testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

How do you like that Inforce WML? Is that a Gen 2 800 lumens? That's probably my next and last purchase for my AR. I have a pressure pad set up now but I think the WML would streamline things a bit.
It is a Gen 2 but I didn't realize it was supposed to be 800 lumens. I thought it was 600? Hard to tell for me because I have a Streamlight TLR-1 HL (1000 lumens) on my pistol and my handheld light has settings from 3-1000 lumens. It's noticeably dimmer than my Streamlight, which I don't mind. I knew going in that I was getting lower lumens. Streamline is definitely the best selling point/strength for this light IMO. I like not having to deal with wires or a pressure pad but I recently moved my AFG back a little bit and now I cannot activate the Inforce without moving my hand, which I don't like. I also have it mounted on a Magpul cantilever mount, so I could potentially move the light closer to my AFG and use a standard mount piece, but then I don't think the placement of the light will be ideal.

I've actually heard some not-so-great things about the Inforce WML but I also heard these issues were mostly with the Gen 1. I'm still a little skeptical about the polymer as all my other lights are aluminum. I got it for $120 and my next choice (Streamlight TLR-1 HL + pressure pad setup) will be significantly more expensive. I definitely like the form and function. Just keep in mind that where you place your support hand is an important factor to consider. I will say that if this thing was aluminum I would be 200% more confident about it. With that being said, I've put around 600 rds. through with the light mounted with no issues so far, and as you can see it's essentially riding the muzzle device.

Sorry for the lengthy response, hope it was helpful. What light are you currently running?

Angstadt Arms UDP-9; Built; Ruger 556 pistol

View attachment 10518
How do you like that Magpul handstop setup on Ruger? I currently have a Magpul AFG on my AR but it is bigger than expected and I like having a comfortable C-clamp style grip on my handguard and my hands are relatively on the smaller side. So, the AFG doesn't give me an ideal purchase on the handguard. Said AR is also a 16" so not sure if that matters...

It is a Gen 2 but I didn't realize it was supposed to be 800 lumens. I thought it was 600? Hard to tell for me because I have a Streamlight TLR-1 HL (1000 lumens) on my pistol and my handheld light has settings from 3-1000 lumens. It's noticeably dimmer than my Streamlight, which I don't mind. I knew going in that I was getting lower lumens. Streamline is definitely the best selling point/strength for this light IMO. I like not having to deal with wires or a pressure pad but I recently moved my AFG back a little bit and now I cannot activate the Inforce without moving my hand, which I don't like. I also have it mounted on a Magpul cantilever mount, so I could potentially move the light closer to my AFG and use a standard mount piece, but then I don't think the placement of the light will be ideal.

I've actually heard some not-so-great things about the Inforce WML but I also heard these issues were mostly with the Gen 1. I'm still a little skeptical about the polymer as all my other lights are aluminum. I got it for $120 and my next choice (Streamlight TLR-1 HL + pressure pad setup) will be significantly more expensive. I definitely like the form and function. Just keep in mind that where you place your support hand is an important factor to consider. I will say that if this thing was aluminum I would be 200% more confident about it. With that being said, I've put around 600 rds. through with the light mounted with no issues so far, and as you can see it's essentially riding the muzzle device.

Sorry for the lengthy response, hope it was helpful. What light are you currently running?
I very much appreciate all really good info. A lot of my questions about the WML you answered. The way I understand it, the shorter version of the WML Gen 2 is 400 lumens and the one you have, the longer one, is 800 lumens. I currently run a Crimson Trace 500 lumen light with the light itself mounted on the right side of the rifle a little back from the end of the barrel, with the pressure pad on my grip side (left side) of my rifle. I have a BCM 12.6 inch free float quad rail that the light is mounted on. I have the pressure pad perfectly placed where I can manipulate it with my left hand without getting off my grip at all. The main advantage I liked about the WML is that I could mount it back toward where I grip the rifle on either side and use either my thumb or index finder on the other side. I have monster sized paws so it's no problem for me to manipulate the light on either side where I grip the rifle. I very much like the idea of no wires or pressure pads and I very much like the look of the Inforce WML. BTW, I very much like your rifle. Nice setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 588
I very much appreciate all really good info. A lot of my questions about the WML you answered. The way I understand it, the shorter version of the WML Gen 2 is 400 lumens and the one you have, the longer one, is 800 lumens. I currently run a Crimson Trace 500 lumen light with the light itself mounted on the right side of the rifle a little back from the end of the barrel, with the pressure pad on my grip side (left side) of my rifle. I have a BCM 12.6 inch free float quad rail that the light is mounted on. I have the pressure pad perfectly placed where I can manipulate it with my left hand without getting off my grip at all. The main advantage I liked about the WML is that I could mount it back toward where I grip the rifle on either side and use either my thumb or index finder on the other side. I have monster sized paws so it's no problem for me to manipulate the light on either side where I grip the rifle. I very much like the idea of no wires or pressure pads and I very much like the look of the Inforce WML. BTW, I very much like your rifle. Nice setup.
I just checked the packaging and it appears I may have confused the Inforce WML with the Inforce WMLX (w/laser). My WML Gen 2 only outputs 400 lumens. The Inforce WMLX Gen 2 outputs 800 lumens and is the longer version with two CR123 batteries. I'll also dare to comment here on the controversial topic of too many lumens for an indoor PDW setup. I'll say from personal experience, my house has many white-walled and light-walled rooms and going from no-light/low-light to 1000 lumens from my Streamlight absolutely is disorienting to myself and washes out my optic. I'm actually quite liking the lower lumens on my 400 lumen WML ATM. In a no-light/low-light situation, IMHO, it serves both purposes of disorienting the adversary while still giving me an optimal tactical advantage of identifying the unknown while not rendering my red dot useless and not shocking my vision/sight picture at the same time. If you've never blasted a 1000 lumen light in close quarters (especially with white/light-colored walls) I would consider this point.

