testtest

Why Own a Silencer?

Good article Mike, I have gave it thought, but to me, it’s not worth the hassle right now.
I said the same to an apprentice gunsmith & he was of the opinion that I should do it, to show the government I was interested enough to go through the hassle & expense. He thought if more people did this, pro gun legislators would see the increased statistics & know people were really interested in suppressors even going through the hassle & $$$. He thought it would then stand a better chance of legislators passing the laws necessary to eliminate the current process of obtaining one.

Anyone who can pass a federal background check can apply for a tax stamp to make your own suppressor the legal way and the wait time is roughly a month or so going this route.

It's pretty cheap to manufacture you're own suppressor but I strongly advise that if you are contemplating this to do your research and do it legally.

Anyone who can pass a federal background check can apply for a tax stamp to make your own suppressor the legal way and the wait time is roughly a month or so going this route.

It's pretty cheap to manufacture you're own suppressor but I strongly advise that if you are contemplating this to do your research and do it legally.
I JUST POST THIS LINK BECAUSE IT DRIVES THE DEMOCRATS FEDS NUTS!
https://www.lafoauto.com/

I JUST POST THIS LINK BECAUSE IT DRIVES THE DEMOCRATS FEDS NUTS!
https://www.lafoauto.com/
I know of a LGS in NH who uses those solvent traps as a platform to modify and sell them as a legal suppressor for around $150.00

Just to clear the air if anything I said could be taken out of context by anyone here:
The link provided was good for people wanting to build one legally and I was not implying anyone here was trying to circumvent the law in anyway in this thread.

I myself may go through the process to make my own soon while I'm still waiting for my Rugged Razor to be approved and the solvent trap makes it a lot easier to do this.

Good link! 😁👍

Last edited:
Before I drive off into my post. I think this is a good article. Also, I think if you want one and your not a criminal, you should be able to own one. I have a friend that has one. However... I honestly just don't have an interest in a suppressor. They add weight to your pistol, and or rifle. And for a pistol you can't reasonably carry it. (concealed) The hearing reduction is great if you plan on shooting your gun in your house, and the suppressor is on a home defense gun. But... If you go to the range often, you may have a suppressor, but no one else at the range does. So, there is no reduction in decibels from everyone else's AR's, shotguns, and pistols. The best defense to hearing damage is quality hearing protection.
As far as recoil reduction, a quality muzzle brake reduces recoil up to 40%. And I personally never had an issue with follow up shots.
The going rate for a 9mm suppressor is around $580.00. And $629.30 after tax. Add a $200.00 tax stamp. And a few months waiting on approval. That's $829.30, and a lengthy wait. I can't see spending this much, on a device that doesn't seem to be worth the benefit. Just my opinion.

Before I drive off into my post. I think this is a good article. Also, I think if you want one and your not a criminal, you should be able to own one. I have a friend that has one. However... I honestly just don't have an interest in a suppressor. They add weight to your pistol, and or rifle. And for a pistol you can't reasonably carry it. (concealed) The hearing reduction is great if you plan on shooting your gun in your house, and the suppressor is on a home defense gun. But... If you go to the range often, you may have a suppressor, but no one else at the range does. So, there is no reduction in decibels from everyone else's AR's, shotguns, and pistols. The best defense to hearing damage is quality hearing protection.
As far as recoil reduction, a quality muzzle brake reduces recoil up to 40%. And I personally never had an issue with follow up shots.
The going rate for a 9mm suppressor is around $580.00. And $629.30 after tax. Add a $200.00 tax stamp. And a few months waiting on approval. That's $829.30, and a lengthy wait. I can't see spending this much, on a device that doesn't seem to be worth the benefit. Just my opinion.

NO STAMP, NO BIG MONEY WASTED, NO WAIT, BUT A BIG RISK IF YOU GET CAUGHT WITH ONE! https://www.lafoauto.com/

Why have one? Makes no sense. If there is a risk of getting in trouble why would anyone buy one?
And as with suppressors, added weight and can't conceal carry your pistol. 👎
They should be like any firearm and if you can own a firearm you should be able to own one Suppressors are not so silent

Why have one? Makes no sense. If there is a risk of getting in trouble why would anyone buy one?
And as with suppressors, added weight and can't conceal carry your pistol. 👎
There's no risk to own a solvent trap it's only a risk if you convert one into a suppressor or mount it to a firearm.

Suppressor's are just like everything firearms related there's people who love certain accessories and people who can do without.

Back