testtest

Garand: The Man Behind the Legend

Agreed with all of the above posters. I'm glad I found and purchased a 1940 M1 Garand, own a M1A, and a James River Armory/Bula Defense M14 built using the Army blueprints sans select fire operation.

The only Springfield I currently own is a '44 Garand.
8D4607B2-9AFF-4440-A647-D7CDBD888ABB.jpeg

I have a '43. Man, it's nice and it's seen some use. Yours looks like it has some character, too.

It’s got some.

Got rearsenaled in the ‘50’s, got a new barrel (H&R?) that’s a 1 at both the muzzle and throat.

It SHOOTS.

Have a few hundred rounds of blacktips for it, and am trying to think of reasons not to use it as my front line SHTF rifle...level 3 armor? That’s cute...

It’s got some.

Got rearsenaled in the ‘50’s, got a new barrel (H&R?) that’s a 1 at both the muzzle and throat.

It SHOOTS.

Have a few hundred rounds of blacktips for it, and am trying to think of reasons not to use it as my front line SHTF rifle...level 3 armor? That’s cute...
No doubt! It worked just fine on Germans, Japanese, and Koreans.

Gone is the time when there were individual gun designer's with revolutionary ideas who are well known and respected in the industry. Now these days you don't hear about anyone's individual contribution to a great design such as Samuel Colt, John Browning, & John Garand.....etc...

Much respect for these and the unknown great innovator's past & present who make the designs we've come to appreciate!

Great article Mike!

Last edited:
Back