testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

Yep, I already have a Staccato C2 so speding the money on something other than the C2 was fine with me. I wanted to try something new.. I paid 1100 for my Prodigy brand new.
So still quite a bit cheaper than a Staccato, even with the upgrades.

Not that those things should be necessary.

Yes by about 500-600. Like I said before, I just wanted to try something different. I am sure I will get some flak for putting money into it, but oh well...lol.
Curious on what you think of how the Prodigy shoots vs the Staccato C2.

I tried an older Staccato C and was not impressed, it was VERY jumpy compared to the Prodigy. Prodigy is a lot smoother and softer shooting. The C2 and CS are aluminum lightweight guns. (I haven't tried any other Staccato so I can't comment on the other models)

In my opinion, for an apples to apples comparison, you'd have to run at least a Staccato P (Steel Frame option) against a Prodigy. The P, with optic ready option in Steel Frame is $2500.

I have no doubt the prodigy will be smoother then my C2. I have the same feeling, the C2 is very clunky and I didn't feel it was any smoother then a stock prodigy. Only thing different was the stupid disconnect issues the prodigy has that the Staccato doesn't.

So buy a $1500 SA 9mm 1911 and put another $500 in it ?

Is it just me or does SA seem to have a hell of a lot of problems with their 1911s ?
Yeah so . Buy a 2900 Staccato and still put in at least 100.00 or more on a decent trigger What's the difference . People by Trigger fired glocks and put $500 into them . What's your point?

I tried an older Staccato C and was not impressed, it was VERY jumpy compared to the Prodigy. Prodigy is a lot smoother and softer shooting. The C2 and CS are aluminum lightweight guns. (I haven't tried any other Staccato so I can't comment on the other models)

In my opinion, for an apples to apples comparison, you'd have to run at least a Staccato P (Steel Frame option) against a Prodigy. The P, with optic ready option in Steel Frame is $2500.
The real winner is Bul Armory . It just blows you can't find them

It is ? You mean with a Holosun included right ?

I have a Bul on my wish list. I get an email everytime, but by the time I open it they are out of stock....lol
I know for an absolute fact . This last email they only got 3 Sas II Tac 4.25 models . Yet well over 100 of those Sas II UL's . Those you can get all day long . They are fun to shoot . Finding the SasII Tac has become impossible

It is ? You mean with a Holosun included right ?
No, I mean standard price, right on their website, with optic ready option. $2,500.

I'll take the Prodigy all day for 1k less.

stac-p.jpg

You must be not shopping I can find that same gun with a Holosun 507 C x2 Sight .
MSRP is the only relevant price when you want to do a data driven comparison of one gun to another.

If you find one on a random website for cheaper, that's an outlier. Sale prices are irrelevant.

I could find a Prodigy, if I looked hard, for $1100, and probably a Staccato P for $2100 somewhere, but it's still $1k cheaper for the Prodigy.

MSRP is the only relevant price when you want to do a data driven comparison of one gun to another.

If you find one on a random website for cheaper, that's an outlier. Sale prices are irrelevant.

I could find a Prodigy, if I looked hard, for $1100, and probably a Staccato P for $2100 somewhere, but it's still $1k cheaper for the Prodigy.
I guess : It's not random . My guess is most people don't know the Bigger Dealers like Nagal and Xtreme have Staccato's with Optic packages . Plus will deal on the actual guns themselves . Because they are Master Dealers I find teh Prodigy in my area consistently for $1300.00 Nobody carries Staccato. But like I said if Bul Armory would start supplying guns . They would likely hurt SA and Staccato both . Since they don't need upgrades . Before you say MIM parts . Mr Geissele himself told me that is an Internet Hyped Fallacy

I guess : It's not random . My guess is most people don't know the Bigger Dealers like Nagal and Xtreme have Staccato's with Optic packages . Plus will deal on the actual guns themselves . Because they are Master Dealers I find teh Prodigy in my area consistently for $1300.00 Nobody carries Staccato. But like I said if Bul Armory would start supplying guns . They would likely hurt SA and Staccato both . Since they don't need upgrades . Before you say MIM parts . Mr Geissele himself told me that is an Internet Hyped Fallacy
There's nothing wrong with MIM parts.

