testtest

MUSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. Hope you didn't spend all the time entering the song tags & titles into the changer with a keyboard. It was based on "slot" number and once they got mixed up, all that wasted time.:oops:
I had all the music on digital to play with playlists. When we used the changer I put it on shuffle.

I still have this cassette tape, and a couple others, in the original cases, that I had on my first ship back in '72-'73 time frame.

220px-Jacksonbrownedebut.jpg

I'd be afraid to try and play it, as it's probably pretty brittle.......being it's about 48 yrs old 😨

I still have this cassette tape, and a couple others, in the original cases, that I had on my first ship back in '72-'73 time frame.

View attachment 699
I'd be afraid to try and play it, as it's probably pretty brittle.......being it's about 48 yrs old 😨
I have reel to reel tapes that I worry about too. That's the trouble with what we make now. Stone structures last for thousands of years. Our glass buildings not so long. Thousand years from now no one will even know we were here.

Depending on how you stored them, you might be surprised (good luck finding a tape player).
I'm sure you would develope a new appreciation for digital recording.
hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
I have a dual cassette unit. Can record from one cassette to another. Still works

Yes, I have an Ion turntable. I used the output from my dual recorder for the cassettes. I even did the
4 channel reel. Akai tape deck.
Thanks. I got the Ion turntable as well, but haven’t yet converted my vinyl collection. Unfortunately, I got rid of my dual recorder, so I’ll have to find another method.

I'd Like you and Sarge's posts but I hated cassettes and 8-tracks. Even with Dolby the background noise was terrible. I used a high end Sony VHS player to record 160 min of audio on higher end VHS tapes, back in the day. Sounded great for it's time.
8 Tracks were the Yugo of the entertainment world. :ROFLMAO:

8 track.jpg

Thanks. I got the Ion turntable as well, but haven’t yet converted my vinyl collection. Unfortunately, I got rid of my dual recorder, so I’ll have to find another method.
Need a Dazzle, I used about 10 versions of the Pinnacle Video Editor, but have since changed to Power Director. Feed the audio in to the editor and then export as MP3 or burn a CD.

:eek:(n):eek:(n):eek:

I can't begin to tell you how many times I'd be driving down the Interstate and you'd see them flying out car windows. Tape players would eat them and there was no way to wind up the excess tape. People would get so pi55ed off, they'd just chuck 'em out the window.
Tape still stuck in the tape deck, 8 Track out the window...Streamer!!
I never had one....8 track that is, my the aggravation I missed out on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back