In a little bind

Iwi Zion 15 or Springfield saint victor

• Zion 15

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Saint victor

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PSA is solid, especially if you are on a budget. Nothing wrong with getting one to run hard until you figure out what more you want out of your AR, what little things you did or did not like, or feel may or may not be missing on something barebones like a PSA AR.

If you are unsure, You can get a decent BLEM PSA AR for around $480. Run it hard and see what suits you. In the grand scheme of things you won't miss the $500 and change, and you will still have a 2nd AR when you decide to buy a higher quality one later on.
That’s kinda why I was leaning to saint victor or Zion 15 just to get one and see what I do and don’t like I’ll look into dd because the price point for a ar like that is a definite steal but I don’t think it would be the best starter unless you just have money to throw away which I don’t really, my price range is $900 and I can get a deal for sa saint victor for $925 with vertical grip red dot and irons at my work

Is psa good?
They're as good as the builder using them is knowledgable, they are a great entry point place to learn about building, and they have higher end offerings for more sophisticated hobbyists.

Their purchase of Harrington & Richardson is particularly exciting, because they're ramping up a line of retro M16A1 style ARs, H&R were one of the OG Vietnam government contractors.

Look. Most ARs are really similar. Things like vertical grips and red dots and iron sights are relatively inexpensive and universally work on all ARs with free floating handguards.

The important stuff is the bolt carrier group, the barrel and the trigger. Although I never worry much about the trigger because you can get a real nice one for $100 and it will drop in ANY mil spec AR.

I’d just buy the best one you can afford. I personally don’t see the barrel or BCG in the Saint being much, if any, better than the Zion.

What Red Dot is on that Saint Victor ? A solid red can be had for $120. Vert grip is about $30. I don’t know what iron sights SA uses but I think they’re Chinese. Most people probably change them out. Although I personally have nothing against chi com flip ups as long as they work.

A672A056-1A95-4544-A624-CACC0B43ABAE.png

If I was in the market for one, this would be my pick, just my opinion

Look. Most ARs are really similar. Things like vertical grips and red dots and iron sights are relatively inexpensive and universally work on all ARs with free floating handguards.

The important stuff is the bolt carrier group, the barrel and the trigger. Although I never worry much about the trigger because you can get a real nice one for $100 and it will drop in ANY mil spec AR.

I’d just buy the best one you can afford. I personally don’t see the barrel or BCG in the Saint being much, if any, better than the Zion.

What Red Dot is on that Saint Victor ? A solid red can be had for $120. Vert grip is about $30. I don’t know what iron sights SA uses but I think they’re Chinese. Most people probably change them out. Although I personally have nothing against chi com flip ups as long as they work.
The victor comes with the hex dragonfly Reddot, and I can also agree with that what matters most to me is as long as it can run and take abuse and be accurate at long to close range then I think I’ll be good

The victor comes with the hex dragonfly Reddot, and I can also agree with that what matters most to me is as long as it can run and take abuse and be accurate at long to close range then I think I’ll be good

Personally I have heard too many stories about the Hex sights to trust one. Besides, isn't that a little pistol sight? I think you should be looking at something a little better. Like s Sig Romeo 5 or Holosun 510c.

I have heard about problems with the Tread, but nowhere near as many as the Saint. The fact is there are problems with all of them. Not every gun goes out of the factory in perfect shape. Every manufacturer has a few that get out sub par. Most DI guns are simple enough that the fix is going to be something simple. Unless the chamber or barrel is screwed up somehow.

I've heard alot of things, but alot of bad about Sig is not one of them lol. Definitely more issues with SA firearms than Sig firearms.

