testtest

About the Springfield Emissary Grenade Grip Texture

5BC1B9BA-A9AF-4B8C-8FB2-36C6094FDAE3.jpeg
This reminds me of my Archon Type B, except the texture is directional on the Archon and is deigned for the grip to “bite” during recoil.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "About the Springfield Emissary Grenade Grip Texture" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/about-the-springfield-emissary-grenade-grip-texture/.

i really like the grip, and the grips texturing.

i let the RSO's (2 of them) try out my Emissary, and they both could not stop talking about the great grip it has.
(one is a younger man at about 30, and the other is just over 60, with "some" arthritis, and he was able to grip and shoot it)

at first, i thought the grips were aluminum, but after reading the specs, i found out they are VZ grips.

to me, a really great 1911, and i too, was never fond of a rail on a 1911, (as i like the "classic look" of the 1911's) but i "see" this gun to be a limited run, so grab it now, was my thought(s).

I just went to my LGS to feel an Emissary, but wow were those grips too much. I tend to use a very firm grip, and after just presenting the gun and dry-firing it once, the pattern was embedded in my hand and my skin was red. Mind you, I work out a few times a week and can do 22 full pullups on a regular bare metal bar, so my palms are not soft. But I don't understand how anyone can grip an Emissary firmly and go through multiple mags. Any ideas?

I just went to my LGS to feel an Emissary, but wow were those grips too much. I tend to use a very firm grip, and after just presenting the gun and dry-firing it once, the pattern was embedded in my hand and my skin was red. Mind you, I work out a few times a week and can do 22 full pullups on a regular bare metal bar, so my palms are not soft. But I don't understand how anyone can grip an Emissary firmly and go through multiple mags. Any ideas?
i dunno, but i have "old hands", and there isn't any problem for me. maybe your "firm grip", is too firm..???

The first time I gripped them they seemed to me uncomfortable maybe painful. Then I shot it in Steel Challenge
and had no problems. I preferred them for the great lockup it gave my hands with the gun. I think it is just the first time you have a grip pattern this aggressive it is too unfamiliar. Love them now. Old guy with soft hands also.

I really liked my Emissary and found the grip texture to be no issue. It gave me a positive feel on the gun and good control during the limited/light recoil of the heavy gun, the grip texture was definitely not the reason I traded it in for another SA firearm, I was just not shooting it enough to keep it in my collection. The gun I got to replace it has already 500% more rounds through it in 1/4 of the time of ownership.

I really liked my Emissary and found the grip texture to be no issue. It gave me a positive feel on the gun and good control during the limited/light recoil of the heavy gun, the grip texture was definitely not the reason I traded it in for another SA firearm, I was just not shooting it enough to keep it in my collection. The gun I got to replace it has already 500% more rounds through it in 1/4 of the time of ownership.
OK and what pray tell is the replacement gun????

OK and what pray tell is the replacement gun????
🤔 😂 it was a XD-M Elite Compact 45ACP and a Holosun 507C X2 for the gun.
For me an easier gun to carry concealed and also a sibling to the same gun in 10mm with the same Holosun.

The Emissary was a great gun but as I said before I just wasn’t shooting it enough and I really prefer and like
SA black striker fire pistol’s.

I like some of the Emissary’s features, but the square trigger guard isn’t for me, plus the rail, don’t care for them on a 1911, just me, even though my RO Operator and Sig 1911 has it, I just don’t look at it…..lol

I like some of the Emissary’s features, but the square trigger guard isn’t for me, plus the rail, don’t care for them on a 1911, just me, even though my RO Operator and Sig 1911 has it, I just don’t look at it…..lol
I understand your thoughts on the square TG although for me it matches the other different aspects of the design look and liked it, the rail was actually part of why it ended up being traded in as it gave me the option to mount the light and doomed the gun to just a nightstand piece unless I spent more money on another holster.
Switching it out for the Elite compact XDM 45 gives me the nightstand gun “without the light” and another carry gun that I already have holsters for even with the optic, basically the same holsters I have for the 10mm version the 45 works in.
A win win.

Can I ask why you weren’t shooting it as much- was the replacement a different 1911?

Back