testtest

Recent content by fordag

  1. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: The Pin Shoot Grand Finale

    I used Pin Grabbers when I shot pin matches in '92 and I was really happy with their performance over 230gr FMJ.
  2. fordag

    Show off your Every Day Carry!

    SA Garrison Government Model .45 w/ Black-T finish by SA, Combat sights from an Operator (rear dots blacked out, front ring painted orange), Wood Caliber rosewood grips, Hillman Anti-Slip Tape Chip McCormick 8 rnd Power Mags Galco Royal Guard 2.0 SureFire EDC1-DFT Turbo
  3. fordag

    What’s your favorite Springfield that you own.

    My Springfield Garrison. It is my EDC gun.
  4. fordag

    Discussion: Ayoob: The Pin Shoot Grand Finale

    I wish someone would bring back Pin Grabber bullets.
  5. fordag

    Discussion: Chalker Sling Review — How Does It Work?

    Introduced in 1984.... I don't think I have, until this article, ever seen one of these things. I've certainly never seen it on anyone in the thousands of SOF photos there are out there on the internet. I used to collect mail order catalogs, like Eagle Industries, read every gun magazine I...
  6. fordag

    Rusty Garrison follow up

    https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/custom-handguns They sent me a custom shop price list in May when I first contacted them about swapping sights.
  7. fordag

    Rusty Garrison follow up

    They do custom work, and I only wanted parts from a Mil-Spec put on the Garrison. I was happy to pay for the parts and the labor.
  8. fordag

    Ruger sp 101

    I really like my SP101. On occasion I carry it in a Ritchie Leather ankle holster. Buffalo Bore Heavy .38 Special +P Pistol and Handgun Ammo shoots more to point of aim in it.
  9. fordag

    add on checkered frontstrap - Wilson

    Which grip texture did you go with?
  10. fordag

    Rusty Garrison follow up

    So the Garrison went back to SA on 7 Sep. I sent it with a letter describing the issue and some additional items I wanted, and would pay to have done, trigger swap, mainspring housing swap, trigger work, grip screw swap. On 16 Oct I received an email giving me a couple of options refinish the...
  11. fordag

    Rusty Garrison, 6 day followup - rusting faster now!

    Well I called Springfield and they sent me an RMA and shipping label. The person I spoke with agreed this shouldn't be happening, he suggested they may just send me a new gun. They will call me when they receive the gun.
  12. fordag

    Rusty Garrison, 6 day followup - rusting faster now!

    I have a S&W M&P .45 Compact that I used to go kayaking with out on the ocean, I'd even swim with it in a Maxpedition pouch on my side. When I got home I'd field strip it and spray the hell out of it with WD-40 over a bucket, let it dry and then clean and lube it as usual. Never had any rust...
  13. fordag

    Rusty Garrison, 6 day followup - rusting faster now!

    Very true.
  14. fordag

    Rusty Garrison, 6 day followup - rusting faster now!

    I clean my guns with Hoppes No.9, I lubricate them with Mil-CommTW25B grease and Hoppes oil, and I wipe them down for storage with a Hoppes silicone cloth (I have several). I've been using a couple silicone cloths that I've had and a new one since getting the Garrison. I've used all of those...
  15. fordag

    Rusty Garrison, 6 day followup - rusting faster now!

    I can believe that about your friend. I've worn a high polish blued Colt in the same holster in the heat of a Florida summer when evertime you went outside you could be tracked by the drops of sweat you were leaving behind and the Colt didn't rust. So I suspect it's not that.
Back
Top