testtest

Help me find a gun

Grumps

Operator
I have given up on finding a Hellcat RDP, but Im still in the market for something new.
I'm looking for a compact (or sub compact) "red dot" ready and with a threaded barrel, and under 1,000.
so far I have only found 2 (I think) that have what I am looking for.
1. the FN 509 Compact Tactical
2. Canik TP9 Elite Combat.

I guess there are more that I just have not found, but my google fu is lacking it seems.
any suggestions I could look for.

I have given up on finding a Hellcat RDP, but Im still in the market for something new.
I'm looking for a compact (or sub compact) "red dot" ready and with a threaded barrel, and under 1,000.

I guess there are more that I just have not found, but my google fu is lacking it seems.

It all depends. On what you're seeking, that can be a toughy all in one package in this market. It's not like everything's available everywhere just because someone wants a particular one or saw something in or on display online. Are you looking to purchase online and have it shipped to your LGS as well as scouting around at local sources? If local, is dependent on stock on hand or what you dealer can actually source for you depending on availability? It's about the same for online shops, it all depends on what's available from them or for them to order for you to be shipped to your LGS.

There's many personal preferences that range from person to person, gun to gun. Something may well do great for one person, but not the next. I do my own research for myself because firearms fit and function differently for each individual. Minimally, check out one you like or are interested in at an LGS or from a friend 1st for fit and function 1st if you can locate one. Then, possibly purchase the model you like if .... one's available.

You have a good start with a couple of choices to narrow down the odds in your favor to go by. If you narrow down the odds further by going without a threaded barrel for example, you raise your odds of finding something sooner. You may also be able to find a threaded barrel for HG you purchase at a later date? Best of luck in your search!!!!

NOTE: These are the models sold by SA and suggested MSRP, they are not for sale at Springfield Armory.
If you haven't checked them out already, this is a link to Springfield Armory's current Handgun model selection:

Go to gunbroker.com There are 25 Hellcat RDPs listed there.

PSA had RDP’s for $899 just the other day on their email blast.

Those are tough choices. Both are good guns. I personally would go with the Canik. I know more about that one than the FN. I remember reading somewhere the Canik irons can be swapped with standard Glock irons. Which opens up to a wide variety of irons. I personally like having suppressor hight sights to co whitness with the optic. Just incase the optic fails or breaks.

Hi @Grumps ! Don’t give up on the RDP. Clearly new so flying off shelf. Like someone said I PSA had them for 899 listed. You will find one. I signed up for an alert from a few sites and jumped when I got the alert.

It is really fun, BUT if you don’t care about the compensator (which is pretty innovative) then you can take an OSP hellcat and get a True barrel for 150 bucks. I am seeing hellcat OSPs online for 499 and no tax (Message me and I will send you some). Then you also have red dot choices.

I am jumping on the 3.8 compact OSP bandwagon. I always wanted one of those and the OSP version put me over. There are barrels and comps out there as well for it, but I can’t run a suppressor in my state and I feel like it is big enough without a Comp to carry. Lots of optic options there of course too.

building it is half the fun anyway Right?!

Hi @Grumps ! Don’t give up on the RDP. Clearly new so flying off shelf. Like someone said I PSA had them for 899 listed. You will find one. I signed up for an alert from a few sites and jumped when I got the alert.

It is really fun, BUT if you don’t care about the compensator (which is pretty innovative) then you can take an OSP hellcat and get a True barrel for 150 bucks. I am seeing hellcat OSPs online for 499 and no tax (Message me and I will send you some). Then you also have red dot choices.

I am jumping on the 3.8 compact OSP bandwagon. I always wanted one of those and the OSP version put me over. There are barrels and comps out there as well for it, but I can’t run a suppressor in my state and I feel like it is big enough without a Comp to carry. Lots of optic options there of course too.

building it is half the fun anyway Right?!

manufacturer site for hellcat threaded barrel

They also carry threaded for glocks and sig.

Lots of independent sites have the threaded in stock.

How long have you been trying to find the Hellcat RPD?
If that is what you want - be patient; set up alerts for "in stock" on different websites; let your LGS know you want one/get on their list to call when one comes in.

Also - depends on what you are willing to pay. If your budget is higher than your patience, you can probably find the Hellcat pretty quick.

Well last night I had a very fun trip to the range.
Im a member at a shoot point blank, so I get free gun rentals 😀, and and I went through more guns last night then ever.
But one down side to it that was, I realized the hellcat is too small for me.
I did side by side shooting, and even guns I never handled before, I had better control and groupings with.
While I love my Hellcat, I have decided I need a bigger gun.
I just wise that the extended mags were about 1 inch longer.
No fear, my daughter will be very happy to adopt my cat.

Well last night I had a very fun trip to the range.
Im a member at a shoot point blank, so I get free gun rentals 😀, and and I went through more guns last night then ever.
But one down side to it that was, I realized the hellcat is too small for me.
I did side by side shooting, and even guns I never handled before, I had better control and groupings with.
While I love my Hellcat, I have decided I need a bigger gun.
I just wise that the extended mags were about 1 inch longer.
No fear, my daughter will be very happy to adopt my cat.

Am thinking Hyve Technology has mag extensions that may help?
If remember right they slightly increase capacity and also slightly increase length.

Springfield Armory just cam out with 15 rounds magazines. Adds 1/4 inch to the grip length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps, in case you're near South East Denver, I just sold my Canik TP9 Elite Combat to the Centennial Gun Club. Vortex Viper mounted, 3 extra mags.

Back