testtest

The Arsenal of Democracy’s Oversized Training Guns

Very neat article.

My father is 82 and served in the Corps from ‘58-62.

To this day you can hand him a Garand to field strip and ask him to recite his ID on command and he can do both in a heartbeat. I watched him several yrs ago for fun dismantle/ field strip and lay out on the floor the Garand effortlessly blindfolded just to see if he still had it down like in boot camp.

9B26C756-3134-41D4-936A-14526868F801.jpeg

Don’t know if this exactly fits with the double sized trainers, but this was an army cutaway made from wood for the 1911 pistol with working slide, hammer trigger, and firing pin, etc. Much larger than double size, its mounted on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Its from FM21-8 Military Training Aids manual.

Does anyone have — or know where I can find — a magazine for a m1918a2 cutaway? maybe dimensions or specs of I have to have one made…

View attachment 19756
Don’t know if this exactly fits with the double sized trainers, but this was an army cutaway made from wood for the 1911 pistol with working slide, hammer trigger, and firing pin, etc. Much larger than double size, its mounted on a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Its from FM21-8 Military Training Aids manual.
That is awesome

Back