testtest

EDC for three years now

I’m suggesting if there are burglars in the garage and they are safely in the house, and they go out to the garage and use deadly force…yes…they would be the aggressor at that point.

Standing your ground is NOT the same thing as looking for a fight or using deadccly force when your life is not threatened.
You can make that argument in the context of the judgment call. You cannot make that argument in the context of Florida law as what OP described was within the parameters of use of force law in Florida. I would argue that a BURGLAR approaching the homeowner with a deadly weapon in his hand is plenty reason for OP to be in fear of death or great bodily harm to himself or his spouse. Read the law.

Cardinal rule in self-defense: NEVER LEAVE COVER
Never leave cover? Never? Cardinal rule? Nah. There's really only one "Cardinal rule" in self defense. Win at all costs.

Example. You are behind a brick half wall and several boogeymen are closing in on you and/or flanking you. What do you do ? One thing is for sure, remaining behind that brick wall is going to result in you getting shot to death.

Another example. You are safe in your house and your 16 year old son is in the garage screwing around with his new car. You hear a ruckus in the garage and see a strange car out front. Are you staying in your safe room and calling 911 or are you going out to the garage ?

Never leave cover? Never? Cardinal rule? Nah. There's really only one "Cardinal rule" in self defense. Win at all costs.

Example. You are behind a brick half wall and several boogeymen are closing in on you and/or flanking you. What do you do ? One thing is for sure, remaining behind that brick wall is going to result in you getting shot to death.

Another example. You are safe in your house and your 16 year old son is in the garage screwing around with his new car. You hear a ruckus in the garage and see a strange car out front. Are you staying in your safe room and calling 911 or are you going out to the garage ?
I think you missed the point, Bob, as it's no doubt possible to find an exception to EVERY rule. Also ... there's this little thing called 'common sense' that should guide your cover decisions. For instance: it's not very likely that a civilian is going to have 'several boogeymen' out-flanking him. You can 'what if' yourself to the point that you don't feel safe leaving your room without dragging along a 105.

I think you missed the point, Bob, as it's no doubt possible to find an exception to EVERY rule. Also ... there's this little thing called 'common sense' that should guide your cover decisions. For instance: it's not very likely that a civilian is going to have 'several boogeymen' out-flanking him. You can 'what if' yourself to the point that you don't feel safe leaving your room without dragging along a 105.

Really just pointing out the incorrect use of the term "Cardinal rule". I train a lot with combat vets and LEO so I am well versed in what you are saying and mostly agree. I also agree warning shots are a bad idea usually and leaving a well defended area to protect property is usually a bad idea, although I can't guarantee that in my personal situation here on the homestead that I wouldn't confront a thief. My situation is different than a lot of people's situation though. The details of which I have no desire to go into.

Really just pointing out the incorrect use of the term "Cardinal rule". I train a lot with combat vets and LEO so I am well versed in what you are saying and mostly agree. I also agree warning shots are a bad idea usually and leaving a well defended area to protect property is usually a bad idea, although I can't guarantee that in my personal situation here on the homestead that I wouldn't confront a thief. My situation is different than a lot of people's situation though. The details of which I have no desire to go into.
In the situation described by the PO, leaving cover wasn't smart. Civilians, LEO's and military are each exposed to different environments that call for different 'rules', if you will. Whereas LEO's and military are paid & trained to run towards danger, that's not a very good path for a civilian to follow. But human nature being what it is, we don't always follow what we know to be common sense - including yours truly: 2 weeks after opening up a clothing store, I was B&E'd. After that ... me, BHP & my dog moved in & slept there. At 3AM one morning, I heard someone out back - rather than call either of my 2 LEO partners, I couldn't wait to confront whomever it was, myself, as I had revenge rather than common sense in mind. I was so pissed & so itching to get my hands on them that I even forgot to bring my dog - a Dobie. So yes ... I do understand that we don't always do the smart thing - but that does not belie the fact that the smart thing to do is to stay under cover until a professional arrives - when possible.

What amazes me the most is that every time someone defends themselves, here on the interweb any number of supposed self-defenses, ccw, 2nd amendment supporters start nit picking telling everyone what was done wrong. With friends like that who needs enemies. o_O
Ya I know we are just trying to educate so others won't make all those mistakes. 🤬

What amazes me the most is that every time someone defends themselves, here on the interweb any number of supposed self-defenses, ccw, 2nd amendment supporters start nit picking telling everyone what was done wrong. With friends like that who needs enemies. o_O
Ya I know we are just trying to educate so others won't make all those mistakes. 🤬
And as reasonable as it seems to educate people, it does get annoying when you don't need educating. Especially since in the last couple years about 5 guys have already come in here to "Educate" us.

It also seems that no matter how many times we point out that we aren't talking about what's the smartest play, we are talking about what was legal in the OP's specific case, people gotta chime in and tell us how stupid it is to leave a place of safety to confront a thief. Those people should give me their address so I can go and steal their :poop:. Since they will hole up in their bedroom I should have plenty of time to get their car and some other stuff before the cops show up.

And as reasonable as it seems to educate people, it does get annoying when you don't need educating. Especially since in the last couple years about 5 guys have already come in here to "Educate" us.

It also seems that no matter how many times we point out that we aren't talking about what's the smartest play, we are talking about what was legal in the OP's specific case, people gotta chime in and tell us how stupid it is to leave a place of safety to confront a thief. Those people should give me their address so I can go and steal their :poop:. 's Since they will hole up in their bedroom I should have plenty of time to get their car and some other stuff before the cops show up.
There, there now, Bob ... where you don't need educating, I'm surprised that you waste your valuable time here reading all these senseless posts that you find so uninformative.

