testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

D48488D7-6F0A-4477-AA64-8080E7DCC796_1_201_a.jpeg
679EF6FF-37FF-4C1A-B8D0-B3152BD94CE9_1_201_a.jpeg

I had the day off, so I took some time to tinker. I replaced my Shockwave brace with an SBA4 (which took awhile to find in OD Green). I learn something new each time I make an attempt at gunsmithing. Today I learned that I hate staked castle nuts.

Attachments

• AR Build.jpg
    AR Build.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 497
I had the day off, so I took some time to tinker. I replaced my Shockwave brace with an SBA4 (which took awhile to find in OD Green). I learn something new each time I make an attempt at gunsmithing. Today I learned that I hate staked castle nuts.
What's the barrel length on her?? Also, do you have any experience with an SBA3? I have an 11.5 on the way with an SBA3 but a friend who wants to sell me an SBA4...wondering if it's worth upgrading straightaway. P.S.-- Go PSA! (My first AR was a PSA.)

Found a deal on some Troy micro battlesights (HK-style). Can't wait, they look sweet. Thanks guys for weighing in. Hmm...what about sling? Blue Force Gear or MS4?

I am a BFG fan and I like the padded Vickers, but I have a Magpul on my AR. It’s light and I got a good deal on the sling. I like it. If money isn’t a consideration I would definitely spring for the Vickers though.

What's the barrel length on her?? Also, do you have any experience with an SBA3? I have an 11.5 on the way with an SBA3 but a friend who wants to sell me an SBA4...wondering if it's worth upgrading straightaway. P.S.-- Go PSA! (My first AR was a PSA.)

This one is a 10.5 inch barrel. My only other experience with SB is the SBM4 brace/pistol grip combo for the Remington 870DM Tac-14. I would like to claim to be more knowledgeable, but I went with the SBA4 because SB has a great reputation, I liked the kit for my Tac-14, and it was one of the few options still available in OD Green.
I’m fairly new to the whole tactical thing, and my only real experience with the AR-15 came when the government handed me one. They showed me basic operation and cleaning, and were kind enough to give me a lot of training rounds. Unfortunately, they neither sought our input on the rifle, nor did they explain the reasons behind why they purchased that particular setup or provide detailed info about the specs. I know how to shoot and clean, but I’m learning how to buy and build as I go.

I am a BFG fan and I like the padded Vickers, but I have a Magpul on my AR. It’s light and I got a good deal on the sling. I like it. If money isn’t a consideration I would definitely spring for the Vickers though.
Interestingly enough, the Magpul that I see in stock is more expensive than the Vickers. I also am considering the TRexarms sling. I know it's kind of new but it's got same features as most good ones, 2 point, quick adjust, similarly priced and I like the multicam black 😳.

Back