testtest

Easy Deer Recipe! Venison Mushroom Cream Sauce

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Venison means any member of the deer family so the meats are interchangeable. I like this recipe especially with antelope. The mushrooms accent the mild flavor and the cream smooths out the entire sauce. This recipe works great with pheasant or rabbit as well.

Full Recipe in link below besides the vid.

SAUTÉED VENISON IN MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE

1613249544472.png

Venison means any member of the deer family so the meats are interchangeable. I like this recipe especially with antelope. The mushrooms accent the mild flavor and the cream smooths out the entire sauce. This recipe works great with pheasant or rabbit as well.

Full Recipe in link below besides the vid.

SAUTÉED VENISON IN MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE

View attachment 15070
Well @Talyn now I’m starving hungry 🤤. Thanks for that lol. Wish I would’ve been able to get out and hunt this last year so I could try that recipe. That looks and sounds delicious 🤤.

In my state you can get a permit to salvage road-killed game (providing you can find some undamaged meat), so even when hunting season is over you can still bring some meat home.

Here in Illinois you can contact your local CO. Sheriff and be put on a call list. If the driver who hit the deer doesn't want it , they will go down the list till someone takes it. I have had a few hit deer given to me and saved quite a bit of meat from them.

I haven't had any wild game meat in about 10 years but when it came to wild game meat I didn't care how it was fixed as long as it was fried and had mashed potatoes and gravy on the side. :LOL: ;)(y)

Thanks for your video and tips! Recipe sounds great!
But, still needs more catchup?
Kidding on catchup!

P.S. Making good gravy's cheap and easy. :)

Here in Illinois you can contact your local CO. Sheriff and be put on a call list. If the driver who hit the deer doesn't want it , they will go down the list till someone takes it. I have had a few hit deer given to me and saved quite a bit of meat from them.

I haven't had any wild game meat in about 10 years but when it came to wild game meat I didn't care how it was fixed as long as it was fried and had mashed potatoes and gravy on the side. :LOL: ;)(y)
10/4 on the "fried" with "mashed potatoes and gravy on the side." (y)(y)(y) I guess most any way of preparing wild game is OK, some a little better than others ....... but hands down 'fried' is the way to go for this ol' country boy.

Back