testtest

Server Maintenance

IT, but not really Network. I was more security & operating system for distributed & mainframe platforms. I had to deal with network guys & gals on occasion though. I was just try to give it my best guess. If other sites respond fine, I don’t see how any throttling is being done (unless all the people I’ve mentioned are coming to this site 🙂).

IT, but not really Network. I was more security & operating system for distributed & mainframe platforms. I had to deal with network guys & gals on occasion though. I was just try to give it my best guess. If other sites respond fine, I don’t see how any throttling is being done (unless all the people I’ve mentioned are coming to this site 🙂).
Interesting. I would like to hear about it sometime.
Everybody wants to come to this site to hang out with the cool kids :)

Cyberdyne’s IT guy....,
1584153382560.jpeg

Hi guys, sorry to hear that problems are popping again for some of you. I just want to let you know that we are looking into options to move forward and resolve these issues. Thanks for your patience and thanks for reporting what you are experiencing as that will help us figure out the best path.

Hi guys, sorry to hear that problems are popping again for some of you. I just want to let you know that we are looking into options to move forward and resolve these issues. Thanks for your patience and thanks for reporting what you are experiencing as that will help us figure out the best path.
Thanks Louis

Growing pains Louis. You will get it all figured out. Thank you for actually listening to us and thank you for being so supportive!

Ahh. Have you ever tried it after seeing slow response on your computer?, or are you saying you haven't downloaded to your phone yet. Just curious if phone/tablet would show the same responsiveness as the computer or not.
No pc here either kemosabi......just iPad and iPhone

Looking at this as a whole, I see most of the reports coming in the evening/nighttime. I have a feeling that because more people in general are on the internet in the evenings that it is clogging up some of the normal routes the Armory Life server for some of you guys and forcing some of you on slower detours, so to speak. Netflix/YouTube/etc. can really hog a lot of the bandwidth on the internet at large in the evenings.

When you are having a slow down when trying to access this site you can check a number of things to see where a slow down may be. The commands may be different on the different operating systems, I don't use them some as much as I should... On windows you can run a tracert command, tracert thearmorylife.com, from the command box to see how many hops you have to get to the armory life and how long it takes for each hop.

To get to the command box you can just type cmd in the search box on a windows 10 machine. Then just type tracert thearmorylife.com When it is completed you should get something similar to this;

1584203924619.png

When you are having a slow down when trying to access this site you can check a number of things to see where a slow down may be. The commands may be different on the different operating systems, I don't use them some as much as I should... On windows you can run a tracert command, tracert thearmorylife.com, from the command box to see how many hops you have to get to the armory life and how long it takes for each hop.

To get to the command box you can just type cmd in the search box on a windows 10 machine. Then just type tracert thearmorylife.com When it is completed you should get something similar to this;

View attachment 3276

Last edited:
Looking at this as a whole, I see most of the reports coming in the evening/nighttime. I have a feeling that because more people in general are on the internet in the evenings that it is clogging up some of the normal routes the Armory Life server for some of you guys and forcing some of you on slower detours, so to speak. Netflix/YouTube/etc. can really hog a lot of the bandwidth on the internet at large in the evenings.
Somewhat similar and to what I was thinking Louis, as replied in one of my previous posts (my theory dealing with increased traffic due to COVID-19 virus, and those in isolation/confinement spending more time on the Net). What confused me was that posters said their other visited sites seem to respond quickly. But you bring up a good point, that they don't go through the entire same path that's taken to get to the Springfield site. When this happened where I previously worked, they would run a Network "sniffer trace" and analyze the packets to help determine where the slowdown was occuring. Good luck to you and your network guys on nailing down these issues. As others have posted, it's appreciated Louis.

Yeah, but how's come all the other places I visit are running smooth as silk and this forum
gets really stuck?

There can be several different reasons for that. The main reason is that different websites reside on servers in different physical locations and the routes to get from your computer to the various websites is almost always a different route unless two different sites are running on servers at the same data center. Also, very large websites like media outlets and social media platforms have very advanced setups and run many different servers in various locations and you are routed to the closest one.

Yeah, but how's come all the other places I visit are running smooth as silk and this forum
gets really stuck?
Slowdown could be in the path between your computer and Springfield Armory server hosting this site. Example: Site that responds fine goes from your computer to your ISP's server then to servers A,B,&C to the host's website. Springfield Armory site slowdown goes from your computer to your ISP's server then to servers X,Y,&Z to the The Armory Life's server. The slowdown is occurring in the path somewhere from between X,Y,&Z and The Armory Life server. This could be due to increase bandwidth usage somewhere in that path (let's say server Y also serves as the path to the NETFLIX site with increased users accessing it at night etc.) This could cause a slowdown to sites along said path. It's why it's a pain to debug network issues sometimes.

There can be several different reasons for that. The main reason is that different websites reside on servers in different physical locations and the routes to get from your computer to the various websites is almost always a different route unless two different sites are running on servers at the same data center. Also, very large websites like media outlets and social media platforms have very advanced setups and run many different servers in various locations and you are routed to the closest one.
Sorry, I didn't see your response Louis, and responded similarly to SMSgtRod.

Back