testtest

Know Your Gun’s Carry Condition

The fact is, the “Conditions” as written by Col. Cooper only apply to 1911’s and other SAO, hammer fired semi-auto pistols such as the High Power, etc.

A striker fired pistol really can’t be “Condition zero” in the holster, since the trigger widget safety is active. Condition 1 isn’t an option...nor are the hammer down conditions.

Most striker fired pistols have two options—chambered and ready to go with the press of a trigger, and empty chamber. A few have manual safeties, but not many.

Perhaps a new terminology is needed.

The fact is, the “Conditions” as written by Col. Cooper only apply to 1911’s and other SAO, hammer fired semi-auto pistols such as the High Power, etc.

A striker fired pistol really can’t be “Condition zero” in the holster, since the trigger widget safety is active. Condition 1 isn’t an option...nor are the hammer down conditions.

Most striker fired pistols have two options—chambered and ready to go with the press of a trigger, and empty chamber. A few have manual safeties, but not many.

Perhaps a new terminology is needed.

I'll still go with my Glock at condition Zero.... all that is needed to fire is pull the trigger.
Strikers can also have the mag removed. But, I shall not argue....

Except mine has the hammer forward with the SFS. Releasing the safety causes the hammer to spring
back and good to go.
That’s a neat kit and there are more ways or (conditions in this case) to carry that will suit everybody. Some people don’t feel safe enough to carry condition 1, (I’m not speaking of you), some people feel they can carry condition 4 and load a magazine rack their slide and get on target when a threat presents itself, and may be able to do it. It is what you feel comfortable doing and how you train for how you carry.

I disagree. I guess it's how you train with it though. Maybe that's why when I leave the house my wife accuses me of " Going off half cocked". :)
My wife stopped saying that to me because whenever she said it I would ask her if she heard about the boy that was born without any eyelids. The parents were really upset, as would be expected, but the doctor told them not to worry. He told them that when the baby was circumcised they would use the foreskin to make him some eyelids. As the story goes, the young fella is doing well these days, he's just a little cockeyed.

Back