testtest

Are Binary Triggers worth it?

TacticalPirate

Master Class
Thinking about doing a custom build from the ground up, looking at the FosTech Echo II, I've heard if you install this pricey trigger you must get an M4/M16 BCG for whatever upper you choose.

Can anyone confirm that? Anyone have good, bad or indifferent experiences with binary triggers?

Thinking about doing a custom build from the ground up, looking at the FosTech Echo II, I've heard if you install this pricey trigger you must get an M4/M16 BCG for whatever upper you choose.

Can anyone confirm that? Anyone have good, bad or indifferent experiences with binary triggers?
A special bcg is not needed. A select fire as in 3burst and full auto will require an auto bolt(m16/m4) style + tax stamp and extra paperwork. For just those type of triggers NO on binary. They seem interesting and would consider purchasing? I had 3 various tac-con triggers that work well. They don't fire on pull and release, just pull only. They were costly about 3 years ago. Not sure if produced any more?

I don't like the idea of binary other than to throw lead as quickly as I can wiggle my booger hook. That said, it's the operation of it. If you decide after squeezing the trigger that you don't want the next round going downrange, you have to hold the trigger to the rear and make a conscious effort to flip the selector from binary to semi or safe, then release the trigger. It doesn't seem like much till you tell yourself to do it. I believe both FA and Echo both run off the same procedure.
One that has caught my attention, is this forced reset trigger. It does require a full auto bolt carrier, but most are now equipped that way anyway.
I've been on the waitlist. Its pricey, but I think its pretty sharp.

I think they are fun, I went the Franklin Armory route
My research suggests pros and cons to both the FosTech Echo and Franklin/s binary.

Apparently the Echo can only be used in a M4 BCG and it cannot be used with a .22 conversion kit or a 308, whereas the Franklin version can used any BCG and can be used with a .22 or 308.

The Echo is apparently more reliable to cycle however and easier to get the hang of than the Franklin.

This is me parroting others, not first hand opinion.

My research suggests pros and cons to both the FosTech Echo and Franklin/s binary.

Apparently the Echo can only be used in a M4 BCG and it cannot be used with a .22 conversion kit or a 308, whereas the Franklin version can used any BCG and can be used with a .22 or 308.

The Echo is apparently more reliable to cycle however and easier to get the hang of than the Franklin.

This is me parroting others, not first hand opinion.
I have installed the fostech in customer guns, I do not like the new manual of arms. Things like having to hold the mechanism down to put it together and the stupid triangle selector. The install is also harder. The Franklin acts just like a normal AR, and the selectior acts like a normal AR

I have installed the fostech in customer guns, I do not like the new manual of arms. Things like having to hold the mechanism down to put it together and the stupid triangle selector. The install is also harder. The Franklin acts just like a normal AR, and the selectior acts like a normal AR
Have you ever installed a binary on a PDW? They look like they'd be the ultimate platform for one, in a real self defense situation they'd pack that two round burst in a trigger pull and release.

Nice! Did you have to change the buffer tube to make it run correctly? The Saint Edge BCG is M4/M16 isn't it?
No, the PDW uses a proprietary bolt that is similar the the Maxim Defense bolt. It is shorter than a standard AR bolt and the buffer fits inside the bolt carrier and lives in the upper, not the buffer tube. Thats why on the PDW you have to push both the take down pins to remove the whole upper to remove the bolt same as the Maxim PDX. Springfield and Maxim teamed up to release the PDW so the PDW and PDX share DNA. The PDX was originally designed to try to win the Socom PDW contract for personal defense weapons for the teir 1 community. there are plenty of videos of the little Maxim guns running full auto. So a double tab is no problem. Smaller bolt or not, It still travels the full length and cycles the same as any other AR. By the time you could even think about letting go of the trigger to let the second binary trigger action happen the gun itself has been back in battery waiting for the slow human to react.
Now adding a suppressor would change things, and Maxim warns users that it is a no No. Look up the full auto PDX it looks like a wild ride.

No, the PDW uses a proprietary bolt that is similar the the Maxim Defense bolt. It is shorter than a standard AR bolt and the buffer fits inside the bolt carrier and lives in the upper, not the buffer tube. Thats why on the PDW you have to push both the take down pins to remove the whole upper to remove the bolt same as the Maxim PDX. Springfield and Maxim teamed up to release the PDW so the PDW and PDX share DNA. The PDX was originally designed to try to win the Socom PDW contract for personal defense weapons for the teir 1 community. there are plenty of videos of the little Maxim guns running full auto. So a double tab is no problem. Smaller bolt or not, It still travels the full length and cycles the same as any other AR. By the time you could even think about letting go of the trigger to let the second binary trigger action happen the gun itself has been back in battery waiting for the slow human to react.
Now adding a suppressor would change things, and Maxim warns users that it is a no No. Look up the full auto PDX it looks like a wild ride.
With your Echo installations for customers were you replacing their buffer springs or were they running with out of the box buffer springs pretty well?

Sounds like Franklin might be a great option for my PDW and Echo for one of my rifles.

And it edit myself (I apologize for annoying you with so many questions), I meant did you put the Franklin Armory spring that comes with trigger in the PDW buffer, I accidentally said replace buffer tube, but I meant spring.

I pulled the trigger, so to speak, found two Franklin Armory binary triggers below website MSRP and will put them on my Edge pistol and Edge PDW.

AR-C1 for the Edge Pistol and AR-S1 for the PDW. Will update after installation.

Had a Franklin on my CZ Scorpion. Fun range toy nothing more. Made people giggle. Doesnt always fire the 2nd shot. Turns out one of the springs is too weak but can be replaced fairly easily. Its a known issue in the CZ platform. Between that and the election coming up, the whole SBR tax stamp deal and the price of ammo, we sold it at the gun show. It would burn a 50 round drum quick. Wife said just stop... dont shoot the whole drum. Turns out I didnt have that ability.

Back