testtest

MUSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI Tip: SiriusXM satellite radio only picks up certain stations in your car. Also, the satellite audio signal is not as good as CD. If you have an account, you can install the SiriusXM app on your cell phone and connect to your car stereo via your cell's Bluetooth (assuming it's a newer car stereo). The signal now comes into your phone via Internet and passes to car stereo via Bluetooth. The app has more channels available than your car (RockBar is a good rock mix) and the sound is at or near CD quality. More channels, better sound quality and no up charge (assuming your cell has unlimited data). I wouldn't try this if you have a limited data plan. Just sayin'....

Sorry...I'm a geek.:geek:
Agreed, then there is also this thing called Amazon Music Unlimited. I could get lost for days within that.
I could listen to any of the groups above. We are a lively lot.

Agreed, then there is also this thing called Amazon Music Unlimited. I could get lost for days within that.
I could listen to any of the groups above. We are a lively lot.
You can also get a lot of free music if your an Amazon Prime Member. Only problem is that it's on their cloud server, so you'd need to access it over 4G/LTE (using your phone, etc) in your vehicle (unless it has wireless). I just load it in to their app on my computer & listen to it on there. They do "delete" some and make it a pay song, but I've seen them come back on the "free" list and some I've loaded are still there for free after several years, so it's random.

Thumbdrives are my current "car media" of choice. Thought I'd be a smartass and bought an external pocket sized hard drive to have my entire music collection (it's big) in the car.

FYI Tip #2: External hard drives WILL NOT WORK in your car....or at least Fords!:mad:
For that exact reason is why I only buy RAM!! Kidding of course. Don't think it will work in mine either. On the jump drive I think 128GB is the biggest it will read. I have 40TB of storage and when it comes to songs have them by the tens of thousands......

I own my CDs though. Rip them to thumbdrives, hard drives or whatever. Agreed, your way is convenient and compact but the Music Service can pull the plug at any time or jack up the cost. Paid the $ but have squat to show for it. Much like Amazon Kindle can "burn" your books you purchased because they decide Mark Twain was a racist. You young guys......;)
I think if Amazon ever did that to my kids, there would be a rally going on up here.

I own my CDs though. Rip them to thumbdrives, hard drives or whatever. Agreed, your way is convenient and compact but the Music Service can pull the plug at any time or jack up the cost. Paid the $ but have squat to show for it. Much like Amazon Kindle can "burn" your books you purchased because they decide Mark Twain was a racist. You young guys......;)
I still have a 300 CD changer and of course boxes of CD's stored away. All that music stored on one little bitty hard drive! Crazy isn't it.

I hear you. I'm usually cranking it but slow down to Etta James, lots of Blues, Motown, Black Keys. Not a country fan although I have seen Toby Keith & Luke Bryan to keep my wife happy. I guess I owed her for dragging her to Ozzfest years ago. Scariest two days of her life! 😈
Lots of headless Bats 🦇 I Bet.

I hear you. I'm usually cranking it but slow down to Etta James, lots of Blues, Motown, Black Keys. Not a country fan although I have seen Toby Keith & Luke Bryan to keep my wife happy. I guess I owed her for dragging her to Ozzfest years ago. Scariest two days of her life! 😈
Etta and "At Last" and Motown Mary Wells "My Guy". Those are a couple of the ear worms. When you hear them they keep running around in your head for a few hours....

I still have a 300 CD changer and of course boxes of CD's stored away. All that music stored on one little bitty hard drive! Crazy isn't it.
I too had a 300 CD changer and boxes of CDs. It was a sad day when that died. I wasn't going to mention this, but now they are all on a NAS box I built. I might be able to find my way into the halls of geekdom.

It was funny. A bunch of guys had a mosh pit going in front of our lawn area blanket during Slipknot's show. One of the guys came flying out of the circle and pretty much landed on top of me. I got up and tossed him back into the "pit". I turned around to find my wife took off to find Security, thinking we/they were all "fighting". Learned what a sissy she really is that weekend. Still love her though.
That's Funny :ROFLMAO:

When I started diving into music that was "before my time" I was shocked at how much of "my music" was actually cover tunes of older stuff. Think I gave a lot of my favorite musicians more credit than they were due.
Many that are done many that are done as covers, done first, would be the most popular. I hear many covers and they turn my stomach!! But there is one that I have in a tie. Betty Everett and the "Shoop, Shoop Song" (It's in his Kiss). Done by Cher I think she knocks it out of the park as Betty has.
Not many covers that I like, almost none!

We were arranging the living room. Moving everything around. Some how the 300 CD changer managed to get turned upside down or maybe downside up. Had to take it all apart and CD's were kind of wedged in precarious ways. You know what I mean, stuck. Of course trying to get them unstuck and not scratched was a chore. Took better part of the evening. So, don't do a 180° CD Changer flip. Wouldn't recommend a 90° either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back