testtest

Springfield Adds New Colors to Hellcat and Hellcat Pro Pistol Lineup

The military invests tons of effort into coming up with camouflage patterns for uniforms and equipment, then study after study shows troops are first spotted by the 3' all black rifle they are carrying.... ...I don't know if pistols make a difference...

So it doesn't has to be black IMO, I like pistols in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) or other tactical colors.....

But yea, pinks, powder blue, I think they are going after the female buyer... ...not sure on those I've seen in purple....

I don't dislike some of the pistols done stenciled decorative graphics....

The military invests tons of effort into coming up with camouflage patterns for uniforms and equipment, then study after study shows troops are first spotted by the 3' all black rifle they are carrying.... ...I don't know if pistols make a difference...

So it doesn't has to be black IMO, I like pistols in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) or other tactical colors.....

But yea, pinks, powder blue, I think they are going after the female buyer... ...not sure on those I've seen in purple....

I don't dislike some of the pistols done stenciled decorative graphics....
Agreed... plus military open carry. These pistols will be concealed carried.

Men tend to like black, stainless, FDE, ODG, grays, and other masculine colors, and women like more feminine colors. If get gets some females more pride of ownership and exited about carrying, then I am all for it.

I forgot to mention, the one with the Burnt Bronze slide looks really good. And if its done with PVD, then certainly will be a tough coating on the slide.

There was a time that the only practical finish was some tint of black, or natural stainless steel.

I guess you could argue parkerizing could be gray, but such an ugly gray, you'd prefer black.

Not true anymore.

And while we argue about how gaudy some colors are, in the past and still today, there are pistols with elaborate fancy engravings and gold inlay with pearl grips 🤢 🤮.

You have the right to have your property in any color you want, manufacturers making more colorful pistols for female buyers is fine by me also. Well, I guess men could buy it if they want, but not for me.

I see Springfield has gone the color route, nice, but not my thing

As a member of the distaff half of humankind, any LGS that remotely tries to sell me any firearm in pink is a LGS uninterested in selling me a firearm - there are women who like firearms in colors; I'd never criticize them, but I don't need pink, blue, green or any other color, other than black or possibly 'silver'

Whatever gets you thru the night...
30EF729E-8956-4A75-8917-824CD24898C9.gif

As a member of the distaff half of humankind, any LGS that remotely tries to sell me any firearm in pink is a LGS uninterested in selling me a firearm - there are women who like firearms in colors; I'd never criticize them, but I don't need pink, blue, green or any other color, other than black or possibly 'silver'
So I take it you also have no interest in any firearms that have a brown stock, as well?

Our preferred LGS has some firearms available in different colors, and they certainly are interested in selling me a gun (as they have done several times 🤑).
Colors are a personal choice, and if SA offering a pistol in colors helps bring new gun owners (especially those who might be reluctant to purchase a gun otherwise) into the fold, count me in.

Our three granddaughters all have colored rifles, and we recently added a Mossberg 715t covered in Muddy Girl camo to the stable. The 10 year old shot it for the first time today and she will tell you it is both amazing and beautiful! The pink Rascal has been pushed aside... These girls all became interested in shooting because of their pink and purple rifles, and I fail to see the downside to this.

I myself fell victim to the lure of an army green P938. While it doesn't shoot any better or worse than the all black version, it looks different and I like that. Bottom line, if you like it, that's all that matters.

Back