testtest

Favorite Boots

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
What is your favorite brand of boots and why do you like them.

I typically wear Wolverine or Chippewa 6in work boots for my job in construction. I find these two brands to be the most comfortable to wear for a long days work after trying many brands the past 20 years.

Outside of work I'll wear sketchers for regular wear, Hi-tec or Solomon in the woods or Mark Nason for something a little more dressy.

What's your favorite boots?

Actual pic of 10mm’s boots.......
1586646933105.jpeg

OMG. Not an answer but my wife was in my area and saw @Annihilator pic.

Wife: What the hell is that?
Me: Clown shoes?
Wife: Is that the forum?
Me: yes
Wife: Is that the gun forum?
Me: Yes. It's the only forum I am on.
Wife: I'm confused
Me: You're not the only one. If you are new to the forum, you will have the same reaction. If you have been here since the beginning, you would understand,
Wife: I don't think so.

OMG. Not an answer but my wife was in my area and saw @Annihilator pic.

Wife: What the hell is that?
Me: Clown shoes?
Wife: Is that the forum?
Me: yes
Wife: Is that the gun forum?
Me: Yes. It's the only forum I am on.
Wife: I'm confused
Me: You're not the only one. If you are new to the forum, you will have the same reaction. If you have been here since the beginning, you would understand,
Wife: I don't think so.
OMG.....that's a freaking riot! 🤣🤣🤣

Just bought a pair of Red Wing Heritage Series Blacksmith boots (https://www.redwingheritage.com/men.../blacksmith-03345.html?cgid=mens-6-inch-boots). Decided it was a better buy to spend a little extra to get these, and then get them resoled every few years through Red Wing. I'll end up spending less than buy all new ones each time, and will have an awesome set of boots that will get better with age. Couldn't be happier with them!

Just bought a pair of Red Wing Heritage Series Blacksmith boots (https://www.redwingheritage.com/men.../blacksmith-03345.html?cgid=mens-6-inch-boots). Decided it was a better buy to spend a little extra to get these, and then get them resoled every few years through Red Wing. I'll end up spending less than buy all new ones each time, and will have an awesome set of boots that will get better with age. Couldn't be happier with them!
That's a really good looking boot I really like the copper option.

Working in construction and being a GC I usually buy a new pair roughly every six months because the leather will get destroyed from debris, concrete, or cut up from steel so resoling isn't really much of an option for me.

Last edited:
Back