testtest

First Look: Springfield 1911 DS Prodigy 9mm

No, it isn't, but neither was the one in the video, but it's under $1500.

If you want all the goodies its gonna cost a bit more probably. I would prefer the SAS II TAC in black with the optic cut.

I really like the Bul Armory… but as said, can’t find them.
In being honest, I wanted to get in at the ground floor with a Prodigy in the 1911 DS world.
My next step…if I decide to get another in the safe, would probably be a Stacatto P w/ Optic Cut.
I have the 5in Prodigy and I like it so much I’m pretty sure the 4.25 is in my future somewhere down the road.

I have the 5in Prodigy and I like it so much I’m pretty sure the 4.25 is in my future somewhere down the road.
I'm in the same boat.

Though my father just got the 4.25" so I can really test it out at the range to see if I like it enough to buy it in addition to my 5".

I let him use mine when we go to the range together and I might have let him use it so much he fell in love with it :cool:

I wasn’t sure how I’d like mine, I feel I shot my Legion X5 pretty darn well at the range and outdoors.
But the more trigger time I get with my prodigy…it really does shine. I do have a little drag on the disconnector.
One day, I may just get an EGW ignition kit just because. But for now, I’ll spend the money towards ammo and keep running it. It is very, very smooth and solid.
Well I got out my trusty Dremel and with a soft pointy polishing bit and a bit of Mothers aluminum polishing compound I worked on my Prodigy.
Careful not to remove any material I worked on the radius at the front of the flat that the disconnector slides on. The radius is only on the very top edge so I polished that and the area nearer the breech face. I also used a soft 3000 grit sanding stick and lightly touched up the entire flat on the slide and the top flat on the disconnector. I took the same Dremel bit and polished the angles on the disconnector careful not to remove any material.
Lubed it and put it all back together and wow, what a difference! Slick as snot and almost no drag
It's probably not quite up to Staccato standards, but damn, it shoots great and looks fantastic and I'm satisfied. Maybe someday I'll add a Staccato to my arsenal.

RLB… this may sound like me being a smart ass…it’s not, promise.
Let me know how slick and smooth that action is with a few hundred rounds down range when it gets dirtied up, if you don’t mind. Curious how it runs….

Just curious, for you lot that want a 10mm version, what is your intended use for that?

You going to hunt hogs with it?

Are you thinking you'd actually use it for EDC?

It doesn't have a real place in matches, like USPSA, etc., so presumably you're not wanting it for that.

I feel like I have no use or desire for a 10mm. But, the idea seems so popular, I can't help wondering if I'm missing something about it.

To each is own. I have all sorts of use for a 10mm. I have zero use for a 9mm. My dad didn't raise a sissy and I dont have weak wrists. First I'd carry it for duty. Carry 10mm now. Secondly, great cartridge to hunt with or carry while hunting. Third, its just an amazing cartridge to shoot. Especially at long range. Something 9mm boys cant do. And 100 yds isnt long range.

To each is own. I have all sorts of use for a 10mm. I have zero use for a 9mm. My dad didn't raise a sissy and I dont have weak wrists. First I'd carry it for duty. Carry 10mm now. Secondly, great cartridge to hunt with or carry while hunting. Third, its just an amazing cartridge to shoot. Especially at long range. Something 9mm boys cant do. And 100 yds isnt long range.
Oh, I love the chest thumping. So alpha male (alpha, by the way, means full of bugs and not suitable for release).

If you spent the time to research, you’d know that rapid hits count for more than “mOaR PoWeRZ!” when it comes to effecting a rapid stop of bipeds.

Or, just thump your chest. Whatever.

Just curious, for you lot that want a 10mm version, what is your intended use for that?

You going to hunt hogs with it?

Are you thinking you'd actually use it for EDC?

It doesn't have a real place in matches, like USPSA, etc., so presumably you're not wanting it for that.

I feel like I have no use or desire for a 10mm. But, the idea seems so popular, I can't help wondering if I'm missing something about it.
because it fits into a large frame pistol (ie. 45acp) and has more powder when needed.................what's not to want! Hog hunting, now that's funny. Those stupid things are smart, so don't let the look of them fool you! I've been lucky ony once to be within pistol range of a hog (within 100 yards) with a 40s&w that took almost a mg full too kill (no fmj on hand).

Oh, I love the chest thumping. So alpha male (alpha, by the way, means full of bugs and not suitable for release).

If you spent the time to research, you’d know that rapid hits count for more than “mOaR PoWeRZ!” when it comes to effecting a rapid stop of bipeds.

Or, just thump your chest. Whatever.

Haha I love triggering lil 9mm babies, boys that cant' live up to a mans world. Also, a thing called shot placement, but you gotta be a good marksman to understand that. You probably drive a mustang don't you and think it's a sports car. And believe I flushed more knowledge down the drain this morning about this stuff then youll ever possess.

Back