testtest

Clay Martin’s “Concrete Jungle”

One of the hardest aspects of team-building in the civilian world is that of delegation, and getting past it can be rather a pain.

I have weapons and tactical skills, several appropriate languages, have gone through defensive/offensive driving (and used it in the world's unwashed armpits), and have been trained as a negotiator, and this makes those whom I have tried to recruit in a neighbourhood ODA see me as a walking, talking Swiss Army Knife. They want me to teach them to shoot and move (they're not really interested in 'communicate'). They place a trust in me, that I can do the rest.

Back in the day, I could delegate by way of given authority, and occasional physical reprimand, but that doesn't really work in this paradigm (which is akin to herding lobotomized cats). Any suggestionss?

leadership is a tough cookie in this environment. but as things slide, people will be more and more open to following the competent. we have seen this historically in irregular forces, as do ODA members when dealing with host nation forces. We have no authority when we show up there, so we have to earn it the hard way. showing work ethic, and skills, will help people want to follow you. and don't expect it overnight. it can take months

leadership is a tough cookie in this environment. but as things slide, people will be more and more open to following the competent. we have seen this historically in irregular forces, as do ODA members when dealing with host nation forces. We have no authority when we show up there, so we have to earn it the hard way. showing work ethic, and skills, will help people want to follow you. and don't expect it overnight. it can take months

Thank you for this. You are, of course, quite correct.

Any special advice for women in terms of how we can protect ourselves and what we can do to contribute? We are not the ideal 'fighting aged males' but trouble will still come to our homes and neighborhoods anyways. Thank you for your book, got my copy from amazon and it's very helpful!

Broad Question:
How can Confidence Targets be Worked up to?
I mean what kind of objectives, barring All Hell Breaks Loose?
that is a tough one, in the current environment. mostly if we are talking about the context of really bad things happening, this is training time. same as troops before 9/11. if we are talking counter to current conditions, I generally say stay out of it. But Ft. Collins seemed to handle it pretty well earlier this week.

Any special advice for women in terms of how we can protect ourselves and what we can do to contribute? We are not the ideal 'fighting aged males' but trouble will still come to our homes and neighborhoods anyways. Thank you for your book, got my copy from amazon and it's very helpful!
excellent, glad you are liking it. I'm a bit of a sexist this way, but I say keep women out of front line positions, when possible. but numbers are not on our side. barring that, I would prefer to have my female folks in over watch positions, but we don't always get what we want. And just like the frontier, you have to be able to fill a defensive position if trouble comes to you. same as anyone. a lot of potential for that as this creeps into the suburbs.

My advise Ljj is first get a network of friends “Male and Female” and start training together. Second would be to have that group create a text group for mass notifications in case of the SHTF scenarios regarding Secure Places to meet, who will pick up who and when and what to bring. Communication is key and paramount. Don’t be shy about asking questions on this forum we are all here to assist anyway we can.
Also Ljj don’t discount your ability to fight, training and a strong positive attitude goes a long way overcoming any advisory. You didn’t say if you have a gun so if you do train, train and train.
If you don’t yet get one that fits your hand and you feel comfortable controlling and then learn how to run your gun.

Last edited:
for self protection ( women), that is a different question. Same as anyone, you need to get very good with a gun. I'm a Hellcat fan in this role, or a 911. then a knife. then start really working on your situational awareness, and learning the tells of someone about to get violent. living in Cooper condition Orange needs to become a way of life.

My advise Ljj is first get a network of friends “Male and Female” and start training together. Second would be to have that group create a text group for mass notifications in case of the SHTF scenarios regarding Secure Places to meet, who will pick up who and when and what to bring. Communication is key and paramount. Don’t be shy about asking questions on this forum we are all here to assist anyway we can.
those are excellent points, and I fully concur. One thing about the boys/girls club.... including your significant other should be a high priority. it not only makes them an asset when things go wrong, it gets them in the mindset of training and preparing before that time. the importance here cannot be overstated.

excellent, glad you are liking it. I'm a bit of a sexist this way, but I say keep women out of front line positions, when possible. but numbers are not on our side. barring that, I would prefer to have my female folks in over watch positions, but we don't always get what we want. And just like the frontier, you have to be able to fill a defensive position if trouble comes to you. same as anyone. a lot of potential for that as this creeps into the suburbs.

No problem, it's not sexist it's mostly common sense. I agree I don't really don't think women should be on front lines either but it seems like trouble is coming to us these days where every pair of hands might be needed. Thank you for the reply and for helping us gain the skills to defend ourselves.

Also Ljj don’t discount your ability to fight, training and a strong positive attitude goes a long way overcoming any advisory. You didn’t say if you have a gun so if you do train, train and train.
If you don’t yet get one that fits your hand and you feel comfortable controlling and then learn how to run your gun.
Thank you these are all good ideas, I do have a gun, and I'm not a bad shot at the range, I just never really saw myself guarding my neighborhood with a rifle against antifa, but it seems that's where things are headed.

Thank you you reminded me to dry fire as per your book!
for self protection ( women), that is a different question. Same as anyone, you need to get very good with a gun. I'm a Hellcat fan in this role, or a 911. then a knife. then start really working on your situational awareness, and learning the tells of someone about to get violent. living in Cooper condition Orange needs to become a way of life.

Thank you these are all good ideas, I do have a gun, and I'm not a bad shot at the range, I just never really saw myself guarding my neighborhood with a rifle against antifa, but it seems that's where things are headed.
I don't think a lot of us saw that coming, but it is the reality of 2020. And I believe things are going to get a whole lot worse.

LJJ - as with anything, find your strengths, and play to those. If the SHTF, we'll need everything - cooks, medics, foragers, electricians, builders, teachers, communicators - you name it, as well as guards and soldiers. Not everyone has to be a soldier. Prepare yourself in case your front-line is compromised and you have to defend yourself and your home/family, and make sure you're comfortable with your capabilities...but don't shy away from any other strengths you may have. Network. Figure out within your neighborhood / cul-de-sac / street / whatever, who will have which responsibilities if things do go sideways. Keep in touch. And always - learn, learn, learn.

Back