testtest

Man, I found the ammo

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
I was up in northern Minnesota over the weekend and walked into a small chain store. They had .300BLK, plenty of .223, a bunch of 5.56, stacks of .40, 9mm, 10mm, .45ACP, and even the popular revolver rounds. I grabbed a good bit for my favorites and asked how they have so much, since there is basically none in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Apparently they are willing to pay more to find the ammo so they always have some, but it brings the price up. I paid $42 for 100 .40 180s, 16 per pack for Hornady Black .223, and $27 per for 77gr .223 FGGM. It seemed reasonable, considering the prices everywhere else. the .357s were $40 for 50 so those stayed on the shelf. I'll stick to my handloads for that price.

The local shop I go to got in some ammo ang got 100 rds of Winchester 230gr FMJ for 75.00 and 5 boxes of 308 150gr for 15.95 per box. But used that up yesterday at the range sighting in my M1A loaded model

Here the 6.5CM is about the only thing on the shelves. My only tools I have are either 45 drill bits or 308. My pick up a Ruger or Savage in 6.5cm

Yeah, Cabelas and Gander are worthless. I guess the big box stores aren't willing to pay the extra cost to get stock on the shelves because they'd have to charge more. I both respect and despise that approach.

Nothing anywhere near me. Bass Pro in east Peoria had ZERO handgun but had a ton of .270 or 30-06 and 6mm CM
Scheels only had 6 boxes of 10mm and a very good selection of rifle as long as it was anything but 5.56/.223

Shotgun shells are now running low everywhere near me unless you like #7.5 or #8 shot.

Now there is a one box per day restrictions most everywhere that has or sells ammo. I do mean one and only one box a day, not one box of each 9mm, .45, .357 or 5.56/.223

I've had decent luck with the Bass Pro/Cabela's website. Over the past few weeks I've been able to find Blazer 9mm for $13.99 per 50 round box, Blazer Brass .380 ACP for $18.99 per 50 round box, and Federal Auto Match .22 LR for $21.99 per box of 325. I have seen plenty of .40 S&W and .45 ACP available on the site, but I haven't picked any up because I only own a few guns in those calibers. Bass Pro also offers free shipping for orders over $50.

They appear to put new stock online around midnight. I have had a few orders cancelled several days after they were placed due to "Insufficient Inventory", but have about a 75-80% success rate. I would normally be upset about cancelled orders, but I'll take what I can get in this market. I also applaud the company for keeping prices pretty close to pre-COVID levels (usually $1-$3 more per box than this time last year).

My Cabelas hasn't had jack for months.
Theres a local store that I call every day and check.
This is definately hit or miss. Glad that I stocked up last year.
A couple months ago, the CFO came to me and asked if I realized how much I spent on ammo that month on my cc. I said "your welcome". She just gave me that look. :cautious:

Since then, I've toned it down. :cool:

Local farm supply store had 9mm on the shelf today. $29 for 100 and $35 for 150. 115 grain FMJ. Limit to 250 rounds person per visit. Grabbed 250, went home and grabbed my wife and went back to get another 500.

Local farm supply store had 9mm on the shelf today. $29 for 100 and $35 for 150. 115 grain FMJ. Limit to 250 rounds person per visit. Grabbed 250, went home and grabbed my wife and went back to get another 500.
Did a similar thing last night at a local farm supply. They had 124 gr. 9mm NATO for $16/box with a 3 box limit. My buddy got me 3 then I stopped and got 3 then I went back with the wife and got 6 more.

Back