testtest

Wives Who Carry

wmg1299

Professional
I have carried almost everywhere I go for years, but my wife never has. When things started getting crazy this summer, I convinced my wife to get her LTC. She was excited to get the license, but seems a little hesitant to actually carry. It hasn't been an issue so far because she never goes into the city, or anywhere she considers risky, without me. I was wondering how many of your wives/girlfriends have permits, and how many of them actually carry?

I have carried almost everywhere I go for years, but my wife never has. When things started getting crazy this summer, I convinced my wife to get her LTC. She was excited to get the license, but seems a little hesitant to actually carry. It hasn't been an issue so far because she never goes into the city, or anywhere she considers risky, without me. I was wondering how many of your wives/girlfriends have permits, and how many of them actually carry?
My ex-wife does but she’s a ACO in the town she lives in in Connecticut. I had one girlfriend I dated after my divorce who carried a small handgun in her purse, I wasn’t with her the day she was driving and reached into her purse for something and grabbed the gun and pulled the trigger. The shot went straight down through the seat and bottom of the car.
We didn’t date after that.

My wife has been carrying for probably the past 5-6 years. She has an assortment of CCW handbags/purses and never leaves home without one or the other and 'packin'. She started out carrying my Mod 60 and used that for a year or so, then asked Santa Clause to bring her a Judge one Christmas. Well whadaya know ..... he did bring her one (I know him personally and he's a hell of a good guy). She carried that one for a while, then realized there was another model (don't remember right off) that was much lighter and a bit shorter bbl. Wouldn't you know, she asked Santa for the new model the very next Christmas. Yep, he brought that one to her as well ....... like I said, a hell of a guy that Santa! ;):):):)

A lady I used to date right out of high school recently got in touch with me. I found out that she is a black belt in Karate and carries everywhere she goes.

I can out shoot her but I am afraid to for fear she will kick my back side. :LOL:

I used to carry in a purse when I first started out... and that ended when a boyfriend and his buddy showed me how easily the purse could be ‘separated from me’. It took me a total of 2 seconds to realize how the bad guy now had my keys, my Id, my address, my money, and my loaded weapon. I’ve been carrying AIWB ever since that day.

I carried my gun every time I was at my outdoor range until I got comfortable with having a loaded gun on me. Doing that helped me tremendously.

I used to carry in a purse when I first started out... and that ended when a boyfriend and his buddy showed me how easily the purse could be ‘separated from me’. It took me a total of 2 seconds to realize how the bad guy now had my keys, my Id, my address, my money, and my loaded weapon. I’ve been carrying AIWB ever since that day.

I carried my gun every time I was at my outdoor range until I got comfortable with having a loaded gun on me. Doing that helped me tremendously.
My friend carries about 3:30 IWB as do I .

I'm glad to hear that wives and girlfriends carrying is pretty common (except for the rolling ND). We live in Texas, where carrying a concealed firearm in a vehicle doesn't require any type of permit or license. She's comfortable with having a gun secured in the vehicle, but I wanted her to be able to carry a gun outside of the vehicle if she found herself in a dangerous situation where she had to get out of the car. We live in a safe neighborhood, but I would still prefer her to carry when she exercises outdoors. I fully understand her reluctance to carry in her purse because she is a teacher and forgetting to remove the gun could result in termination and possible criminal charges.

My wife and I both have a Texas LTC (license to carry). We both carry any time we legally can. She works in the administration offices of a close by school district. Her old boss, the superintendent of that school district is retiring soon, and is a "super" liberal. The new superintendent replacing him is not as radical. My wife is going to try to convince the new superintendent to change the policy on weapons in the school district, and allow certain licensed faculty be allowed to carry on the job. Until that happens, she has to leave her pistol in the car, when she gets to work. It's an even worse situation for me, as I am a civilian federal employee that works on a military base, and can't even have a weapon in the vehicle when entering the base.

My wife rarely carries a firearm. If she has to go up into the city, particularly if she has to go north of midtown, she will carry a gun with her. She is extremely talented with knives and always has at least one on her. I have tried to gun her up, but she just isn't real interested. It would be in her best interest. Yeah, she rarely goes to the city and out here things are much calmer, but she has a really big, smart ass mouth and she drives like a complete bastard.

Strange to me that about a decade or so ago I had visions of moving to "Gun friendly" Texas. I always liked Texas. Back then there was no RTC in Missouri. You needed a permit to buy and there was a 10 day waiting period. Then around 2003 I think republicans took a super majority in the state legislature and almost overnight we had permitless carry. Now Texas gun laws seem draconian to me. :)

Both my wife and daughter just passed the ltc. We are in the process of looking at carry options. How do you carry now?

My wife rarely carries a firearm. If she has to go up into the city, particularly if she has to go north of midtown, she will carry a gun with her. She is extremely talented with knives and always has at least one on her. I have tried to gun her up, but she just isn't real interested. It would be in her best interest. Yeah, she rarely goes to the city and out here things are much calmer, but she has a really big, smart ass mouth and she drives like a complete bastard.

Strange to me that about a decade or so ago I had visions of moving to "Gun friendly" Texas. I always liked Texas. Back then there was no RTC in Missouri. You needed a permit to buy and there was a 10 day waiting period. Then around 2003 I think republicans took a super majority in the state legislature and almost overnight we had permitless carry. Now Texas gun laws seem draconian to me. :)
I got my first and (only) concealed carry permit in Texas in 2015 at that time it was concealed carry only, on January 1st 2016 they passed the law that you can open carry only with a concealed carry permit which meant training was required. SMART!!
Of Course I was living in Kentucky officially as of 01/04/2016 which is a constitutional carry state which basically means anyone allowed by law even idiots can by a gun and a holster and open/conceal carry without any training whatsoever. STUPID.
Ok don’t get me wrong I believe in the right to keep and bear arms and will push/fight for the continuation of the those right but I do believe that training is paramount for that safe polite society.

Both my wife and daughter just passed the ltc. We are in the process of looking at carry options. How do you carry now?

I typically carry in an AIWB holster in summer and in a holster built into a jacket pocket in the winter. I have also, in the past, used a holster that attaches to my bra. It depends on what clothes your wife and daughter typically wear and the size/weight of the gun they choose to carry.

There’s also the behind the hip option (3:30/4:00) but I dislike reaching behind to draw the weapon. I like to have my gun in front of me.

I recommend that women avoid carrying in a purse if at all possible.

Here’s a cool site that shows a lot of different options for women to conceal a full size handgun:

Back