testtest

MUSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when the contraption came out that you could plug into an 8 track player that stuck out with a slot to put a cassette tape in it and play it?
Something like this it was..... :ROFLMAO:

8 track adapter.jpg

👈 I took that icon photo at a recent Michael Schenker concert. Photo was slightly out of focus so I doctored it up a bit (ok, a lot) with Paint Shop Pro. Schenker was guitarist for UFO (wrote most of their biggest hits), Scorpions (Lovedrive album) and The Michael Schenker Group. He wrote Lights Out with UFO when he was only 17! 🤘

Been going to concerts since the late 70's. Here's few pics I've taken at recent concerts (Yes, I realize Ted Nugent is probably the only one of the bunch that deserves to be seen on a gun forum) ;):

View attachment 683
Michael Schenker

View attachment 686
Uncle Ted-NRA Board Member

View attachment 687
Sabbath

View attachment 688
Roger Waters of Pink Floyd-Leftist Commie

View attachment 689
Robin Trower

View attachment 690
Neil Peart of Rush (R.I.P.)

Don't worry about copyrights Mike...I took all of these photos.📸
Very nice...looking at these pics I got cotton mouth

Saw Robin at Shea Stadium in NYC along with Jeff Beck opening up for Jethro Tull. Saw Lynyrd Skynyrd (named after their HS gym teacher, or so the story goes), in Passaic NJ the night of the 2nd big East Coast blackout and about 2 week before the fatal plane crash claiming some band member lives. ELO at the Garden in NYC was a great show, lasers and all. :cool:🎸 (now I'm just showing my age 👨‍🦳)
Batman was a no show!

I'd Like you and Sarge's posts but I hated cassettes and 8-tracks. Even with Dolby the background noise was terrible. I used a high end Sony VHS player to record 160 min of audio on higher end VHS tapes, back in the day. Sounded great for it's time.
Thanks Shamrocker. I agree with the 8-tracks. Spent more time pulling tape out of those than actually listening. Once they came out with cassettes that could actually "skip" over songs..... wow, life couldn't get any better. Just sit back and crack open a Jolt cola and stay awake for the next 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back