testtest

Hellcat Torture Test: 10K Rounds of 9mm +P

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY Hellcat who recommended replacing the Recoil Spring at 2000 rounds and did you do it while preforming your torture test ?

Hellcat certainly going to be my next purchase. Envious about the 10,000 rounds and since you can’t take it with you, why not shoot it if you got it...right?

Filed under sarcasm and silliness/You’re Killin’me Smalls:
10,000 x $1.50 ppr = Torture (pending availability of course)

Great test and report!

Big ups to Underwood for supplying nearly eight grand worth of ammo (retail, per their website)! I can only dream of having that much ;)

Would love a Hellcat OSP, but just need to shoot one before, er, pulling the trigger on that purchase :ROFLMAO:

It’s probably all those threads where people are telling them not to shoot a bunch of 9mm NATO out of their guns unless they want to wear them out.

There's a difference, but?

How many malfunctions, and what caused them? Did you replace the recoil spring, as asked above, or any other parts? Did you clean it and how often?

How many malfunctions, and what caused them? Did you replace the recoil spring, as asked above, or any other parts? Did you clean it and how often?
Watched some of it.

9 malfunctions, sound like user-induced (one person had all 9 malfunctions).

Recoil spring replaced every 2k rounds, according to their protocol.

No mention of any other parts needing to be replaced, that I saw.

Cleaned every 1000 rounds, oiled every 500 rounds, according to their protocol.

Said they sent it back to Springfield Armory to be inspected by their engineers, but no mention of the outcome of that (e.g., any non-visible stress fractures or other problems).

Attachments

• IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 82
Back