For your shorter setup, I think the WML or WMLX would prove ideal. Like I said previously, I'm only considered about the durability, though being my PDW/bump-in-the-night gun I doubt that issue will ever become a serious concern. If you're looking for streamlining with a 12.6 rail, I think the WML/WMLX would serve you well.

And thanks for the comment on my AR. I didn't do as much research as I usually like to do before building/purchasing (due to the near-apocalyptic circumstances) but I feel like I did ok and I defer to the internet experts to validate my choices. Would you call it a budget build? I believe it's all relative (Daniel Defense on one end, ATI on the other) but still... It's mostly PSA mil-spec with upgraded furniture and accessories. I'd argue that the Holosun 510C is mid-range if anything, but I'm a newb so what do I know.

No anytime you mention Daniel Defense your talking quality not budget and your set up looks very professional and ergonomic, my main concern in all AR builds.....

I'm sorry, the picture looked like the longer version of the WML, so that's my bad and tired old eyes. I have considered the shorter, 400 lumens version because I do agree, too many lumens in a CQB situation can blind you worse than the target. My main concern is just getting rid of the pressure pad and wires on my rifle and making it look more streamlined and sleek like yours.

No anytime you mention Daniel Defense your talking quality not budget and your set up looks very professional and ergonomic, my main concern in all AR builds.....

I'm sorry, the picture looked like the longer version of the WML, so that's my bad and tired old eyes. I have considered the shorter, 400 lumens version because I do agree, too many lumens in a CQB situation can blind you worse than the target. My main concern is just getting rid of the pressure pad and wires on my rifle and making it look more streamlined and sleek like yours.
Maybe not worse but definitely brings into question tactical advantage of the light if it affects you anywhere near as much as it does your enemy. NP. And I will say that in dry fire hallway drills and whatnot, 400 lumens has proven to be damn near exactly what I think I'd like in my AR light. I think I wouldn't mind an extra 200-400 lumens...but 1000 I don't think is worth the extra $$ for strictly indoor CQB setup. Sure, I could clear a parking lot, but it's all about the context right? I don't expect to be leaving my house with this deployed...at least at the moment. When I build my SBR, then we'll talk again ;).

Maybe not worse but definitely brings into question tactical advantage of the light if it affects you anywhere near as much as it does your enemy. NP. And I will say that in dry fire hallway drills and whatnot, 400 lumens has proven to be damn near exactly what I think I'd like in my AR light. I think I wouldn't mind an extra 200-400 lumens...but 1000 I don't think is worth the extra $$ for strictly indoor CQB setup. Sure, I could clear a parking lot, but it's all about the context right? I don't expect to be leaving my house with this deployed...at least at the moment. When I build my SBR, then we'll talk again ;).
Yep, an SBR is my next endeavor also, saving and saving and saving up...lol

How do you like that Magpul handstop setup on Ruger? I currently have a Magpul AFG on my AR but it is bigger than expected and I like having a comfortable C-clamp style grip on my handguard and my hands are relatively on the smaller side. So, the AFG doesn't give me an ideal purchase on the handguard. Said AR is also a 16" so not sure if that matters...

I like the hand stop on the Ruger. It gets a little hot when firing rapidly - so I put the hand stop and the rail guards on. Honestly, I don't shoot is as much as I should - especially over the last 6 months with increased ammo prices.

I like the hand stop on the Ruger. It gets a little hot when firing rapidly - so I put the hand stop and the rail guards on. Honestly, I don't shoot is as much as I should - especially over the last 6 months with increased ammo prices.
Yeah I have those same Magpul railguards. I forgot to ask, is that handstop Magpul? If not, what is it? I want it lol.

Got my Magpul hand stop! Much better feel I think vs the AFG for my size hands.

Also, is it still considered a "budget" build if I have a HS510C and Radian Raptor CH? Not being sarcastic, seriously asking as a newb...View attachment 10822

Rifle looks good. Did you put it all together? What upper/lower did you use, what barrel, BCG, what trigger, handguard? When I put one together I go for what I am going to use it for. Hunting, precision shooting ect. The budget part to me is putting one together that is on par with BCM, DD, LMT, ect without putting that kinda money into it.

My money goes into the barrel and trigger. I also like a quality BCG. I like a nice free floating rail from a known company, there are tons of rails out there. So many manufactures that have parts for these rifles. I like quality.

PSA everything. My 1st so I didn't build but now wishing I did (already working on a second). Barrel is decent for PSA though I think: CMV 1:7 twist nitride. Got it for around $700 obviously without the accessories and upgrades. Was meant for HD/SD though now I'm looking into SBR/pistol as she's a longboi (16").

I was gonna say if I could go back I'd go 80% with maybe an Aero M4E1 lower, BCM upper and still BCM/Magpul furniture BUT it probably would have taken months to find everything in stock and my PSA was store to door (or FFL) in less than 2 weeks. In these times, one AR better than no AR, so no regrets.

C191D09F-8A16-4204-8F03-92C487382DAF.jpeg

Still my all time favorite build.

Attachments

• 41032268-9D8A-4116-BEEC-B1C1F7BCEA9E.jpeg
    41032268-9D8A-4116-BEEC-B1C1F7BCEA9E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
  • C20C7F7D-EA5A-4039-9623-772307EB8184.jpeg
    C20C7F7D-EA5A-4039-9623-772307EB8184.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 217
  • C8BCFA38-4C15-4D56-B9AE-5EB105B9063A.jpeg
    C8BCFA38-4C15-4D56-B9AE-5EB105B9063A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 210