testtest

Let’s see those revolvers.

Thank you. They are known for their 1911’s but I don’t own one, this revolver is my first Kimber.They put quite a bit of work into it. The Trigger , fit and finish, edges are all smooth; this is perhaps my fav revolver. I have yet to shoot it ,so I can’t speak to recoil of a 357 round.
I got a couple of there 1911’s and was just wondering, thanks for the reply, thanks also Papa...my shop has one in stock, or did as of last week.

4A51BC97-9F83-47CF-A8D0-3DFF51B0169D.jpeg
Forgot to post this on this thread, Taurus Raging Hunter .44mag

Is that the older Python or the new release?
well 2 things...

1) i bought the Python from a gun store in Las Vegas, NV in march of 2021, thru Gunbroker.....when none were around, and i did pay slightly over MSRP, but i could care less, i wanted it.

2) Colt wants what $80-$85 for a stinking letter to tell me it's frigging history and build date?

i ain't gonna pay no one no money for a build date, when ALL other companies i contacted over the years, so generously and proudly help me with "FREE" build information...

Colt can kiss my hairy white rear blow hole...........

so i dunno..........older or new release......

well 2 things...

1) i bought the Python from a gun store in Las Vegas, NV in march of 2021, thru Gunbroker.....when none were around, and i did pay slightly over MSRP, but i could care less, i wanted it.

2) Colt wants what $80-$85 for a stinking letter to tell me it's frigging history and build date?

i ain't gonna pay no one no money for a build date, when ALL other companies i contacted over the years, so generously and proudly help me with "FREE" build information...

Colt can kiss my hairy white rear blow hole...........

so i dunno..........older or new release......
It’s new release.

Unless you paid north of $4-5k for it (what a LNIB old-stock Python would run).

These are my old-school Pythons.
60AB31E3-F23E-4251-8D31-D89ED07F84D2.jpeg
350C5E15-584D-410E-A263-6E76C7D55536.jpeg

ok thanks.

if Colt wouldn't be such "Richard Craniums" and just give date of build information like all the other companies do, and for FREE....

if i wanted Colt's history, i'll find it on wikipedia. for free as well.
They mainly charge because they’ve been around for over 150 years, and their old records aren’t digitized…they actually have to dig by hand on their old stuff. Usually, it’s to establish value…which isn’t necessary for a new manufacture gun.

I’m willing to bet there is something on the case with an approximate date, but…either way, I doubt it’s more than a year older than your date of purchase.

S&W is the same way, at least on their older stuff.

Did you try their Serial Number lookup site @Old_Me ? I called Colt about the date of my previously owned original 6" Anaconda a few year back, and their rep pointed me to this site (below). He also gave me the answer I was looking for (no charge), but included the site if I wanted to lookup other S/Ns. I tried it on my Anaconda and it provided me with the Year of Manufacture and firearm Model after typing in my S/N.

Did you try their Serial Number lookup site @Old_Me ? I called Colt about the date of my previously owned original 6" Anaconda a few year back, and their rep pointed me to this site (below). He also gave me the answer I was looking for (no charge), but included the site if I wanted to lookup other S/Ns. I tried it on my Anaconda and it provided me with the Year of Manufacture and firearm Model after typing in my S/N.

yes, over and over and over and over again, and this is what i constantly get..for either my Python or my G'model 1911.

and yes, BOTH guns have the warranty registered.

Serial number not found​

They mainly charge because they’ve been around for over 150 years, and their old records aren’t digitized…they actually have to dig by hand on their old stuff. Usually, it’s to establish value…which isn’t necessary for a new manufacture gun.

I’m willing to bet there is something on the case with an approximate date, but…either way, I doubt it’s more than a year older than your date of purchase.

S&W is the same way, at least on their older stuff.
nope, nothing on either Colt case, but the serial number and barcode, and no hint of build date in that code. unlike my 2 Dan Wessons, which clearly show a build date on the box label.

nope, nothing on either Colt case, but the serial number and barcode, and no hint of build date in that code. unlike my 2 Dan Wessons, which clearly show a build date on the box label.
Honest question?

Why does knowing the exact date matter so much?

I get it for older guns…but for newly manufactured, I don’t see the importance.

Honest question?

Why does knowing the exact date matter so much?

I get it for older guns…but for newly manufactured, I don’t see the importance.
i keep detailed records on:

1) day/date of purchase,

2) dealer, dealer address, phone #

3) price with tax,

4) build date,

5) date first put into service,

6) how many rounds fired,

7) cleaning and lubing.

many times when i contact a manufacturer, all i get is, "build date 2020"

or "build date 3/2021"

only my Dan Wessons had day, month and year....the trifecta of information....

20220831_061008.jpg

So, I'm usually reluctant to post pics of pews, but this thing deserves to be seen. I was on the hunt for a 60 in 357 with a 2" barrel. I stumbled on this in the used rack at my favorite LGS. She's a real PC 686+ The trigger pull is so smooth and so crisp. I wanted a pocket gun, what I got was my new Sunday, got to meetin' piece. It sits beautifully in a Galco combat master and kinda just disappears. It's a big heavy piece, but carries like nothing.

Back