testtest

A Retired LEO’s Special Mil-Spec 1911

Not a LEO, but the Mil Spec (this is a Defender w/cardboard box and 1 mag) is the best 1911 I've ever owned.
PXL_20201002_163152852.jpg

Having also retired from a mid-sized agency at the rank of Major, the 1911 and was my retirement gift as well. There was experience with them, through the military before LE. Along with the M-14 for security details (yes I have the Springfield M1A). Full auto was a sight with a buck sixty weight class. I am dating myself. Carried the .45 for most of my LE career in various formats from the S&W 645 through the FN Tactical in .45. Now with an optic for the old eyes. There were stops at HK USP and Sig 220. Thanks for your service and the article. At the risk of starting the ole 9mm versus argument, the .45's outnumber the 9mm @ 4 to 1 in this house. Till the boating accident of course and the fondest memory was going into the indoor range in Boot Camp and seeing the ceiling just full of .45 holes. The .45 isn't for everyone and is the most turned down offer to shoot at the Range by friends...

Last edited:
Having also retired from a mid-sized agency at the rank of Major, the 1911 and was my retirement gift as well. There was experience with them, through the military before LE. Along with the M-14 for security details (yes I have the Springfield M1A). Full auto was a sight with a buck sixty weight class. I am dating myself. Carried the .45 for most of my LE career in various formats from the S&W 645 through the FN Tactical in .45. Now with an optic for the old eyes. There were stops at HK USP and Sig 220. Thanks for your service and the article. At the risk of starting the ole 9mm versus argument, the .45's outnumber the 9mm @ 4 to 1 in this house. Till the boating accident of course and the fondest memory was going into the indoor range in Boot Camp and seeing the ceiling just full of .45 holes. The .45 isn't for everyone and is the most turned down offer to shoot at the Range by friends...
Thank you for your service, Sir! I am jealous of your history and familiarity with the 1911. My Grandfather carried a 1911 in WWI. My LE career went 9mm to .40 to 9mm and back to .40. I’m still at the “10mm short” around these parts. I won’t be turning down a .45 offer at the range. I appreciate your dating yourself here, CEW.

Yes, thank you for your service to your country and your community.

Back