Almost everything we buy today has MIM parts, or MIM equivalent parts.

The Bul appears to be very nice and I've looked at them before, but I've always reserved judgement on -anything- until I've had it in my hands and tried it for myself.

The Prodigy is available, like you said. The Bul is not. That fact alone will make people buy the Prodigy over the Bul, since the price point is about the same and has the same features.

Even though the Prodigy may have some flaws, a lot of people agree it shoots better. This isn't coming from me; this is from multiple other people who posted reviews.

I would love to get my hands on a Bul and see how it compares to the Prodigy.

...Before you say MIM parts . Mr Geissele himself told me that is an Internet Hyped Fallacy
There's nothing wrong with MIM parts.

Almost everything we buy today has MIM parts, or MIM equivalent parts.
Agreed with you both on that. There continue to be massive misconceptions and myths about MIM, nowhere more so than in the 1911 world - much of it based on archaic ideas of what MIM was capable of decades ago, vs what is possible now. Some people really want to cling to the idea that the only possible way to make a good 1911 is entirely by hand, but then again, the 1911 fan world isn't exactly known for open minds or modern thinking.

As for the BUL, it seems to have a lot going for it, and the few people who have been able to get their hands on one seem to all sing its praises. I just wish it didn't use proprietary mags. OR version of the SAS II has an MSRP of $1890, so right between the Prodigy and the Staccato. No clue what street price might be, since they are basically vaporware.

The Humble Marksman did a good review on the SAS II a while back if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, my Prodigy continues to hum along with no issues, and is ridiculously accurate...

Agreed with you both on that. There continue to be massive misconceptions and myths about MIM, nowhere more so than in the 1911 world - much of it based on archaic ideas of what MIM was capable of decades ago, vs what is possible now. Some people really want to cling to the idea that the only possible way to make a good 1911 is entirely by hand, but then again, the 1911 fan world isn't exactly known for open minds or modern thinking.

As for the BUL, it seems to have a lot going for it, and the few people who have been able to get their hands on one seem to all sing its praises. I just wish it didn't use proprietary mags. OR version of the SAS II has an MSRP of $1890, so right between the Prodigy and the Staccato. No clue what street price might be, since they are basically vaporware.

The Humble Marksman did a good review on the SAS II a while back if anyone is interested.

Meanwhile, my Prodigy continues to hum along with no issues, and is ridiculously accurate...
Funny you mention TheHumbleMarksman - he has a fantastic review of the Staccato P, Bul SAS II 4.25" and Prodigy 4.25"
(He runs Bul race guns)

In the end - He says the Bul and Staccato are better 'carry' guns, but he also says the Prodigy is the most fun and smoothest to shoot. Linked video below.

I have spoken back and forth with David a few times . Not about the Prodigy though . My Dealer sold 3 in a week . That's impressive since I live in a Town where you have to watch out for Horses and Cows as much if not more then deer . Bul Armory is selling everything at MSRP. Rainer has the little Sas II UL in Stock as well as a couple competition Buls . All at MSRP

Funny you mention TheHumbleMarksman - he has a fantastic review of the Staccato P, Bul SAS II 4.25" and Prodigy 4.25"
(He runs Bul race guns)

In the end - He says the Bul and Staccato are better 'carry' guns, but he also says the Prodigy is the most fun and smoothest to shoot. Linked video below.

Yet he bought the Bul Armory he reviewed for his personal carry ? I'll have to watch that video again. I don't recall him saying the prodigy was the smoothest . Didn't he say it was the easiest to shoot and would be the best for new shooters? He warned that Bul's shouldn't be bought unless you can actually shoot . Like you're a shooter . David is a good guy -So is ARKZ and Big Johnson . They all like to talk guns .

Back