testtest

Hellcat ADE Spike

Coming October 2020, this link will be updated to take pre-orders when it gets closer
Coming November 2020

Coming December.....
I hope they don’t rush it and bring a quality product to the table,
I’m glad they keep pushing it back Rather than rush it

Ok I was really looking forward to this coming out. But this company is firmly in the budget optics category and the Spike is not just more than double any of their others, it's priced within a few dollars of established premium optics companies. That's going to be a no for me.

Does it 100% cowitness on the Hellcat? Doesn't look TOO bad from a few pictures I've seen, but wondering if anyone actually knows.

Also, from the pictures on the website, it looks a little wider than the Shields available for the Hellcat.

FYI, I emailed ADE to ask about the cowitness issue with the Hellcat. Their response was “It, our red dot will 100% cowitness”.

The reviews on YouTube above and any others I’ve seen so far have been pretty positive about this sight. At half the price of the Shield SMSC and $50 less than the Romeo Zero, it may be worth a shot - or a few hundred :).

And this sight has an aluminum body with glass lens vs. polymer body and lens with both the SMSC and Romeo Zero. Seems like a pretty good deal.

FYI, I emailed ADE to ask about the cowitness issue with the Hellcat. Their response was “It, our red dot will 100% cowitness”.

The reviews on YouTube above and any others I’ve seen so far have been pretty positive about this sight. At half the price of the Shield SMSC and $50 less than the Romeo Zero, it may be worth a shot - or a few hundred :).

And this sight has an aluminum body with glass lens vs. polymer body and lens with both the SMSC and Romeo Zero. Seems like a pretty good deal.
Sounds like it maybe worth a try!

It actually co-witnesses 75% not 100%. It also comes with a return policy so it's not like you'll be throwing away $150.00

Last edited:
It actually co-witnesses 75% not 100%. It also comes with a return policy so it's not like you'll be throwing away $150.00
Well, I'm just going by what they said. I'd be interested to see for real. Did you get one? Not doubting you, but how did you figure out it's just 75%? If that's the case, it's no different than the Romeo Zero.

My buddy has one on his Hellcat. I had the Swampfox Sentinel on mine and they both co-witnessed the same to us. We were guessing about 75% but it could be 80% and it is about the same as the same as the Romeo Zero IMO. I took my Swampfox off and sold it because I have astigmatism in both eyes and the dot gets too blurry for me. There is another red dot that is suppose to be released that has like an outer ring and a chevron like this in the center of that ring> ^ that is orange/amber color.
They had one on a Glock 17 but it was a lot bigger than what we have for the Hellcat. Someone posted photos on a Group I'm on on FB and said they are suppose to make one for the Hellcat. I can't remember who makes them if I find the photos I'll post them but I'd buy it because it doesn't look blurry with my astigmatism.

My buddy has one on his Hellcat. I had the Swampfox Sentinel on mine and they both co-witnessed the same to us. We were guessing about 75% but it could be 80% and it is about the same as the same as the Romeo Zero IMO. I took my Swampfox off and sold it because I have astigmatism in both eyes and the dot gets too blurry for me. There is another red dot that is suppose to be released that has like an outer ring and a chevron like this in the center of that ring> ^ that is orange/amber color.
They had one on a Glock 17 but it was a lot bigger than what we have for the Hellcat. Someone posted photos on a Group I'm on on FB and said they are suppose to make one for the Hellcat. I can't remember who makes them if I find the photos I'll post them but I'd buy it because it doesn't look blurry with my astigmatism.
Thanks. Guess you really can't go by what the company says. I'd really prefer 100% cowitness. My problem isn't the astigmatism, it's that I'm right handed and left eye dominant. I know you can change where you hold the gun to position it more in front of your left eye, but I don't really like that. I have a RDS on my AR pistol and I can keep both eyes open using it as opposed to having to keep my left eye closed with a scope, so I think the RDS on my Hellcat will be useful to me. I think it's at least worth a try.

Guess at this point, I'll stick with going with one of the Shield's at this point since I know they 100% cowitness. Just in case the RDS fails.

Appreciate the info for sure!!

I looked at the Shield and honestly it wasn’t 100% as far as I can remember but it has been a few months. The range I go to has a gun store and they keep the Hellcat in all three variations the one with Shield optics didn’t look 100% on the co-witness either. It could just be me. :ROFLMAO: I really don’t think any are 100%. When I sighted my red dot I don’t place it on top of the front sight. I place just above it but that’s just me.

How has this ADE Spike been holding up for your friend? Is he still happy with it? Any way you can get a picture with it showing how much of the front sight is blocked by the body of the RDS? Still thinking about getting one. Thanks.

He loves it. I can actually see the dot better than I could with the SwampFox so I might buy one. Co-wintess to me still looks 80% but my astigmatism causes me to see everything differently. He says it's 90-100% for him. I'll have to wait to get photos because he was sent to West Texas to train some new guys working on windmills and he can't carry while working.

Optics planet has had some brutally long ship times lately. I ordered a Radian safety selector for an AR build from them recently and it took 3 weeks to ship. When I ordered a stock for a rifle that took a month. I'm not too happy with them lately when it comes to shipping.

Primary Arms has really fast shipping that has been pretty much next day on a couple items I ordered last week.
Optics Planet also needs to correlate real time with online availability better. Same with NRA Store. Many things say available online aren't in real time. If they'd simply put "backordered" or "out of stock" on items, would wait or at least know what to expect beforehand. Get's old real quick.

Back