testtest

Is liberty safe with Liberty Safe?

And the update at the bottom and statement from Liberty Safe states they only gave the passcode after being given proof of the warrant.

The more disturbing thing is that the safes are built with an “Admin” passcode in the first place.
The admin code was what I figured Liberty gave them. Which likely means the government now has it for all Liberty safes. But then again, shouldn't it be NOYFBCB (none of your f***ing business commie b***ard)?

Govt can access anything they want with the proper warrants.
Just how big of a mess is the final outcome.
They can get into your smart phone, bank accounts, daily life and your trash.
There should be 10000 hoops to do so, but seems like they only go thru 2 hoops

The admin code was what I figured Liberty gave them. Which likely means the government now has it for all Liberty safes. But then again, shouldn't it be NOYFBCB (none of your f***ing business commie b***ard)?
I doubt there’s one “master code” that works on all safes; more likely they run the s/n of the safe and get the code for the individual lock.

And do you understand how warrants work? If they have one, signed by a judge, they HAVE to give the information. Don’t like it? Change the law in the face of a couple hundred years’ precedent…

my take is they had due process, a warrant was created, a judge signed off and liberty verified said warrant and serial number
we need more details on said person that owns the safe. why was law enforcement needing inside? why did they have a warrant to search his house and other property?
there is, i imagine a whole bushel basket of facts we are not privy to at this time

I remember several folks were mad at Apple a few years ago when they wouldn’t help LE. How times change

p2323639-youtube-thumbnail-208354011.jpg

I doubt there’s one “master code” that works on all safes; more likely they run the s/n of the safe and get the code for the individual lock.

And do you understand how warrants work? If they have one, signed by a judge, they HAVE to give the information. Don’t like it? Change the law in the face of a couple hundred years’ precedent…
Doubtless you also understand how subpoenas work, as well. When issued to an ally of the Democrat party they are ignored and stonewalled. It's not the legal process people have problems with, it the politics and dual system of justice. This is just another example of the abuse of power the current Marxist administration is guilty of.

I doubt there is one master code.

There's something to be said for cheaper safes, like Winchester, etc. that have replaceable E-locks.
Of course any safe with a keyed lock under the E pad, all they need is a copy of the key.

One thing I'd like to know. So they track down some idiot who acted like an idiot at the capitol. Why does that give them the right to steal the man's guns ?

It's a little more than ironic that a guy can set a fire, killing a person during a George Floyd riot and a federal prosecutor basically gives him a pass. He gets 10 years, but some proud boy dude who never entered the capitol building, never instructed anyone to enter the building, wasn't armed and didn't hurt or kill anyone gets 17 years ?

Liberty isn’t the only manufacturer that can access products. Several lock companies have numbers that allows keys to be cut. Also Never been a Ford guy but supposedly with a vin # and the store the vehicle was purchased can’t they make a replacement key and or FOB?

They have to have a search warrant for it…they don’t just get it for the asking. As for the other part—hey, blame the Republican congress & White House that passed the “Patriot Act” 20+ years ago that allows it.

If they have a warrant—they’re gonna get in one way or another. This just keeps your safe in one piece.
Actually Hans, the 'Patriot Act was passed by the Senate 98-1, and 357-66 in the House. In the house vote it was 211 of 214 Republicans in favor, and 145 of 207 Democrats in favor, and 1 ea for 2 Independents. Agree a little heavier on the Republican's side in the house, but hard to say "blame it on Republicans" don't you think?

Either way it's looked at it's a hell of a bad piece of legislation for this country. Sorta goes against everything our constitution stands for, especially now after seeing how bad it's been abused by some. I recently read or heard some number in the 100's of 1,000's (maybe more) of Americans have been spied on when it was supposed to have been mainly for suspected terrorists or Americans who were pinpointed in terrorist conversations. Even accounts of the FISA court being lied to in order to get around it. I realize it was intended to be a good thing, but like most legislation passed in the heat of the moment (just a short time after 911) there is always the rule of unintended consequences. It literally tore down most protections afforded American citizens in the 14th amendment.

I guess in any legislation can be some good, but when the bad over rides the good, is it really GOOD? I'm all in favor of ID'ing real terrorists, but I've got to believe there is a better way than this. At least I'd like to think there is.

It seems to me that anybody with Alexa in their home is way beyond any of this! Or nor covering that little camera on the inside of your laptop lid with masking tape. Hell, I don't even like the idea of phone answering machines.

All of this high tech electronic stuff scares hell out of me ... I still have a hard time just spelling 'IBM'!

It seems to me that anybody with Alexa in their home is way beyond any of this! Or nor covering that little camera on the inside of your laptop lid with masking tape. Hell, I don't even like the idea of phone answering machines.

All of this high tech electronic stuff scares hell out of me ... I still have a hard time just spelling 'IBM'!
Ah.........I..........B.......M...see.....lol

Back