Also, the Hex optics from Springfield are garbage.
I mean I’m not much of a sig person I know that they have made good guns and are contracted with the military if I remember correctly, but I’ve heard both good and bad and that’s with every company out here I do know that since sa had launched there ar line they have fixed the problems with them could they happen to some of them they put out all over again it could

I mean I’m not much of a sig person I know that they have made good guns and are contracted with the military if I remember correctly, but I’ve heard both good and bad and that’s with every company out here I do know that since sa had launched there ar line they have fixed the problems with them could they happen to some of them they put out all over again it could
Well, it took over a year for them to correct the SA-35, which still doesn’t deter me from getting one soon, it is what it is, like it was said here all manufacturers guns have issues, just some more then others, it happens, PSA are real good guns

I've heard from a number of experienced shooters, and read much online, that one might not want to spend a large amount on their first AR. As others have said here earlier, you learn what you like (and what you don't), and can hone your preferences into the next purchase....if one is warranted. The difference between a $750 AR and a $3500 AR is very small to a novice (although significant for one with experience shooting them). My first is one many consider ""cheap" (MP15 Sport 2), but with a couple of small (but spendy) modifications, it is all I need from an AR. In fact, I've learned I'm not a big fan of the platform...glad I didn't drop $1000 on my first one. I likely won't get another.

I've heard from a number of experienced shooters, and read much online, that one might not want to spend a large amount on their first AR. As others have said here earlier, you learn what you like (and what you don't), and can hone your preferences into the next purchase....if one is warranted. The difference between a $750 AR and a $3500 AR is very small to a novice (although significant for one with experience shooting them). My first is one many consider ""cheap" (MP15 Sport 2), but with a couple of small (but spendy) modifications, it is all I need from an AR. In fact, I've learned I'm not a big fan of the platform...glad I didn't drop $1000 on my first one. I likely won't get another.
This is very true, for me a $3500 ar compared to a $900 ar I personally won’t see much of a difference because I’ve not owned one or messed around with them, but that’s why my budget is $900 because I do like ar15s I’ve had a few of my buddys let me shoot there’s and mostly what I’ve shot is the Zion because he owns a 12.5 inch barrel Zion it’s the one I’m aiming for if I can find a good deal on it if not then I’ll go with a saint victor because there both really good AR’s

This is very true, for me a $3500 ar compared to a $900 ar I personally won’t see much of a difference because I’ve not owned one or messed around with them, but that’s why my budget is $900 because I do like ar15s I’ve had a few of my buddys let me shoot there’s and mostly what I’ve shot is the Zion because he owns a 12.5 inch barrel Zion it’s the one I’m aiming for if I can find a good deal on it if not then I’ll go with a saint victor because there both really good AR’s
If you already know you like the platform I wouldn't waste money on a "Starter" gun. Get the best one you can afford.

Or do this. Buy an Aero M4E1 stripped lower. Buy a decent mil spec lower parts kit. Get one that comes without the pistol grip and trigger because those are going to be mil spec and you will change them. So far you're into it about $130. Now buy a carbine buffer kit. That's the spring and the tube and the endplate. That's another $40. Now pick you out a stock. I suggest a SOPMOD, but any of the Magpul adjustables are going to be good. That's another $40-$90 depending. Now you can either get a drop in cartridge trigger like a JMT or a mil spec type like a Hiperfire EDT for $100 or you can start with a nice PSA EPT trigger for about $40. Next get a grip ( get a grip man :) ) BCM Gunfighter or one of the new Magpul plus grips is a good one. That's another $40-ish. Now you're somewhere between $300 and $500 depending on the trigger, grip and stock you chose.

Now follow me here. This is the turning point. Assembling all this stuff. The good news is you already have most of the tools you need and me and plenty of other guys here, along with a few helpful links, possibly the one from Pew Pew Tactical and you can have a complete lower, ready to rock in less than an hour and a half. The bad news is you will need some roll pin punches and an AR wrench. That'll set you back maybe $30. Then more good news. You now have a high quality complete lower receiver you built yourself for less than $500 and you managed to pick up a new addiction.

Next you need an upper. An Aero M4E1 upper is about $400. And BAM, now you have a high quality AR-15 for about $900. Add a Romeo 5 and you're in business. You can shave off a few bucks if you need too by sticking with a lower parts kit that comes with the trigger, stock and pistol grip. And you can change those out later. The last one I built I bought a PSA EPT lower kit that came with the B5 SOPMOD stock, B5 P23 grip and PSA EPT trigger and I think it was around $200. 10MM might remember the exact price as he bought the same one, the same day.

You could also get a decent ( Complete) upper from PSA or BCA in the $200-$250 range if you want to shave some of the cost. But personally I think the Aero for $400 is a hell of a nice upper at a perfectly reasonable cost.

Back