testtest

Let's see your AR setups...

How you liking that Angstadt? I looked at them when I bought my Geissele Super Duty pistol, I only have 556 pistols at the moment.
I like it a lot. Haven't shot it as much as I'd like. Got it in Feb 20 - just before the pandemic hit. Not hitting the range like I was the last few years. About a month ago a friend/instructor had us at an outdoor range doing some moving and shooting drills. Used the Angstadt for those. Not a hiccup. I really like the angled foregrip I put on it. That thing is ergonomic - almost glad I can't put a vertical on it legally or I would have never found that Diamondback.

Had a friend with me at the range in March. He was looking at buying his first firearm and was there trying out my Glock 19. He was all over the place with that. I pulled the Angstadt out of the bag and handed that to him. He turned into an expert shooter immediately - :).

It's my "poor man's MP5."

Last edited:
Most of your builds are putting mine to shame. I like to think that anyone can buy a fancy AR, but the real enthusiasts cobble them together from a mix of Bear Creek, Palmetto State, and Amazon components. I sound pretty confident when I say it, but I'm not sure anyone's buying it.:sneaky:
You can get EOTech's on Amazon, and MBUS sights, so I suppose it's possible ;)

I like it a lot. Haven't shot it as much as I'd like. Got it in Feb 20 - just before the pandemic hit. Not hitting the range like I was the last few years. About a month ago a friend/instructor had us at an outdoor range doing some moving and shooting drills. Used the Angstadt for those. Not a hiccup. I really like the angled foregrip I put on it. That thing is ergonomic - almost glad I can't put a vertical on it legally or I would have never found that Diamondback.

Had a friend with me at the range in March. He was looking at buying his first firearm and was there trying out my Glock 19. He was all over the place with that. I pulled the Angstadt out of the bag and handed that to him. He turned into an expert shooter immediately - :).

It's my "poor man's MP5."
I know what you mean about your friend, after shooting my Geissele pistol, and now I have a Saint Edge and PDW, my M&P 2.0 9mm compact is no where near as accurate at 25 yards. I'm just not good enough with it yet to make up for the innate accuracy of the AR platform.

Tough match up today. Stock Victor vs Steyr. Fantastic day. Buddy bought a victor and wanted to do some break in
33A99922-A645-488A-91B5-91DA078467D9.jpeg

View attachment 14587
Got another project finished.
Looks awesome. It's only a teaser if you can't see the whole rifle. What are the specs?

Due to insane ammo prices, I've been doing more building and customizing than shooting recently. I'm always looking for ideas and honest opinions from guys who spent their own money to build something, rather than those of Youtubers who may have been sponsored or provided with perfectly-tuned samples for their video reviews.

Looks awesome. It's only a teaser if you can't see the whole rifle. What are the specs?

Due to insane ammo prices, I've been doing more building and customizing than shooting recently. I'm always looking for ideas and honest opinions from guys who spent their own money to build something, rather than those of Youtubers who may have been sponsored or provided with perfectly-tuned samples for their video reviews.
Thanks.
1D1EB02E-2F0F-4A4D-9C90-EC7F7DC4252B.jpeg

From muzzle to stock its as follows:
Surefire warcomp
FN 18” chf rifle gas barrel
SLR .750 gasblock and tube
Centurion 13.5” cmr handguard
Colt cage code upper
Solgw bcg
Geissele urg nsn charging handle
V seven gi lower
Solgw lower parts kit
Solgw liberty fighting trigger
Bcm mod 3 grip
Colt milspec end plate
Forward controls cnf cast
Solgw receiver extension
Sprinco white/hot buffer spring
Solgw h buffer
Magpul acs-l stock
The optic is an Eotech Vudu 1-6 with the SR1 reticle in an Eotech PRS mount.
I prefer building too, but there is definitely a right way to do it. I see a lot of them come through the shop that just have poor assembly practices. Many people rush the assembly and it usually shows. Ive seen some really great would be rifles just diminished due to bad assembly. It’s usually the same thing too. Bad torque values, lack of proper staking and lack of thread grease. Building is definitely fun though and very rewarding. 😎

Attachments

• ar 22 w pinty scope.png
    ar 22 w pinty scope.png
    465.7 KB · Views: 193
Back