testtest

All Metal 9mm

Within the next year I’d like to add an all metal 9mm to my collection. My first thought was a Tisas 1911 with a 4.25” barrel. However, for some reason the idea of a S&W 5906 has crept into my head and has gotten stuck there.
Any thoughts are welcome.
Enjoy the weekend.
I suggest using the K.I.S.S. method. Go with an affordable 1911, CZ75 variant, or Beretta 92 variant. They all can be had without breaking the bank or wasting $100s on esthetics and brand name a la Sig Sauer. All three options have a plethora of aftermarket support, spare parts, and inexpensive magazines. All three are well vetted and proven platforms.

To throw a monkey wrench into the mix, the Kahr T9 has always been a bucket list gun for me. Well machined, well made (all forged from bar stock stainless steel frame, slide, barrel, magazine release lever, etc), handsome classy peice for those with sophisticated taste.:)

1665146106984.png

1665146202240.png

1665146261762.png

Last edited:
I was close to getting a 3913 that was on consignment at my lgs. It looked like it was used very sparingly. Not a wear mark on it. Beautiful gun. I am kicking myself a bit for not getting it, but i was in the market for a full size frame.
I have a single stack Chief Special of that size that I carried under my jacket in dress uniform and that was presented to me on retirement. It's a great shooter, but 6+1 capacity isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I suggest using the K.I.S.S. method. Go with an affordable 1911, CZ75 variant, or Beretta 92 variant. They all can be had without breaking the bank or wasting $100s on esthetics and brand name a la Sig Sauer. All three options have a plethora of aftermarket support, spare parts, and inexpensive magazines. All three others are well vetter and proven platforms.

To throw a monkey wrench into the mic, the Kahr T9 has always been a bucket list gun for me. Well machined, well made, handsome classy peice for those with sophisticated taste.:)

View attachment 31431
View attachment 31432
Nice looking gun. I too am a proponent of the KISS method. I am pretty vanilla. I went with the Tisas 9mm 1911. Shoots great and so far so good. Only have 150 rounds through it though. Only time will tell.

Attachments

• 22FDB514-4830-40E2-9C76-C4DC3AEDB655.jpeg
    22FDB514-4830-40E2-9C76-C4DC3AEDB655.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
I’d also look at the Walther Q 5 SF or Q 4 SF (5” or 4”) a little more but they are NICE!
Crappy cellphone pic but they are very nice if you want a striker-fired pistol. They are up there in price though. There are a lot of deal for used like new pistols @mikep if, in the future, you want a nicer handgun without spending the money. I picked up an used like new Walther Q4SF for $800 with 5 mags and aftermarket Dawson Precision fiber optic sights. MSRP is $1449.00, magazines are $40-$50, and the Dawson Precision sights are $80. I basically got the gun for $600 if you subtract the price of the extras.

I'd go to all the popular firearm forums' marketplaces, Gunbroker, and ArmsList to see if you find a deal on a nicer more expensive pistol. Won't hurt to see what's out there.

Nc0ld69.jpg

Nice looking gun. I too am a proponent of the KISS method. I am pretty vanilla. I went with the Tisas 9mm 1911. Shoots great and so far so good. Only have 150 rounds through it though. Only time will tell.

Good choice 👌

Last edited:
I suggest using the K.I.S.S. method. Go with an affordable 1911, CZ75 variant, or Beretta 92 variant. They all can be had without breaking the bank or wasting $100s on esthetics and brand name a la Sig Sauer. All three options have a plethora of aftermarket support, spare parts, and inexpensive magazines. All three are well vetted and proven platforms.
Agreed. The CZ SP-01 would be high on my list of choices.

IMG_3367.jpeg

On my travels today I stopped in my LGS. Low and behold he just got in a slightly used Smith and Wesson 5906 just like the one I first started my LE career just had to have it.
you lucky dog, you! that looks to be in great shape.
my shop has not had one (only the 3913). did your duty gun have the wood grips or the plastic?
enjoy.

Not sure what the budget was/is but if you can find one, what about Springfield's SA-35?? Oddly enough, I think I seen only one other person suggest a hi-power, perhaps you were looking for something a little more compact, and if so what about Springfield's EMP?

Not sure what the budget was/is but if you can find one, what about Springfield's SA-35?? Oddly enough, I think I seen only one other person suggest a hi-power, perhaps you were looking for something a little more compact, and if so what about Springfield's EMP?
i went with the Tisas 9mm 1911 Carry model. i wanted a full size 9mm. i considered the EMP for a carry gun (for when i get my CCW) but is a bit out of my price range. i got a shield plus for my intended carry gun, which i really like and shoot surprising well.

Back