testtest

Romeo zero on a Hellcat

ShaunR

Alpha
Is there anyone here that has mounted a Romeo zero on a Hellcat yet? The two sets of screws Sig sent are both a little long. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong.
thanks,
Shaun

Is there anyone here that has mounted a Romeo zero on a Hellcat yet? The two sets of screws Sig sent are both a little long. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong.
thanks,
Shaun
Use a toothpick or something similar to measure the length needed. Then go to a hardware store with the long screw and you measurements and see if you can find a replacement.

So I take it the Romeo Zero is another option for the Hellcat, mounting holes line up as they should and such?

Hellcat manual states that mounting screws cannot exceed .095 in below the optic base, or 2.4 mm, 2 would probably be safe. Measuring as stated in previous answer best bet.
You are absolutely correct. The Romeo comes with two pairs of bolts. One pair for the sig365 that are M3.5 X0.5 , and another set for "certain non-sig pistols" that are M4 X0.7. The M4X0.7 were to long, so I took them down to .385 and they work great.

I’m new to pistol optics, have a venom on a S&W shield and really like that I can still shoot with tired eyes. New hellcat will be equipped as well, as soon as I get a handle on what to use. Does Holosun show promise as a reliable optic for the hellcat.

Once the Romeo Zero is on the Hellcat, will it Co-witness with the sights?
Yes but I should follow up saying I returned it and got most of my money back. The battery only lasted about a month and a half. I called and spoke to customer service and they said the battery life if set on a higher setting would last about 1-1/2 -2 months. They said in order to get the advertised house. The sight would have to not be turned on. I am not recommending this site for a LTC gun. Or if you don’t have small fingers to adjust the light brightness.

So this was posted in February. Can you say who is coming out with optics for the hellcat NOW? Please!
I believe there has only been 2 more contenders for red dot optics that has cam out bringing the total to 6. I know of 3 more that are still in testing phases that aren’t released to public yet.

I ordered a Romeo 0 red dot sight in March and got it today,06/17/2020 from opticsplantet , for my hellcat. I really like the hellcat, the size fits my hand perfectly. However, I’m having trouble fitting the sight to the gun. The smaller screws don’t match up to the female threads in the gun and the big holes won’t tighten the sight down. The sight came with a small cardboard I thought maybe a shim (not mentioned in instructions), but that also did not fix the loose sight. Anyone having this problem or overcame this problem? Getting guns and certain parts in California is not easy and always more expensive. Maybe I should have bought the shield instead.

Took a pic of my post, hopefully this helps. Had the same issue. 234A4FF1-7830-40C4-AD30-E647408949AC.png

I ordered a Romeo 0 red dot sight in March and got it today,06/17/2020 from opticsplantet , for my hellcat. I really like the hellcat, the size fits my hand perfectly. However, I’m having trouble fitting the sight to the gun. The smaller screws don’t match up to the female threads in the gun and the big holes won’t tighten the sight down. The sight came with a small cardboard I thought maybe a shim (not mentioned in instructions), but that also did not fix the loose sight. Anyone having this problem or overcame this problem? Getting guns and certain parts in California is not easy and always more expensive. Maybe I should have bought the shield instead.
SA as I recall specs the screw length below the mounting base should be .095". All I've been aware of from the Romeo's have been too long. To use them you'll have to carefully file/grind them down till they meet that .095" length.

Another issue you'll have is that the Romeo will not co-witness with the Hellcat's iron sights. You can make it close by using a chamber laser, but it will never match up like a Shield. And I've heard of folks having a difficult time with a lack of vertical adjustment with the Romeo.

regards,
jumpinjoe

I have two optics, vortex venom on a S&W shield and a Shield on a Hellcat. Love them both. The Venom on smith does not co-witness.
V good 6 min dot , but does stick up higher due to base used.
Hellcat has shield, fits perfect can use dot or iron. Right out of the box it was only couple inches off zero. Dot tends to bloom in high light conditions, but does not effect my accuracy. I kinda like the smaller dot. I love both guns and they shoot great groups at 10 yds which is all I ask of them. I’m 85 and dots make my shooting possible. Co- witness however is a must in my humble opinion.
You know stuff happens, and irons are still there.
Grump

SA as I recall specs the screw length below the mounting base should be .095". All I've been aware of from the Romeo's have been too long. To use them you'll have to carefully file/grind them down till they meet that .095" length.

Another issue you'll have is that the Romeo will not co-witness with the Hellcat's iron sights. You can make it close by using a chamber laser, but it will never match up like a Shield. And I've heard of folks having a difficult time with a lack of vertical adjustment with the Romeo.

regards,
jumpinjoe
I used a bore site and was able to archive co witness with the hellcat iron sites and Romeo zero.

Back