testtest

1911 for Home Defense — The Best Choice?

I keep my 15+1 P365 next to my pillow, plus an AK-47 (Zastava ZPAP M70 with a 30-round mag) at hand.

Love my 10mm 1911, but it just doesn't have the capacity for an assault I hear about with 6-9 mauraders on a home invasion.

The 16" barrel and short OAL of the AK vs. my AR seems better for my HD. JIMO.
6-9 intruders and one would be hard pressed to get more than 2-3 if they pressed the attack.
I would asses that when shot are fired by a homeowner in a home invasion that two things could happen:
- perps flee even if its 6-9 as they prob dont want to get shot
-perps shoot back, but still flee
When shots are fired , the gig is up, so intruders beat feet. No sense of a robbery now that the whole world knows the cops are coming.

A 10 round micro compact, 8 round .45 or 6 round revolver will all get the job done.

If I feel I need 30 rounds of anything, it would be an SBR, as my AR-15’s are unwieldy in cqb and I go for short

and here comes out Mr. Webster again...........

you could have just said..."double talk"....instead....that damned Mr. Websters book is fooking heavy
1. I can't help myself. You know I am a recovering book editor/tech writer/word naxi. ;)

2. I'll bet SOMEBODY here learned a new word today. And, as my Late Great Old Dad used to say, "You learn something new every day, if you're not careful." ;):LOL:

6-9 intruders and one would be hard pressed to get more than 2-3 if they pressed the attack.
I would asses that when shot are fired by a homeowner in a home invasion that two things could happen:
- perps flee even if its 6-9 as they prob dont want to get shot
-perps shoot back, but still flee
When shots are fired , the gig is up, so intruders beat feet. No sense of a robbery now that the whole world knows the cops are coming.

A 10 round micro compact, 8 round .45 or 6 round revolver will all get the job done.

If I feel I need 30 rounds of anything, it would be an SBR, as my AR-15’s are unwieldy in cqb and I go for short
EXCELLENT analysis/logic/reasoning. (y)

Was it Clint Smith who said "The main reason for a pistol is so you can fight your way to your rifle"? (Mine, for reasons discussed in another thread, is my beloved USGI M1 Carbine.) ;)

1. I can't help myself. You know I am a recovering book editor/tech writer/word naxi. ;)

2. I'll bet SOMEBODY here learned a new word today. And, as my Late Great Old Dad used to say, "You learn something new every day, if you're not careful." ;):LOL:
you wanna know what i "learnt" today..??

that to lift that damned Mr. Websters one had better not be wearing his mankini, otherwise all hell falls out when bending over to pick it up off the coffee table......

1703949998329.png

98% of gun writers are not journalists, but hobbyists who think they are.

I only pay attention to ~5-6 gun writers because those know what they're talking about, and do thorough evaluations of the item that they're writing about.
So true. Just out of curiosity, who are those 5-6 who know what they're talking about? Just interested to see if they're the same as my list. ;)

What gets me is, Dr. Dabbs is NOT an uneducated writer, but as with other "gun writers" some of his opines, especially more recently just seem to be , for lack of a better description FLUFF, no real substance, just a repeat of the usual stuff. And by this I mean ANOTHER recap of the 1911s history, or a review of some other major types history.
Jeebus Doc, EVERYONE more or less has access to the INTERWEBZ, address the subject at hand.........
I swear even the decent gun writers seem to be getting paid by the word

Back