testtest

Does your edc have a wml?

The problem with a non weapon mounted light is now you need to draw two separate tools for one job. Also not having a dominant grip on the firearm because your holding a separate flashlight can be more of an accident waiting to happen than possibly aiming at an unintended target. The only time I'm pointing a firearm at someone is if there's a chance of an immediate threat. Keeping a separate handheld light on your person isn't a bad idea but to rely on it while in an engagement is asking for trouble.

If you have both a weapon mounted light and handheld, It's a lot easier to train to drop what's in your non draw hand and use the weapon mounted light then it is to use both tools at once.
Usuing the Rodgers technique I never found that to be a problem off duty for EDC. When I was doing entry’s(room clearing ETC.) I had a light on my handgun. Most of the time I used a suppressed HK MP5 which had a light also.

what about teenagers sneaking in/out?
It's just me the wife and the cats. If I got teenagers sneaking in and out, grab the musket ma we got problems:LOL:
WML on EDC, No. IMHO just the next Leggo to put on your firearm, right up there with optics, lasers, grip tape, etc. On the other hand, if you find a need for it or it just lifts your skirt have at it. I'm more than likely wrong and definitely out of step.

It's just me the wife and the cats. If I got teenagers sneaking in and out, grab the musket ma we got problems:LOL:
WML on EDC, No. IMHO just the next Leggo to put on your firearm, right up there with optics, lasers, grip tape, etc. On the other hand, if you find a need for it or it just lifts your skirt have at it. I'm more than likely wrong and definitely out of step.
I wouldn't put grip tape in with optics and lasers...Springfield 1911's are great, but my Ronin's front strap is smooth as a baby's butt, and a small piece of Talon tape solved the issue for me. Almost ALL high-end 1911's have machine-textured front straps, and a strip of Talon tape gets you 99% of the way there...

Same situation. Me, the woman and the cats. No real need for WMLs. Optics though? I suppose it depends on two things. Are you ever going to shoot this weapon on the range or outside of your home. And what type of optic. A scope on a HD weapon makes no sense. A dot on the other hand will work just fine in low light. And a HD weapon may actually be the only appropriate use for a laser. At least for us civilians.

Grip tape? Never considered it, but if people use it who am I to judge.

Some time back Massad Ayoob wrote a article about a weapon light and the problem can be that as you are pointing the light and a loaded weapon at a person and a charge could be placed against you by a unarmed person on your property at night and he cites the whole thing. When I was a Deputy Sheriff we were train to use a flashlight away from our body as weapon light will highlight you and make a nice target, away from body and use in short on and off. To this day I still use weak side to point flashlight and if things work out I may get to do a round or two in clearing a house in the dark at a old friends training area. Check out the article by Mass ass its great info.

To me, lights/lasers are more of an aggressive feature, not necessary for self defense. But either way, I don’t want to become dependent on these type things.
I cannot help thinking that a light or laser pinpoits the holder , as well as their potential target.
I know I don’t need one for my house. Can’t see carrying one either.
I agree sir. I like to keep my handguns without lights or lasers. I do have a red dot on a bolt action rifle but I bought from a fellow Marine who used it for hog hunting near San Antonio. I do like the red dot on that rifle..but I normally prefer open sights and no lights..:)

Some time back Massad Ayoob wrote a article about a weapon light and the problem can be that as you are pointing the light and a loaded weapon at a person and a charge could be placed against you by a unarmed person on your property at night and he cites the whole thing. When I was a Deputy Sheriff we were train to use a flashlight away from our body as weapon light will highlight you and make a nice target, away from body and use in short on and off. To this day I still use weak side to point flashlight and if things work out I may get to do a round or two in clearing a house in the dark at a old friends training area. Check out the article by Mass ass its great info.
Okay. Can anyone here give me one single example of anyone, anywhere being charged for shining a flashlight attached to a gun at someone ?

We can debate the pros and cons of WMLs. Again. While we're dusting it off though, how about those crazy fools who put aftermarket triggers in their guns eh? They're just asking to go to prison if they ever have to save their own lives with one of those.

Yup..... hellcat tlr6.jpg

Back