And ... that's a lot of literary license, as 'not smart' isn't necessarily stupid - unless, of course, the shoe fits. And I hope your last sentence is more indicative of your obvious frustration with being force-fed information that, God knows, YOU certainly don't need, rather than a display of your immaturity.

Maybe ... just sit back, take your meds, and try a coloring book - the stress of reading how we here are solving the world's firearms problems is obviously a little too much for you right now.

There, there now, Bob ... where you don't need educating, I'm surprised that you waste your valuable time here reading all these senseless posts that you find so uninformative.

And ... that's a lot of literary license, as 'not smart' isn't necessarily stupid - unless, of course, the shoe fits. And I hope your last sentence is more indicative of your obvious frustration with being force-fed information that, God knows, YOU certainly don't need, rather than a display of your immaturity.

Maybe ... just sit back, take your meds, and try a coloring book - the stress of reading how we here are solving the world's firearms problems is obviously a little too much for you right now.
Or maybe it's just that I ( along with pretty much everyone else here) already knows the :poop: you're spouting and while it may be useful information to someone who just bought their first gun, everyone here has been training formally and/or is LEO or military background and to us it's just the latest iteration of an internet "Expert" trying to show us all how much he knows.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Enjoy your stay.

Or maybe it's just that I ( along with pretty much everyone else here) already knows the :poop: you're spouting and while it may be useful information to someone who just bought their first gun, everyone here has been training formally and/or is LEO or military background and to us it's just the latest iteration of an internet "Expert" trying to show us all how much he knows.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Enjoy your stay.
My apologies for having bored you to the point of tears, however - as you appear to be the spokesperson for 'pretty much everyone here', you should take it upon yourself to clarify the rules on the sign-up page that, lacking formal training or an LEO/military background, an interested candidate should move on down the road in order to spare you the obvious torture of redundancy.

My oldest daughter was a bartender for years. I like Bombay Blue Saphire. When she makes me a Martini she stuffs the olives with bleu cheese by hand. My touch is not delicate enough to do that without destroying the olive, so I buy pre-stuffed olives at the store. My question is this: shaken, or stirred?

My oldest daughter was a bartender for years. I like Bombay Blue Saphire. When she makes me a Martini she stuffs the olives with bleu cheese by hand. My touch is not delicate enough to do that without destroying the olive, so I buy pre-stuffed olives at the store. My question is this: shaken, or stirred?

I can tell you from my bartending days on Palm Beach, you can shake a Martini, but a Manhattan is always stirred ;). And by the way ...: put in a mixing bowl: 2oz mayo, 1oz sour cream, dash Worcestershire, dash white wine vinegar, juice from a lemon wedge, 1 oz heavy cream, salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste AND 3oz of blue cheese - but the good stuff from a wheel or wedge. After blending it all together - slice olives down lengthwise, fill the cavities with the mix using a demi tasse and spear the 2 halves together with ye olde olive pick.

Salute ...

I recently had an attemted break-in in our home Deland Florida. The perps were teenagers they tried to break into the agrage my house alarm went off. the keypad said that the side garage door was a jar. the wife and i have drills for these types of situations. We went out the front door with pistols at ready. We confronted two kids with a crowbar and one kid waiting in a running truck. I told them to halt and put the crowbar down. they started to approach us. i fired three shoots in front of them into the ground. The driver screamed get in the truck. they got in then backed away from us and sped off. the cameras got video of them. They also left finger prints on the garage door and our vehicles. They were apprehended five days later. As a responsible EDC that was the choice we made in 7 seconds. We are very happy they did not approach us and they chose to get in the truck as ordered. And we belive their parents are too.

Joe & Angela
Always at ready
Deland Florida
Well done, drills, practice train and a excellent solution.

I can tell you from my bartending days on Palm Beach, you can shake a Martini, but a Manhattan is always stirred ;). And by the way ...: put in a mixing bowl: 2oz mayo, 1oz sour cream, dash Worcestershire, dash white wine vinegar, juice from a lemon wedge, 1 oz heavy cream, salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste AND 3oz of blue cheese - but the good stuff from a wheel or wedge. After blending it all together - slice olives down lengthwise, fill the cavities with the mix using a demi tasse and spear the 2 halves together with ye olde olive pick.

Salute ...
I will twy dat wit my nxt martooni

My apologies for having bored you to the point of tears, however - as you appear to be the spokesperson for 'pretty much everyone here', you should take it upon yourself to clarify the rules on the sign-up page that, lacking formal training or an LEO/military background, an interested candidate should move on down the road in order to spare you the obvious torture of redundancy.
Or maybe just not come off like you are the all knowing . At a minimum work on your reading comprehension and read the whole thread before you respond to something erroneously.

Or maybe just not come off like you are the all knowing . At a minimum work on your reading comprehension and read the whole thread before you respond to something erroneously.
I think there's a bit of confusion over which one of us believes they're all knowing. You might want to re-read your own responses if you need examples of pompous, all-knowing responses, sir. But my apologies for questioning one who knows so much that they just can't stand to read redundancies. No matter - I think I'm done ,,, you win ... far be it from me to question anyone so well-trained that they know it all.

And although a couple of years late, thank you for your welcome here ... but no thanks.

Back