testtest

All Metal 9mm

I’d also look at the Walther Q 5 SF or Q 4 SF (5” or 4”) a little more but they are NICE!
Meh. I have a Q5 SF. It’s fantastic looking and a pretty good shooter but it’s kind of soulless, which might just be a Walther thing. I’ve had a PPQ M2, Q4 SF and now the Q5 SF, and I think that one’s not long for the classified ads. The X5 Legion is significantly cheaper, far, far more fun to shoot and accuracy is a dead heat. And no one ever says I need a better trigger and better grips for the X5 Legion but it’s a common refrain with the Q5 SF.

Last edited:
Just checked that out. Sweet looking pistol. Reasonably priced. Thanks for the heads up. Wasn’t anywhere near my radar.
The Jericho is a nice piece for the money but it's also a little on the heavy side pushing 2.5 pounds empty. The aluminum framed firearms will give you a decent weight savings for concealed carry. The P-01 I mentioned earlier is almost a full pound lighter than the Jericho.

Meh. I have a Q5 SF. It’s fantastic looking and a pretty good shooter but it’s kind of soulless, which might just be a Walther thing. I’ve had a PPQ M2, Q4 SF and now the Q5 SF, and I think that one’s not long for the classified ads. The X5 Legion is significantly cheaper, far, far more fun to shoot and accuracy is a dead heat. And no one ever says I need a better trigger and better grips for the X5 Legion but it’s a common refrain with the Q5 SF.

Man, you're giving @BET7 a run for the money ain't ya? :)

What do you mean by soulless? I don't have a Q5 SF, but I do have a regular Q5 and I'd say it's the best trigger on a striker gun I have ever shot. Does the SF have a different trigger ? I also have never shot one of those Sigs, but I've never heard anyone say the triggers were better than the Walthers either. I have heard people say the Walther and the VP9 are the best striker triggers out there. That's @HansGruber's opinion and in my experience ( which as I said does NOT include the X5 Legion) he's right.

I almost bought a Q5 SF, but at the time I didn't want to spend the extra $400.

I think you're just trying to goad me into buying a Sig. :ROFLMAO:

I also had a 320 X 5 Legion and while it was a great gun I didn’t get it out much.

Where the Walther SF shines is it like the PDO (to me anyway) seems to be one of best to run a RDS in.

is that Sig steel frame?

I would say it depends on your budget and your willingness to exceed your budget for quality. Tisas is decent and the price is attractive, but I wouldn't call it "Quality". Certainly not on par with that Smith. I'd look at the Jericho too. IWI makes good stuff.
Looking for a range gun/secondary HD gun. Nothing fancy or expensive. It won’t be a “grail gun” so i’m not looking to soend a fortune. That’s why the Tisas caught my eye. Decent quality but i understand what it is. Guys at the range love theirs. The 5906 caught my eye because it is built like a tank and has a good history as a law enforcement gun and seems dependable. Also, i like older guns. There’s a lot of good suggestions here. I have time to think about it. Besides, i have to save up the $$ first!

Looking for a range gun/secondary HD gun. Nothing fancy or expensive. It won’t be a “grail gun” so i’m not looking to soend a fortune. That’s why the Tisas caught my eye. Decent quality but i understand what it is. Guys at the range love theirs. The 5906 caught my eye because it is built like a tank and has a good history as a law enforcement gun and seems dependable. Also, i like older guns. There’s a lot of good suggestions here. I have time to think about it. Besides, i have to save up the $$ first!
The 5906 is a solid pistol, and accurate, proven by decades of LE service. I see them for sale from time to time on the S&W Forum

Back