in front of the blocks or they don’t follow mfg guidelines for temperature. Performance testing has to be apples to apples. LG also used brand new gel for every test, meaning they didn’t melt it down and reform like most gun channels who simply can’t afford to do fresh every time.
What it all comes down to is +p vs SAAMI or heavy vs light or whatever doesn’t seem to actually matter. It’s the design of each individual round that determines the ballistics and impact performance. For 9mm short barrels HST 150 Micro and Ranger-T are the highest performing rounds, for .380 it’s Critical Defense, and 40cal it’s Rem 180 ultimate.
(That’s all based on the largest expansion with penetration in the sweet spot of 14”-18” AND consistent expansion).

Every .5 or half inch you lose about 40 to 50 fps! Being from NYC with all my uncle's and cusoins being well respected cop's swat, ICE , ECT . and with today's water down ammo. I choose to stick with +p loads in anything under 4inches. Yes I do agree that you will get quicker wearing . And I do agree that shot placement may be more difficult for others. In my edc I carry +p loads. I'm not worried about wear or shoot placement being a former Marine. I'm really interested in underwood extreme defender's 90gr+p. Though my family warns me to stick with what we know work's. Being from NYC that would be our tried and true speer gold dots 124gr+p and hst 124gr+p .Though im going to be ordering some ballistic dummys to test out some underwood ammo. I love the idea of a light carry round! Though with no police department's currently using them. Just not enough data for me! Though they look promising .

Every .5 or half inch you lose about 40 to 50 fps! Being from NYC with all my uncle's and cusoins being well respected cop's swat, ICE , ECT . and with today's water down ammo. I choose to stick with +p loads in anything under 4inches. Yes I do agree that you will get quicker wearing . And I do agree that shot placement may be more difficult for others. In my edc I carry +p loads. I'm not worried about wear or shoot placement being a former Marine. I'm really interested in underwood extreme defender's 90gr+p. Though my family warns me to stick with what we know work's. Being from NYC that would be our tried and true speer gold dots 124gr+p and hst 124gr+p .Though im going to be ordering some ballistic dummys to test out some underwood ammo. I love the idea of a light carry round! Though with no police department's currently using them. Just not enough data for me! Though they look promising .
I think the 90gr are gimmicks.

And so what about the velocity loss? That extra velocity doesn’t wound; only penetration and expansion—what the bullet actually touches and destroys—does. And those heavyweights open wider and punch deeper (but not too deep, risking “overpenetration” and hitting someone downrange) than the lightweight screamers.

Additionally, all that extra velocity is going to do is cause extra muzzle flash, and-most importantly—extra recoil. Extra recoil means slower follow up shots, or less accurate follow-ups if you try and get the same split times.

As far as where you get your info…I’ve found most LEO’s to be…less than informed, let’s say, about ammo. They use what they get issued, and think it’s the best because it’s what THEY are issued. Also bear in mind—they’re running those +P rounds through 4” (give or take) or longer barrels…not micro pistols.

Carry what you like, of course, but I’m just saying that you may not be looking at all the correct data.

Back