testtest

Shout Out to SA Customer Service

PaulieDC

Elite
Sorry, this will be a tad long, hope your coffee is hot... Got my first gun in December 2020, 1911 Range Officer. Waited 5 months to find one actually. Covid was screaming through AZ starting then, so I spent a couple months handling/getting familiar/racking/etc, no shooting range yet (I know, I know...). I'm new, no experience but it didn't "feel right". I see people in vids release the slide with the safety with a thumb, and mine wouldn't budge. Racking it was stupid stiff. ANYWAY, I found Wright Armory, gunsmith in Tempe, AZ, in the end of Feb and for 65 bucks they do a pull-apart and full inspection, smooth burrs, etc. Worth it to me before I fire it. They had 350 firearms to work on ahead of mine, took them 6 weeks to get to it. Mid April it's done and they tell me the hammer is following and they even got a double fire. The guy racked the slide a couple times and sure enough the hammer followed the rack. Bad Sear, maybe Trigger also. Obviously it now has to go to Springfield Warranty service (4 months with a new gun and still haven't fired it, lol). I get it, they are cranking out guns off the line, things happen. Here's what I expected when I called Springfield, just based on every other company: "Well, did they show you the problem? Are you able to repeat it? Has the gun been dropped or mishandled?", blah blah blah. INSTEAD, The woman Penne in SA Customer Service immediately said that it was a safety hazard and get it back to them right away. In 30 seconds I had a prepaid fully insured 2-Day FedEx label in my email. The standard email said repairs take 4-5 weeks. Ugh. No choice obviously, sent it in. Happy to report they turned the gun around in a little over a week. New sear, rebuilt, test fired, etc. 36 or so hours after the email was sent, FedEx pulled up and the gun was home. It's the same 1911 but it's like a different gun now! Everything works so smoothly and it isn't even broken in yet. The slide action is way smoother, I can release the safety with my thumb like I SHOULD, and it just feels GREAT. And I have no idea what I'm talking about but I can tell. Long road but SA didn't just fix it, they took it seriously and I KNOW they spent a little time on it during reassembly because this thing feels SO different now. Yay Customer Service.

Could you imagine if I went to the range (with a friend who's a longtime gun owner of course) and in my first few shots it double fires? Little unnerving to say the least. Glad that didn't happen and very glad SA did a second build on it. 👍

Personally I think gun manufacturers have exemplary customer service compared to other industries. Dunno if it’s the tight market/competition or perhaps the potential for liability, but I’ve heard far more success stories like this than spoilers.
Glad it worked out Paulie!

Sorry, this will be a tad long, hope your coffee is hot... Got my first gun in December 2020, 1911 Range Officer. Waited 5 months to find one actually. Covid was screaming through AZ starting then, so I spent a couple months handling/getting familiar/racking/etc, no shooting range yet (I know, I know...). I'm new, no experience but it didn't "feel right". I see people in vids release the slide with the safety with a thumb, and mine wouldn't budge. Racking it was stupid stiff. ANYWAY, I found Wright Armory, gunsmith in Tempe, AZ, in the end of Feb and for 65 bucks they do a pull-apart and full inspection, smooth burrs, etc. Worth it to me before I fire it. They had 350 firearms to work on ahead of mine, took them 6 weeks to get to it. Mid April it's done and they tell me the hammer is following and they even got a double fire. The guy racked the slide a couple times and sure enough the hammer followed the rack. Bad Sear, maybe Trigger also. Obviously it now has to go to Springfield Warranty service (4 months with a new gun and still haven't fired it, lol). I get it, they are cranking out guns off the line, things happen. Here's what I expected when I called Springfield, just based on every other company: "Well, did they show you the problem? Are you able to repeat it? Has the gun been dropped or mishandled?", blah blah blah. INSTEAD, The woman Penne in SA Customer Service immediately said that it was a safety hazard and get it back to them right away. In 30 seconds I had a prepaid fully insured 2-Day FedEx label in my email. The standard email said repairs take 4-5 weeks. Ugh. No choice obviously, sent it in. Happy to report they turned the gun around in a little over a week. New sear, rebuilt, test fired, etc. 36 or so hours after the email was sent, FedEx pulled up and the gun was home. It's the same 1911 but it's like a different gun now! Everything works so smoothly and it isn't even broken in yet. The slide action is way smoother, I can release the safety with my thumb like I SHOULD, and it just feels GREAT. And I have no idea what I'm talking about but I can tell. Long road but SA didn't just fix it, they took it seriously and I KNOW they spent a little time on it during reassembly because this thing feels SO different now. Yay Customer Service.

