testtest

What is Your Favorite Outdoor Clothing/Gear Brand?

Classified

Professional
Founding Member
I am curious, there are so many brands, styles, and philosophies that make brands unique.

Which are you favorites and why?
Here is my list:

5.11: great foot wear and innovative CCW clothing.

Blackhawk: pants have wider legs and strong gussets.

Carhart: tough and comfortable

Columbia: good design but too tight, great moisture wicking capabilities, a bit over priced though

Fjällräven: fit, finish, quality and thought that goes into a product, I love their 'napoleon & rabbit pocket' incorporation.

UFPro: excellent products, innovative and well executed design. Fit, finish and function is superb. Not to mention free 3 day shipping from Slovenia.

Last edited:
I have some Fjällräven gear. I really like their Vidda Pro pants, but their Abisko pants don't work for me.

Fjällrävens' sizing is a bit weird and hard to figure out.
I got lucky and found the brand while in Europe where they are sold like levis here. I think the jackets are great. I suppose my 'European size' also has something to do with the fit.

Having done a tour of duty at my Dad's service station the winner was always Carhart.

Now days it has to another company..... just for their super duper commercials:

ballroom jeans.jpg

Duluth Trading that is!!

I have some 5.11 that I like to wear around but a couple of the latest pairs that I have bought the cut seems to have changed. I bought some tru-specs that were comfortable and they have a nice magazine pocket that will also fit my phone in it and it is a slot pocket without a flap.

I prefer moisture-wicking, quick-dry clothing in the warmer months, and the shirt brands are mainly UA (Under Armour), and the BCG and Magellan "house" brands from Academy Sports. Pants are normally Columbia (quick-dry capabilities also). I've looked at 5.11 and Duluth, I just don't care for their [higher] prices.

Shoes for water activities, yard work, general outdoor wear, are a well-worn pair from Keen that have been discontinued, so I'm on the lookout for something (from Keen hopefully) to replace them.

I've had pretty good luck with Salomon and Merrell footwear in terms of both wear and weatherproofing.

Marmot outerwear have kept me dry and warm, both three-seasons as well as for the winter months.

In terms of jeans, I've really liked the Duluth Ballroom Flex: a childhood and early-adulthood spent in martial arts means that even though I'm now rather portly, I still am decently flexible (think Kung-Fu Panda). As a result, I used to routinely split my jeans straight up the crotch while in various firearms training classes. Since I switched to the Duluth Ballroom Flex, I have yet to have that problem. That said, I've always wanted to try a pair of Chuck Norris Kicking Jeans.......

I have a bit of a glove fetish, even though I rarely wear them in my daily life (with the exception of the latex/nitrile exam gloves that I have to wear as a part of my job). I literally have a pair of gloves for every occasion: I know, weird, right? 😅 Overall for shooting, I really like the SKD Tactical PIG FDT line - between myself and my daughter, we own and shoot with every model that they offer aside from the High Altitude Glove. I have yet to try to shoot handgun with the Cold Weather Glove, but my daughter liked them a lot, shooting for about 3 hours during a 20-deg. day a few weeks ago. For everyday use, I've really liked Outdoor Research - their various shooting-oriented gloves are also very nice. I've also found Magpul's gloves to be excellent as well.

For warmer weather, I find UnderArmor's Heat Gear line to have worked really well for me. Their Cold Gear line continues to be my go-to for base-layers in the winter.

I've had pretty good luck with Salomon and Merrell footwear in terms of both wear and weatherproofing.

Marmot outerwear have kept me dry and warm, both three-seasons as well as for the winter months.

In terms of jeans, I've really liked the Duluth Ballroom Flex: a childhood and early-adulthood spent in martial arts means that even though I'm now rather portly, I still am decently flexible (think Kung-Fu Panda). As a result, I used to routinely split my jeans straight up the crotch while in various firearms training classes. Since I switched to the Duluth Ballroom Flex, I have yet to have that problem. That said, I've always wanted to try a pair of Chuck Norris Kicking Jeans.......

I have a bit of a glove fetish, even though I rarely wear them in my daily life (with the exception of the latex/nitrile exam gloves that I have to wear as a part of my job). I literally have a pair of gloves for every occasion: I know, weird, right? 😅 Overall for shooting, I really like the SKD Tactical PIG FDT line - between myself and my daughter, we own and shoot with every model that they offer aside from the High Altitude Glove. I have yet to try to shoot handgun with the Cold Weather Glove, but my daughter liked them a lot, shooting for about 3 hours during a 20-deg. day a few weeks ago. For everyday use, I've really liked Outdoor Research - their various shooting-oriented gloves are also very nice. I've also found Magpul's gloves to be excellent as well.

For warmer weather, I find UnderArmor's Heat Gear line to have worked really well for me. Their Cold Gear line continues to be my go-to for base-layers in the winter.
"For warmer weather, I find UnderArmor's Heat Gear line to have worked really well for me. Their Cold Gear line continues to be my go-to for base-layers in the winter."

Ditto 👍

I have some 5.11 that I like to wear around but a couple of the latest pairs that I have bought the cut seems to have changed. I bought some tru-specs that were comfortable and they have a nice magazine pocket that will also fit my phone in it and it is a slot pocket without a flap.
I like the look of 5.11s, they just seem to be to tight in all the wrong places.

I like the look of 5.11s, they just seem to be to tight in all the wrong places.
Consider getting some LAPG pants. They are just like 5.11 and 1/2 the price. LAPG has many variations and options in their tactical pants. Here is a link for one style.

Back