In a little bind

Iwi Zion 15 or Springfield saint victor

• Zion 15

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Saint victor

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will consider the m400 I’ve also seen that tactical considerations has gave the 556 victor a positive review besides steel casings getting jammed which is what will happen with steel casing anyway if you use them. 3600 rds is a decent bit for a rifle
Dude, plenty of guys do it, but life is too short to shoot steel cased ammo. It's hard on ejectors, they get jammed up if you leave them in the chamber for a couple minutes, you can't reload them. They are made by Russians and Chinese. Just buy some quality American made brass cased stuff and you'll have no problems.

Dude, plenty of guys do it, but life is too short to shoot steel cased ammo. It's hard on ejectors, they get jammed up if you leave them in the chamber for a couple minutes, you can't reload them. They are made by Russians and Chinese. Just buy some quality American made brass cased stuff and you'll have no problems.
Right that’s what I’ll be getting is brass I personally want to stay away from all steel cases

I've built better ARs for the same prices as both. Both are quite pedestrian.

There are so many "cookie-cutter" ARs out there that they're almost indistinguishable.

My .02
Yep, the incestuousness of barrels and receivers etc make it where there really are only about 5 or 6 companies making barrels and receivers for most of the name brands.

Some have gone in house after farming out in the past, ironically enough, PSA of all people is using FN barrels last I heard, abandoning Aero Precision.

While S&W initially white labeled Stag Arms rifles in 2006-2008 before moving production in-house.

If you bought a M&P 15, Ruger 556, IWI Zion, Sig Sauer Tread, Windham Armory, and didn't pay much more than 700 bucks, you probably have a decent basic rifle that will get the job done for most and didn't break the bank.

No one should over think their first first AR that's for sure.

PSA is only using FN barrels in their premium line, but making their own barrels in the other lines.

I've been really pleased with all the products I've gotten from PSA. IMO PSA offers the best variety & value out there and are dedicated to the platform, as well as their AK lines.

I'd take a PSA over a IWI & SA AR any day.

My .02

I'd snatch that DD up if you got the scratch. You won't go wrong there. They normally run between $1900-$2100.
Exactly because I work at a gun store and they got them for $2200 that’s half the price cut off and a 12 month layaway and I think only 10% a month for payments so I believe that would be around $185 a month for payments on it for 12 months and you can also pay more if you wanted to

PSA is only using FN barrels in their premium line, but making their own barrels in the other lines.

I've been really pleased with all the products I've gotten from PSA. IMO PSA offers the best variety & value out there and are dedicated to the platform, as well as their AK lines.

I'd take a PSA over a IWI & SA AR any day.

My .02
Is psa good?

Is psa good?
I think PSA doesn't get the respect that "boutique" brands get, which in some ways you pay for the name.

They're the only outfit I know that offers regular deals & also during the holidays. Their "blems" are a steal, especially when they have blem uppers/complete rifles with the FN barrels. Their "bundle" deals are also great buys. Like I said they offer a wider variety of configurations & options than any one else out there, especially if you go to build..

Last edited:
PSA is solid, especially if you are on a budget. Nothing wrong with getting one to run hard until you figure out what more you want out of your AR, what little things you did or did not like, or feel may or may not be missing on something barebones like a PSA AR.

If you are unsure, You can get a decent BLEM PSA AR for around $480. Run it hard and see what suits you. In the grand scheme of things you won't miss the $500 and change, and you will still have a 2nd AR when you decide to buy a higher quality one later on.

Back