testtest

Slide lock issues

So are you saying that you field strip the 1911 and then you are trying to reassemble everything?

Test everything when it is taken apart.

Put the slide stop in the barrel link and slide it in to see it is too tight of a fit. Then try in in just the bare frame and see if that is the problem.

If this is the first time you've disassembled a 1911 styled pistol and are now attempting to reassemble it, (and having difficulty getting the Slide Stop reinstalled), perhaps the linked article with pictures and video may help. I know my first 1911 disassembly / reassembly, I had difficulty in this same area.

If this is the first time you've disassembled a 1911 styled pistol and are now attempting to reassemble it, (and having difficulty getting the Slide Stop reinstalled), perhaps the linked article with pictures and video may help. I know my first 1911 disassembly / reassembly, I had difficulty in this same area.

Great information, the first time I put mine back together I was having all sorts of problems and had to start over about 6 times now it’s second nature.

Ok, might as well to admit it, my first 1911 was a AMT Government Model, I managed to dis-assemble it, couldn’t get it back together, took it back over to the sheriff deputy that I knew, he laughed and said wth did I do.......he then showed me how to re-assemble it, no problems after that.

Back