testtest

1911 for Home Defense — The Best Choice?

6-9 intruders and one would be hard pressed to get more than 2-3 if they pressed the attack.
I would asses that when shot are fired by a homeowner in a home invasion that two things could happen:
- perps flee even if its 6-9 as they prob dont want to get shot
-perps shoot back, but still flee
When shots are fired , the gig is up, so intruders beat feet. No sense of a robbery now that the whole world knows the cops are coming.

A 10 round micro compact, 8 round .45 or 6 round revolver will all get the job done.

If I feel I need 30 rounds of anything, it would be an SBR, as my AR-15’s are unwieldy in cqb and I go for short
If you've got 2-6 armed invaders you're probably going be in some deep poop.

Most writers in Handloader & Rifle magazines, and David M. Fortier.

Those that do stupid action/mall ninja figure poses are ignored instantly.
Agree with you about the Handloader and Rifle magazine writers. They are all technically excellent about the guns and ammo; many are also experts on hunting; some even know some things about some forms of competition. I can't think of any of them who writes with any authority on tactics, law enforcement, or combat/gunfighting.

I haven't seen the David M. Fortier name in some years but I used to have a lot of respect for it. He did some good stuff.

As to your
action/mall ninja figure poses
comment, it's hard to think of any gunwriter who hasn't done them at some point, including ALL the highly respected names of the past. I have whole books that are largely exactly that. The only one I can think of I've never seen an "action shot" of is the late great Mel Tappan. I've never seen ANY photo of him, and there are readers who would probably be surprised to learn he was in a wheelchair. :oops:

Agree with you about the Handloader and Rifle magazine writers. They are all technically excellent about the guns and ammo; many are also experts on hunting; some even know some things about some forms of competition. I can't think of any of them who writes with any authority on tactics, law enforcement, or combat/gunfighting.

I haven't seen the David M. Fortier name in some years but I used to have a lot of respect for it. He did some good stuff.

As to your

comment, it's hard to think of any gunwriter who hasn't done them at some point, including ALL the highly respected names of the past. I have whole books that are largely exactly that. The only one I can think of I've never seen an "action shot" of is the late great Mel Tappan. I've never seen ANY photo of him, and there are readers who would probably be surprised to learn he was in a wheelchair. :oops:
Fortier writes for Firearms News.

Here's an example of a Ninja pose.

1703996007558.png

How on Earth will any of us know what will happen, when it happens? Prepare for the worst. Every situation will be different than what you think will occur. 2-3 shots is "likely" to end it...but how would you know? I'm not willing to bet my life on FBI stats. I don't think the FBI is anything but a partisan entity anyway.

I'll maintain my home defense with more rounds available than I might possibly need...regardless of FBI statistics.

How on Earth will any of us know what will happen, when it happens? Prepare for the worst. Every situation will be different than what you think will occur. 2-3 shots is "likely" to end it...but how would you know? I'm not willing to bet my life on FBI stats. I don't think the FBI is anything but a partisan entity anyway.

I'll maintain my home defense with more rounds available than I might possibly need...regardless of FBI statistics.
I think you're are correct, none of us know how for sure how we're going to react to a poop hits the fan situation. Being a great marksman with the best blaster is great but pre-planning for what if situations is probably a good idea. I'm not a professional trainer so I won't give advice.

Fortier writes for Firearms News.

Here's an example of a Ninja pose.

View attachment 49741
Yah, I remember Fortier now. He's still very active in FN, and he's excellent at what he does, which is mainly cover every conceivable aspect of ARs and all the latest bling and candy for them. I don't read him much lately because I'm not that interested in his area of expertise. I have all the ARs I want (mainly retro stuff) and I can't afford, don't want, and have no real use for all the "bling-bling-pimp-stick" stuff (to use I term I copped from ARFCOM about 20 years ago) he writes about. If that's your thing, he seems VERY competent and I have no reason to doubt anything he says.

I know what you mean about Dr. Dabbs, whom you show here. He's an unashamed Fanboy of All Things Gun--at least all things from the age of smokeless powder--and so am I. Like many/most of us, he grew up falling in love with guns from TV and the movies of his youth, and he's not ashamed to admit to being a Grown Up Man-Boy Gun Nerd With Money. He loves dressing up in period costumes and uniforms and accessories and whatever he doesn't already own outright, he has the connections to borrow. Truth to tell, he is living my own Fantasy Life.

There's a lot more I want to say about Dr. Dabbs, but it's late and I gotta get up early tomorrow for Church. I'll try to pick this up tomorrow. I think you know I'm good for it. ;)

The likelihood of 5-7 home intruders invading your home are pretty damn slim unless you are high profile for some reason or it is well known or advertised that you have something that someone important wants. Or you live in the ghetto, but even then....

Nevertheless, the best thing you can do is do everything you can to discourage someone from trying and make sure that in the event someone does you have as much time as possible to react and you have an effective plan of action in place. This is the part where I would go into the minutae of having a safe room where you can make a stand and all the things that make your home a hardened target, but we've been over all that stuff a million times here. In the end, if a home invasion occurs, time is your friend.

The likelihood of 5-7 home intruders invading your home are pretty damn slim unless you are high profile for some reason or it is well known or advertised that you have something that someone important wants. Or you live in the ghetto, but even then....
this is true even out my way...business owners usually of any of the Asian culture are high targets. as they don't always report crimes to the police.

then any of the Spanish culture, as they too are up and coming business owners.

gang activity like drugs, drug making, drug money, warrant multi-perp invaders.

the "most" i have read or seen on the news locally is 1 to 3, with one being the "look out" or getaway driver.

IMO the only thing you can prepare for in a gunfight is how you will handle your firearm.

you wont know any other parameters till it happens.

I know I can shoot. I know I can hit moving targets, even if I am moving. I know how to clear a firearm under duress and I know how to run away.

Everything else i have no F’ing clue till when it happens.

Yah, I remember Fortier now. He's still very active in FN, and he's excellent at what he does, which is mainly cover every conceivable aspect of ARs and all the latest bling and candy for them. I don't read him much lately because I'm not that interested in his area of expertise. I have all the ARs I want (mainly retro stuff) and I can't afford, don't want, and have no real use for all the "bling-bling-pimp-stick" stuff (to use I term I copped from ARFCOM about 20 years ago) he writes about. If that's your thing, he seems VERY competent and I have no reason to doubt anything he says.

I know what you mean about Dr. Dabbs, whom you show here. He's an unashamed Fanboy of All Things Gun--at least all things from the age of smokeless powder--and so am I. Like many/most of us, he grew up falling in love with guns from TV and the movies of his youth, and he's not ashamed to admit to being a Grown Up Man-Boy Gun Nerd With Money. He loves dressing up in period costumes and uniforms and accessories and whatever he doesn't already own outright, he has the connections to borrow. Truth to tell, he is living my own Fantasy Life.

There's a lot more I want to say about Dr. Dabbs, but it's late and I gotta get up early tomorrow for Church. I'll try to pick this up tomorrow. I think you know I'm good for it. ;)
Patrick Sweeny is OK too.

Back