Could you imagine if I went to the range (with a friend who's a longtime gun owner of course) and in my first few shots it double fires? Little unnerving to say the least. Glad that didn't happen and very glad SA did a second build on it. 👍
My question is how in hell did a piece like that go out the SA door?
Great CS, not so great QC??

My question is how in hell did a piece like that go out the SA door?
Great CS, not so great QC??
I wondered about that too, Sumpin.
could’ve been any number of things from an FNG on his first week in the shop to a QC reject unit mistakenly getting in a shipment. Probably a freak combination of things... We all gotta operate “lean” these days and learn to “work more efficiently “ blah blah blah.

It does make one wonder. Would hope that anything like this happening quickly raises awareness and gets attention at SA.

Personally I think gun manufacturers have exemplary customer service compared to other industries. Dunno if it’s the tight market/competition or perhaps the potential for liability, but I’ve heard far more success stories like this than spoilers.
Glad it worked out Paulie!
Well don't you believe the legal department was delighted that CS excelled rather than the mishap that could have happened resulting in a lawsuit?

Read your post, one piece of advice on a 1911, you are not supposed to drop the hammer on an empty chamber, after time it will mess the sear and hammer engagement up resulting in the hammer following the slide down, just an FYI since you got your pistol repaired.

Read your post, one piece of advice on a 1911, you are not supposed to drop the hammer on an empty chamber, after time it will mess the sear and hammer engagement up resulting in the hammer following the slide down, just an FYI since you got your pistol repaired.
Oops, I meant to say, your not supposed to drop the slide on an empty chamber, after time it will mess the sear and hammer engagement up resulting in the hammer following the slide down, just an FYI since you got your pistol repaired. Don’t know how this auto insert on my iPhone came up with hammer when I typed slide, sorry for any confusion

Correct, I never do that. I picked up on that in the very beginning… I did buy some snap caps in December but I’ve not even fired on those yet.

Oops, I meant to say, your not supposed to drop the slide on an empty chamber, after time it will mess the sear and hammer engagement up resulting in the hammer following the slide down, just an FYI since you got your pistol repaired. Don’t know how this auto insert on my iPhone came up with hammer when I typed slide, sorry for any confusion
Ah, ok, good to know! I’ve only done that once after I got it back because I now could, lol. But once only to test that. 👍🏼

Ah, ok, good to know! I’ve only done that once after I got it back because I now could, lol. But once only to test that. 👍🏼
DD8F7092-82D6-4021-A1F2-37935F89A54F.jpeg

Reading the post #12 with the print out of "Do's and Don't's" of the 1911, and reading of the recommendations for when to change out the recoil springs, I got to thinking about my Hellcat and whether or not the same or similar recommendations apply to it. I've have read the entire owner's manual, several times actually but don't remember ever seeing anything about this. Is it in the book, and if so what are the recommendations? Unfortunately I don't have ready access to my book for the next few weeks.

It's not likely I would even come close to any number of rounds requiring a replacement of the spring/s within the next year, but it would ease my feeble mind just knowing. :):oops:o_O Yep, I really did say 'feeble' !!! :ROFLMAO:

Reading the post #12 with the print out of "Do's and Don't's" of the 1911, and reading of the recommendations for when to change out the recoil springs, I got to thinking about my Hellcat and whether or not the same or similar recommendations apply to it. I've have read the entire owner's manual, several times actually but don't remember ever seeing anything about this. Is it in the book, and if so what are the recommendations? Unfortunately I don't have ready access to my book for the next few weeks.

It's not likely I would even come close to any number of rounds requiring a replacement of the spring/s within the next year, but it would ease my feeble mind just knowing. :):oops:o_O Yep, I really did say 'feeble' !!! :ROFLMAO:
Most strikers I think the RSA is recommended to be changed around 5000 rounds.

Back