testtest

Finally found my Ronin!!

ddeuce22

Professional
Despite the issues i've been having with my .308, I still pressed on in my search for a Ronin for my first 1911, Something about the aesthetics and feel just really piqued my interest and this was the one I just had to have. Couldn't believe it when I found it at the same place I found my .308, and at a very reasonable price. I am very excited about this one. Still needs to be stripped and cleaned so ignore all that factory gunk. I haven't figured out how to explain it to the g/f quite yet. Also, suggestions on holsters and/or defensive rounds are very welcome!!

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Full Monty.jpg

Despite the issues i've been having with my .308, I still pressed on in my search for a Ronin for my first 1911, Something about the aesthetics and feel just really piqued my interest and this was the one I just had to have. Couldn't believe it when I found it at the same place I found my .308, and at a very reasonable price. I am very excited about this one. Still needs to be stripped and cleaned so ignore all that factory gunk. I haven't figured out how to explain it to the g/f quite yet. Also, suggestions on holsters and/or defensive rounds are very welcome!!

View attachment 17878

View attachment 17879

View attachment 17880
Very nice!!!!(y)(y)
With GF? Teaching and encouraging her to shoot may be explanation enough?

Hah, She won't be thrilled that I bought another one after we just bought a house and are having the floors redone, but I wasn't leaving this one on the shelf. Will have to break it to her in due time lol.

Like a Band-Aid. Just rip it off, get it over with.

As far as defense ammo, you know the drill. Every gun is different. You'll have to try different rounds to see what your gun likes. I have a pile of .45s, including a few 1911s. I had issues with Hornady CD in a couple of them. They all eat 230 gr. Federal HST like candy though. Personally, given the current ammo situation I would start out with HST. Load some magazines and cycle it through the gun. Pull the slide back and let it go and slam forward with full force. This is as close as you can get to the force it will operate when firing. Make sure it feeds and extracts and the slide remains open after the last round is kicked out. I would also get several boxes of target ammo ( Winchester 230 gr. white box always works well for me). Then go to the range, shoot a box of target ammo through it. Then shoot the box of HST through it. If all goes well, buy another box or two of HST. That's just the way I would do it.

As for holsters I would go with a nice leather OWB or shoulder rig if you prefer.

View attachment 17878

View attachment 17879

View attachment 17880
My Fave !!!
Always delighted to see someone get one of these and post it here ...
Can’t help much with holsters, but for ammo I only run Sig Elite Performance 230gr FMJ (occasionally some S&B).. if I was going to use defensive ammo, I’d simply go over to the Sig Elite Perf JHP.
Best of luck with it !

View attachment 17878

View attachment 17879

View attachment 17880
Very nice 1911, those Ronin’s are great guns, enjoy

I consider you very lucky indeed. I have been looking for quite a while for the Ronin 4.25" 9mm. When Battle hawk received some I did not buy in time and they were gone. They advertised the gun at $110. below what the buy price was when it was back in stock. Once they sold out they dropped the price again. It put me off enough that I didn't buy right away and now I can't find one anywhere. Lesson learned I guess. Still dosn't feel right to me. Who needs deceptive advertising by gun dealers? Just list the real price. Am I wrong here? Anyway does anybody know where to get the 9117L or anyone know when one might be available? They are still in production right? Anybody want to sell one? This is The gun I want to carry. Second Question... My wife wants a gun... Should I get her a 9mm in a small size (micro) or just get her a 380 or 22. I don't have a 9mm yet just my 45 and don't want her to shoot it and decide she hates to shoot because of the kick in a 45. Am I wrong about this approach? She does have wrist pain from her job and more wrist pain would put her out of work. She still wants a gun. She thinks America is on the cusp of complete fracture. I would welcome a few opinions.

@BET7 Thank you!

I stripped and cleaned it today. Was my first time taking apart a 1911. I was a bit nervous. All went well until the slide stop. Took me a minute to figure it out. I ALMOST got the idiot scratch, but I had seen that mentioned a few times here and as I put the stop in I was like OH WAIT this is what they are talking about.

I've not handled a huge amount of handguns, but when I stripped this and really got to see it... What a beautiful goddamn gun. Gave me a new appreciation for the design and build. Super excited.

