testtest

Peak Performance: The New XD-M Elite

As I don't want or need another 9mm, I'll just stick with my XDE-45 and my H&K 45T. They have all the knock down power I need and want from a handgun for EDC and home defense. The HK is one of, if not the, most accurate handguns straight out of the box that I have ever owned. It's capable of 1/2" groupings at 50 yards right out of the box, just like the Mark 23 is. No offense, but, the only reason I would ever buy a striker fired weapon is if; external hammer weapons with manual safeties were illegal to own or are no longer being made.

Gun Talk discusses the Springfield Armory new XD-M Elite series and gives their take on them (7:35 minute mark), after some intro on Virginia 2A rally and giveaways and such. Total run time about 24 minutes. This was recorded before 2020 Shot Show. Some confusion on new mags fitting into old XD-M pistols (Gun Talk's KJ said no, while comment below spoke of another video that showed yes). He may have been confused after stating (what was discussed on this thread already), the old mags wouldn't work on the new series due to mag well.

One reason I buy Glocks are for the easy customizing of them. I do have S&W, Sig, Springfield, Walther, FN and Mag Research. The S&W and MR have some options for them, but have not found any for the others besides Glock.

I'll likely get a Elite 5.25 Precision for my practical pistol usage, and move my two XDm Competitions to exclusive EDC use. Although I could use the Precision for that also. In that case I'll have to get a cross-draw so I can accommodate all three. ;)

I run Arredondo extensions on my 19 rd. XDm Competition mags so I wonder if they'd be GTG with that new magwell.
Ankle, chest and hip will get it covered!

As I don't want or need another 9mm, I'll just stick with my XDE-45 and my H&K 45T. They have all the knock down power I need and want from a handgun for EDC and home defense. The HK is one of, if not the, most accurate handguns straight out of the box that I have ever owned. It's capable of 1/2" groupings at 50 yards right out of the box, just like the Mark 23 is. No offense, but, the only reason I would ever buy a striker fired weapon is if; external hammer weapons with manual safeties were illegal to own or are no longer being made.
If you could make your xde45 a 10mm by complete slide assembly and mag change would you do it?

Man, those new XD-M Elite's look pretty good! A 22 rounder from the factory is really impressive. I wonder how much longer they are in overall height over the ones with the shorter magwell and 20-round magazine? Think you could CCW one of those things, or would you need to go with the 20 rounders with the 4.5 or the 3.8 instead?

Gun Talk discusses the Springfield Armory new XD-M Elite series and gives their take on them (7:35 minute mark), after some intro on Virginia 2A rally and giveaways and such. Total run time about 24 minutes. This was recorded before 2020 Shot Show. Some confusion on new mags fitting into old XD-M pistols (Gun Talk's KJ said no, while comment below spoke of another video that showed yes). He may have been confused after stating (what was discussed on this thread already), the old mags wouldn't work on the new series due to mag well.

Yes, old mag will not fully lock into place with the Elite mag well installed. But if you shave the old base pads you can gain the clearance needed. New Elite mags will work with the older XDM’s no problem. Interesting fact the Elite mags will aslo work with my Pistol Gear competition magwell on a “classic XDM”.

This is #1 on my list. 5.25.

Can anyone explain why they are cheaper than supposedly lesser models?
SA was able to reduce the price of the Elite series by not bundling it with a suitcase full of stuff that most of us don't need. My Elite 5.25 Precision came in a cardboard box with just 3 mags and a zippered gun rug. As for me, I'll take the savings over stuff!

I posted a writeup in the XDTalk Forums on my new XD-M Elite 5.25 Precision, but the gist of it is that the new Elite is simply awesome!

25-yard initial sighting from the bench (5-rounds):
r8krFUDl.jpg

10-yard off-hand group for fun:
zX9R58Sl.jpg

Back