testtest

How Many Magazines Are Too Many?

First I want to clarify that I'm not specifically talking about AR magazines. I only use them as an example is because that's what Tamara Keel said she was buying. I also need to point out that in the article that she even claimed that it was an OCD thing brought on by the Assault Weapons Ban of 94.

I'm hearing a lot of people state what their minimum would be.

How many are too many.

At what point do you feel like you're wasting money?
I never feel like I’m wasting money. And I’m embarrassed to tell you how many 30 rd P Mags I have. It’s a F’ing lot. I only have 5 loaded and 2 of those are coupled. Even if I never use them I can drive across the river to Illinois and sell them all at double what I paid for them or more.

I’m a little surprised at the “ More than 2 is too many for handguns comment”. Frankly any less than 10 makes me very uncomfortable. The last gun I bought was about a month ago. It came with two mags. I now have 6 and after I get paid tomorrow that number will be ten. Generally with handguns I’ll keep 3 loaded for carry and 3 I’ll leave handy for training or range time. The rest will have been ran on one range trip to insure function and then they will be put into storage. I have never needed to change a mag spring. A couple old mags were causing hang ups so I traded them in at Ed Brown for new 8 rd. mags.

Ahh, this is my kind of thread.........

For handguns, my minimum is 5 magazines, usually more though.

For rifles, my minimum is 10. And I have lost count of the number of AR and AK magazines I have. I don't discriminate in capacity either, I love 20 rounders for both, but I also have a few with extended floor plates for +5, as well as "extra" capacity 60, and 75 round magazines.

And yes I have more than a few new in the wrapper AR magazines socked away, more for resale purposes in case of another Klinton type Crime Bill. But.....if they wind up getting used, so be it......

There's no such thing as too many......

For handguns, 8. For rifles, 5. I am an OEM proponent, however, with the increase in prices, I am leaning towards going with a generic brand. Any recommendations on which ones and where for XD9 subcompact and Hellcat Pro OSP? I missed out on the Gear Up offer when I purchased my Hellcat.

For handguns, 8. For rifles, 5. I am an OEM proponent, however, with the increase in prices, I am leaning towards going with a generic brand. Any recommendations on which ones and where for XD9 subcompact and Hellcat Pro OSP? I missed out on the Gear Up offer when I purchased my Hellcat.
Bro, stick with OEM. Life is too short.

Whatever you do NEVER use any Pro Mag garbage. MecGar is good.

Bro, stick with OEM. Life is too short.

Whatever you do NEVER use any Pro Mag garbage. MecGar is good.
Yup, mecgar have never failed me and seems to be the manufacturer for sig mags. Most oem mags are not the price I want to pay when getting 10-30 mags for 1 fitment, but sometimes they are the only way to go for best function and less to zero failures. Especially for + mag capacities on metal mags! Promag for glock and magnum research is junk, prue and simple! However, Korean made is better than Chinese made in my experience on 50rnd g17 compatible mags and 30rnd g20 compatible mags. KV mags are terrible in 9mm and 45acp! The followers get stuck/cocked and fail to feed after 5 rounds from their stick mags.

I have promag in AR mags that have been fine, but not so much luck in pistol
I've really never felt the need or desire to test out other AR mags. With my first AR, it came with an Amend 2 mag. So not knowing any better I bought ten more. Of the ten only 4 would drop free from the mag well on their own and none would hold the bolt back after the last round. So I bought 10 gen 2 P mags and gave the Amend 2 mags to my son in law. I have bought nothing but gen 2 P mags since.

I've really never felt the need or desire to test out other AR mags. With my first AR, it came with an Amend 2 mag. So not knowing any better I bought ten more. Of the ten only 4 would drop free from the mag well on their own and none would hold the bolt back after the last round. So I bought 10 gen 2 P mags and gave the Amend 2 mags to my son in law. I have bought nothing but gen 2 P mags since.
I have hexmag for 260rem as not to confuse with others. Stang mags for 243. M118LR mags for 308win and non m118 for 6.5creed. Try to color match to the lower so know what it's for. Kinda do the same for 15's.

If you shoot competition and are routinely “dropping” magazines for speed loading, then you’ll obviously need more than someone who takes care of mags and doesn’t routinely get them damaged, I don’t shoot competitively anymore. I’ve got 3 -5 for all my pistols and a couple for my rifles. Folks buying dozens of magazine would imho be far better served buying ammo and learning to use the firearms they already own🙄

If you shoot competition and are routinely “dropping” magazines for speed loading, then you’ll obviously need more than someone who takes care of mags and doesn’t routinely get them damaged, I don’t shoot competitively anymore. I’ve got 3 -5 for all my pistols and a couple for my rifles. Folks buying dozens of magazine would imho be far better served buying ammo and learning to use the firearms they already own🙄
Some of us have embarrassing amounts of ammo, train relentlessly and know how to use the firearms we already own AND still like to have plenty of magazines around. Nobody needs to tell me what I need to spend my money on.

It always kills me when for instance you have a conversation about what caliber is best and the patented answer is, " It's all about shot placement", as if that isn't a given. Or a conversation about high capacity mags and inevitably at least one person makes the comment, " If you learn to hit what you're shooting at you don't need 15 rounds", as if the two are mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying this is what you're doing, but making the assumption that people who have 400 P mags should spend more money on ammo and training classes is ridiculous since you don't know how much ammo or training that person already has. Some people spend their money on high end scotch. Or coke and hookers. I like guns, knives, accessories, guitars, amps and vintage razors. It's my money, I can do whatever I want with it.

Some of us have embarrassing amounts of ammo, train relentlessly and know how to use the firearms we already own AND still like to have plenty of magazines around. Nobody needs to tell me what I need to spend my money on.

It always kills me when for instance you have a conversation about what caliber is best and the patented answer is, " It's all about shot placement", as if that isn't a given. Or a conversation about high capacity mags and inevitably at least one person makes the comment, " If you learn to hit what you're shooting at you don't need 15 rounds", as if the two are mutually exclusive.

I'm not saying this is what you're doing, but making the assumption that people who have 400 P mags should spend more money on ammo and training classes is ridiculous since you don't know how much ammo or training that person already has. Some people spend their money on high end scotch. Or coke and hookers. I like guns, knives, accessories, guitars, amps and vintage razors. It's my money, I can do whatever I want with it.
Hallelujah !!

As you say, it’s their money. I just can’t conceive why but if that makes ‘em feel warm and fuzzy so be it. The only time I’ve damaged mags was when I was shooting competition and dropping them. Occasionally you’d see feed lips get buggered.

I just can’t conceive why but if that makes ‘em feel warm and fuzzy so be it
Actually i'm kinda cool, had a big bowl of ice cream. lol you'd be ashamed of me, i have a slew of AR15 AR10, and other models still in the packages. Even have drums still in boxes. i will sell you one when you can't buy them anymore. 😁 But i will be like cheaper than dirt, they will be expensive when the time comes. :ROFLMAO:

Back