@BET7 Thank you!

I stripped and cleaned it today. Was my first time taking apart a 1911. I was a bit nervous. All went well until the slide stop. Took me a minute to figure it out. I ALMOST got the idiot scratch, but I had seen that mentioned a few times here and as I put the stop in I was like OH WAIT this is what they are talking about.

I've not handled a huge amount of handguns, but when I stripped this and really got to see it... What a beautiful goddamn gun. Gave me a new appreciation for the design and build. Super excited.
I stripped and cleaned a few, and yes, I’m guilty of getting an idiot scratch on my first reassembly 🤦‍♂️, hey it happens🤷‍♂️;)

I stripped and cleaned a few, and yes, I’m guilty of getting an idiot scratch on my first reassembly 🤦‍♂️, hey it happens🤷‍♂️;)

If I hadn't seen it mentioned before, absolutely would have scratched it to hell.

Also, it's insanely tough to actuate the slide release, i'm assuming this will break in and get easier once i put a few hundred rounds through it? Have not shot it yet.

Hey Deuce, wanted to mention something: if u haven’t already found it, look in your box for the tiny zip lock bag with two extra replacement Fiber Optic tube for your sights. One green, one red.
In my excitement of getting my Ronins a year ago I almost overlooked those. One was easy to find, the other’d got crammed up against the side of the box in the compartment where the cable lock was.

I consider you very lucky indeed. I have been looking for quite a while for the Ronin 4.25" 9mm. When Battle hawk received some I did not buy in time and they were gone. They advertised the gun at $110. below what the buy price was when it was back in stock. Once they sold out they dropped the price again. It put me off enough that I didn't buy right away and now I can't find one anywhere. Lesson learned I guess. Still dosn't feel right to me. Who needs deceptive advertising by gun dealers? Just list the real price. Am I wrong here? Anyway does anybody know where to get the 9117L or anyone know when one might be available? They are still in production right? Anybody want to sell one? This is The gun I want to carry. Second Question... My wife wants a gun... Should I get her a 9mm in a small size (micro) or just get her a 380 or 22. I don't have a 9mm yet just my 45 and don't want her to shoot it and decide she hates to shoot because of the kick in a 45. Am I wrong about this approach? She does have wrist pain from her job and more wrist pain would put her out of work. She still wants a gun. She thinks America is on the cusp of complete fracture. I would welcome a few opinions.
If she is a bit recoil sensitive the most interesting new thing I have seen in 380 is the Sig p365 coming out in 380 this year. Maybe the Hellcat will follow suit which would be cool.

Hey Deuce, wanted to mention something: if u haven’t already found it, look in your box for the tiny zip lock bag with two extra replacement Fiber Optic tube for your sights. One green, one red.
In my excitement of getting my Ronins a year ago I almost overlooked those. One was easy to find, the other’d got crammed up against the side of the box in the compartment where the cable lock was.
I did see that, a long red and green filament. Kinda nice!

If I hadn't seen it mentioned before, absolutely would have scratched it to hell.

Also, it's insanely tough to actuate the slide release, i'm assuming this will break in and get easier once i put a few hundred rounds through it? Have not shot it yet.
Yes, as they break in, it gets easier. I’m still waiting for that to occur with my Desert Eagle 50AE, which is a bear to rack the slide (Double recoil springs).

Yes, as they break in, it gets easier. I’m still waiting for that to occur with my Desert Eagle 50AE, which is a bear to rack the slide (Double recoil springs).
yes, yes they are....i rented one at my range, they only had reloaded ammo, out of 20 cartridges, 2 could not pass the "plunk test"

and i swear to god, it must have taken 3 of us (one at a time) to rack that slide.

and to think, i was gonna buy one.......just so i can say..."i gots me one of'em".......

yes, yes they are....i rented one at my range, they only had reloaded ammo, out of 20 cartridges, 2 could not pass the "plunk test"

and i swear to god, it must have taken 3 of us (one at a time) to rack that slide.

and to think, i was gonna buy one.......just so i can say..."i gots me one of'em".......
Well I did get everyone’s attention shooting that fireball down the indoor range lane. Loved hearing “what the he11 was that?!” With RO informing “a 50AE DE” 😂😂

Back