testtest

When it comes down to it, what is your "go to" EDC?

I know some frown on "rotating guns," but I didn't buy small buy carry sized guns designed for EDC just to keep them sitting at home. I feel that I can hold my own with each of them.
  • Hellcat micro w/o reload = Pocket Carry or Deep Concealment.
  • Kahr K40 and Shield 45 Performance w/ two 7 round reloads = Both conceal and fit my hand well (K40 a little better), I shoot both well, they have the same capacity, so I rotate between both.
  • 2.5" S&W 686+ w/ 7 round speed loader = Because I love revolvers and don't feel at a disadvantage at all with 7 + 7 rounds 357.
  • Beretta APX Compact w/ 21 round reload = Increased risk and/or highly populated go to. I just feel most confident shooting this gun, most confident in working on, and I spent well over $1k in multiples of spare and replacement parts of every spring, firing pins, triggers, extractors, you name it... I want to keep it running even if Beretta discontinue and no longer offers a warranty on it. It's my SHTF gun that I have 3 of.
I've been coming back to over the years has been a Kahr. One point it was a K9 for a couple of years, and then the K40 on and off on and off. I keep coming back to it. The K40 is actually smaller than the K9 FYI.
Nothing wrong with a little rotation. Weather, clothes you will be wearing, intended location/event can all impact my carry.

Hellcat Pro, Glock 17 or A Kimber Custom 2 1911 in 45.

I tend to go with the Hellcat or the Kimber more often, just because the Hellcat is easier to carry, and I just really like the Kimber and i am more accurate it with it...because it's a 1911.

The G17 is a good gun and I am good with it, and it's similar to my duty weapon , a G45. So I try to make myself carry it more, but often times, I don't

Yes. Life’s too short to carry an ugly gun.
For a good portion of my working life I carried a company or government issued gun.

I had no say in what I carried. They issued me a weapon and I worked with it.

The Army and both security companies issued me the equipment they wanted me to carry and I wasn't allowed very much deviation at all.

I think that had a lot to do with shaping my attitude towards carrying a gun.

I think dealing with client employees talking smack about the fact that I was carrying a gun had a lot to do with my concept that it's more of a pain in the ass that I carry of necessity rather than desire.

I carry a Glock because Glocks work. I carried that Glock at work for several years.

I don't care if it's pretty.

If you carry a gun on a duty belt for any length of time it gets beat up. It gets beat up getting in the car. It gets beat up getting out of the car. It gets beat up rubbing against the center console all night while you're driving around. It gets beat up when you step to the side to let a client employee go through a door and you hit the door frame with your gun. It gets beat up when you slip on the ice and land on it (so do you).

It doesn't take very long at all for the aesthetic aspect of carrying a gun to wear completely off.

This has nothing to do with what I just said but I went to an "Dance Fitness" class at the VA yesterday. It's a solid hour of cardio exercise and it stretches out my legs.

Anyway, once dance class was over and I was walking back to my car I all of a sudden panicked because I realized I didn't have my gun on my hip and I was freaking out wondering where I left it.

Then I remember that I was at the VA and I wasn't supposed to have a gun on my hip.

hk45c-3ttt.jpg

For a good portion of my working life I carried a company or government issued gun.

I had no say in what I carried. They issued me a weapon and I worked with it.

The Army and both security companies issued me the equipment they wanted me to carry and I wasn't allowed very much deviation at all.

I think that had a lot to do with shaping my attitude towards carrying a gun.

I think dealing with client employees talking smack about the fact that I was carrying a gun had a lot to do with my concept that it's more of a pain in the ass that I carry of necessity rather than desire.

I carry a Glock because Glocks work. I carried that Glock at work for several years.

I don't care if it's pretty.

If you carry a gun on a duty belt for any length of time it gets beat up. It gets beat up getting in the car. It gets beat up getting out of the car. It gets beat up rubbing against the center console all night while you're driving around. It gets beat up when you step to the side to let a client employee go through a door and you hit the door frame with your gun. It gets beat up when you slip on the ice and land on it (so do you).

It doesn't take very long at all for the aesthetic aspect of carrying a gun to wear completely off.

This has nothing to do with what I just said but I went to an "Dance Fitness" class at the VA yesterday. It's a solid hour of cardio exercise and it stretches out my legs.

Anyway, once dance class was over and I was walking back to my car I all of a sudden panicked because I realized I didn't have my gun on my hip and I was freaking out wondering where I left Then I remember that I was at the VA and I wasn't supposed to have a gun on my hip.
I am kind of feeling the exact opposite. Now I will say I am not in any way saying that you are wrong. I am just saying I have a different response to a similar experience.
I am on my second Glock duty weapon. It's what they issue and it's all we're allowed to carry.

However, I pretty much don't carry a Glock off duty because I am stuck carrying that soulless piece of plastic at least 8 hours a day.

I pretty much carry everywhere I go, so off duty I want to carry something different. Something with style. Heck, something that works BETTER.

Yes, Glocks work. They are reliable.

But there are plenty of other guns on the market that also do. Heck, I still see a lot of Sherrif's and such carrying 1911s. I would much rather have my metal 1911 on my hip, or for deeper concealment, I think My Hellcat Pro is a better choice than anything Glock makes.

But, again, this is just me. If the Glock works for you, awesome. That's what makes freedom and capitalism great
We have that choice

Iv been edc a Sig 365 XMacro for the last few months after adding some TruGlo Tritium sights to it, just picked up a brand new Springfield Garrison 1911 in 9mm yesterday as my new everyday carry cause something about it was just appealing to me and plus adding another beautiful 1911 to the collection never hurts lol, I'm loving the Garrison so far seems pretty flawless from what iv seen and felt, unless it's just something that's gonna show its self later that I haven't found, does anyone know exactly what size sights fit the Garrison? I'm wanting to put TruGlo tritium sights on it but lord there's so many different sizes idk which one to get and I haven't found a solid answer yet anywhere on Google.

I put night sights on my blued 9mm and my stainless .45 Garrison pistols and my .45 Ronin Commander. All of them take a night sight which evidently is proprietary to Springfield. The dovetails are not common in the 1911 field of pistols.

You might have some luck with the after market but I read reviews of some owners who received sights from the aftermarket which were incorrect for the dovetails. Some aftermarket sight vendors will re-mill the slide to a more common dovetail dimension.

If you just purchased the pistol you might have received a discount "coupon" from SA which could be used to purchase night sights directly from SA. Good luck.

Iv been edc a Sig 365 XMacro for the last few months after adding some TruGlo Tritium sights to it, just picked up a brand new Springfield Garrison 1911 in 9mm yesterday as my new everyday carry cause something about it was just appealing to me and plus adding another beautiful 1911 to the collection never hurts lol, I'm loving the Garrison so far seems pretty flawless from what iv seen and felt, unless it's just something that's gonna show its self later that I haven't found, does anyone know exactly what size sights fit the Garrison? I'm wanting to put TruGlo tritium sights on it but lord there's so many different sizes idk which one to get and I haven't found a solid answer yet anywhere on Google.
Punctuation and paragraph spacing are a thing bro.

Back