testtest

First Look! New Springfield Ronin

Why do they call it an Operator when it has no rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My guess is that it's their product so they can call it what ever they want to.
Just like Sig naming the 357SIG.... ain't a 357, it's a 9mm.... they of course were attempting to duplicate the stats of a 357 Mag in an auto cartridge.

Its really to bad SACS's does not do checkering . This would be a great candidate
to be upgraded with checkering . Its good looking , 9mm and 45acp , sights are nice
. No ambi , everything you want , except checkering and at 850.00 list its a great
pistol to send back to SA for custom work . SORRY would have been a great pistol
to send back to SACS for custom work if they still did it .

Has anyone else had trouble running videos from the forum on alternate platforms like IPads, etc?
Mike, cleared all my cookies & history and restarted iPad, video now works.......told ya.....gremlins....lol

1580407073746.jpeg

Hey gang, I got clearance to release this on the forum before the 12:01am embargo. The new gun is the Springfield Armory Ronin Operator, and it’s a nice looking 1911 if you ask me. It’s going to be priced at an MSRP of $850, and it (like all Springfield 1911s) has a forged frame and slide along with a hammer-forged barrel. That means you get a gun that will stand up to a ton of shooting, and all at a really good price.

The gun currently is a 5" model offered in .45 ACP (8+1) and 9mm (9+1). It’s a two-tone with a stainless steel forged frame and a blued carbon steel forged slide. The flats are polished, with the rest getting a nice matte finish.

It has all the modern features you expect on a 1911 (like a beavertail grip safety with “memory bump”, a fiber optic front/tactical rack white dot rear sight system, an extended safety lever, forward cocking serrations on the slide, etc.) and laminate wood grips. Also, the magazine has a nice basepad extension.

See the pics below and let everybody know what you think!
Hey gang, I got clearance to release this on the forum before the 12:01am embargo. The new gun is the Springfield Armory Ronin Operator, and it’s a nice looking 1911 if you ask me. It’s going to be priced at an MSRP of $850, and it (like all Springfield 1911s) has a forged frame and slide along with a hammer-forged barrel. That means you get a gun that will stand up to a ton of shooting, and all at a really good price.

The gun currently is a 5" model offered in .45 ACP (8+1) and 9mm (9+1). It’s a two-tone with a stainless steel forged frame and a blued carbon steel forged slide. The flats are polished, with the rest getting a nice matte finish.

It has all the modern features you expect on a 1911 (like a beavertail grip safety with “memory bump”, a fiber optic front/tactical rack white dot rear sight system, an extended safety lever, forward cocking serrations on the slide, etc.) and laminate wood grips. Also, the magazine has a nice basepad extension.

See the pics below and let everybody know what you think!

Just bought one. Three issues.
1) The wood grips are WAY too thin, why didn’t I notice this at the store?? Adrenaline?? IDK.
2) There is a shiny pencil point sized scratch on the top. Is there any type of paint to make it go bye-bye? It’s bugging the hell out of me. Shiny bright tiny silver dot right in front of the rear sight. Yeah, I know, OCD, or something. A black Sharpie is really dark blue, doesn’t match. Need some kind of paint. Wish it was all silver colored. But damn does it shoot good!!
3) The trigger has a very slight bit of creep before the wall. New trigger? Needs to be broken in? No trigger adj. screw on it as my Kimber has. Bought it at Cabela’s, you cannot try the trigger before buying, non-removable trigger lock, until you leave the store 😡😔.

I‘ve gotten two different responses to this question: Do I just start shooing it out of the box? Already have shot one mag. Or, clean and oil the slide rails before shooting it? Is it better to let the metal polish each other? Or, lube them? With oil or grease? And was it supposed to come with a tool to disassemble the mainspring catch? Is it missing?? Only other issue is the mag release button. It is HEAVY! Seriously! Even with no mag in it. Must use a 20 pound spring in it! Not joking! But it is so good looking! And accurate!!

Than you all!! Brand new here, first Springfield 1911. X-mas gift to myself. 😊

Just bought one. Three issues.
1) The wood grips are WAY too thin, why didn’t I notice this at the store?? Adrenaline?? IDK.
2) There is a shiny pencil point sized scratch on the top. Is there any type of paint to make it go bye-bye? It’s bugging the hell out of me. Shiny bright tiny silver dot right in front of the rear sight. Yeah, I know, OCD, or something. A black Sharpie is really dark blue, doesn’t match. Need some kind of paint. Wish it was all silver colored. But damn does it shoot good!!
3) The trigger has a very slight bit of creep before the wall. New trigger? Needs to be broken in? No trigger adj. screw on it as my Kimber has. Bought it at Cabela’s, you cannot try the trigger before buying, non-removable trigger lock, until you leave the store 😡😔.

I‘ve gotten two different responses to this question: Do I just start shooing it out of the box? Already have shot one mag. Or, clean and oil the slide rails before shooting it? Is it better to let the metal polish each other? Or, lube them? With oil or grease? And was it supposed to come with a tool to disassemble the mainspring catch? Is it missing?? Only other issue is the mag release button. It is HEAVY! Seriously! Even with no mag in it. Must use a 20 pound spring in it! Not joking! But it is so good looking! And accurate!!

Than you all!! Brand new here, first Springfield 1911. X-mas gift to myself. 😊
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas. A lot of opinions on shoot before or after cleaning and lubing a new gun, most would say definitely clean and lube, this is something I do.
Oil or grease? For the longest time I just oiled after cleaning, now I oil the internal parts and put synthetic red Mobile one grease on the slide rails.
Mag release, put some oil from the outside and let it migrate into the mechanism and work the release button to loosen it up, you can also put some grease on the mechanism on the inside using a toothpick or cleaning swab with the cotton tip removed, it will loosen up.
If you think your missing something contact, call them don’t email Springfield customer service and they will take care of you.
(800) 680-6866
Enjoy your new gun.

Last edited:
Back