testtest

New Polished Blue Beauty from Springfield

I was issued and qualified with one in Vietnam with the 5th special Forces Group -not SOG, we had procured some from the French it would take them from the Nazis and ended up in vietnam. Everybody that shot one I'll say everybody almost everybody, fell in love with it! I love the 1911, however I still carry one of these today. That first issue and qualification by the way was in 1969. I have never been without one.
 
Now that is tempting!
But I'm still holding out for a lightweight 4"

I would have bought a 4” if it had been released simultaneously with the standard one. Now that I’m use to concealing and have had lots of range time with that one, I don’t feel it’s too big or heavy. It shoots so well that switching seems like going backwards. The 4” barrel would require less cant to be comfortable, though. The Burdette holster is fantastic for carry, maybe a lesser holster would tilt the need for sizing down.
 
I was issued and qualified with one in Vietnam with the 5th special Forces Group -not SOG, we had procured some from the French it would take them from the Nazis and ended up in vietnam. Everybody that shot one I'll say everybody almost everybody, fell in love with it! I love the 1911, however I still carry one of these today. That first issue and qualification by the way was in 1969. I have never been without one.
I observed an Aussie trooper carrying a Browning Hi Power in Vietnam in 1965, and was immediately captivated. I longed after that gun for 50 years, but could never afford even a used, and abused one. Finally Girsan produced the MCP-35 at a reasonable price. I jumped on it like a duck on a June Bug. There is nothing really wrong with the MCP-35, it is a well made firearm, and is a very true clone of the P-35. It just did not meet my expectations or requirements, the disappointment was immense. Then Springfield released the SA-35, I did my homework, read all the reviews, and studied the spec's. After much consideration and long thought, I went to the gun store and laid down the cash. The SA-35 is everything I hoped, and envisioned that my Hi-power would be. Now the Blued Polished 4 inch is my next gotta have.
 
... The 4” barrel would require less cant to be comfortable, though. The Burdette holster is fantastic for carry, maybe a lesser holster would tilt the need for sizing down. ...
Yep. A healthy dose of butt-forward cant makes all the difference between whether the butt prints or not. As far a barrel length, I'd say that the standard P35 or a Govt. size 1911 is about the max that I can comfortably carry concealed. I'm about "average" height and build. A smaller statured person might find that a 4" barrel is a bit easier to conceal well.

The trick is: If you're carrying IWB, a longer barrel tends to "print" through the pants as you bend or sit, and can become a hindrance to sitting comfortably. If you're carrying OWB, the longer the barrel is, the longer your upper cover garment must be to hide the business end of the barrel. Again, the shorter statured person might require such a long shirt tail (assuming that an untucked shirt is used as a cover garment) that it starts looking more like a robe or a dress than simply and untucked shirt tail.
 
Back
Top