testtest

Search results

  1. C

    Discussion: AR-10 Origin Story

    Great writeup. I wish the US Armed Forces had adopted both a select-fire AR-10 and the M16
  2. C

    What’s a firearm everyone seems to love that just didn’t work for you?

    I am careful not to buy anything I am certain that I won't like. DARNED CAREFUL!
  3. C

    Discussion: Modern Take on the Self-Defense 1911 Pistol

    They are nice in both .45 ACP and 9mm, but IMHO the subject has been "done to death".
  4. C

    Discussion: Fascinating Failure: The .45 Winchester Magnum

    This cartridge had been used in the M1 Carbine platform. I can see how effective it would be for short-range deer hunting. From a 16" barrel, a 230-grain Hollow Soft Point would "slam down" a hog or Whitetail deer rather quickly (125 yards at the maximum). Lightweight and quick handling. Any...
  5. C

    Discussion: Fascinating Failure: The .45 Winchester Magnum

    The Wildey is, again, in production. The .45 Winchester Magnum can be used anywhere the .44 Reminton Magnum is un use. I feel the 10" barreled Wildey would be excellent for deer/feral hog hunting. Placed in an AR-style platform with a 16" barrel would be suitable for a 100-125-yard "woods...
  6. C

    The Story of the .30-30 Winchester: America’s Original Deer Cartridge

    You can effectively use the cartridge in the Western Oregon Coast Range. Daddy relied on his Marlin 336 chambered in .35 Remington instead of the .30-30. In the Cascades and Eastern Oregon, he used his Reminton Autoloader in .30-.06. They worked well until the day he died 51 years ago. (He...
  7. C

    Discussion: M1A for Hog Hunting

    If I hunted hogs, my sister-in-law would definitely be in jeopardy.
  8. C

    Well doesn’t this just Grind your gears.

    That made my "willie" wilt! 😟 :eek:
  9. C

    Well doesn’t this just Grind your gears.

    I don't drink alcohol either. It doesn't take much to get my hackles up. I fought those bastards during the Vietnam War.
  10. C

    What KNIFE do you carry

  11. C

    Compensated 10 mm for concealed carry?

    The upward muzzle flash as well as an enhanced muzzle blast are a definite drawback at night (when many self-defense shootings occur). This is why I am not fond of a compensated handgun. There are too many problems that accompany them. I carried a Glock Model 20 as an Armed Security Officer. I...
  12. C

    "Justice delayed is justice denied" William Ewart Gladstone

    "There's not much in this world that can't be fixed, with $5000.00 and a 30-06."
  13. C

    Compensated 10 mm for concealed carry?

    No compensators. (At least not for me.)
  14. C

    Thought 80 was the new 60

    I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK! :eek::rolleyes:
  15. C

    Thought 80 was the new 60

    I saw my doctor at the VA. He told me that he had six cases of VD in the clinic... but he's all right now.
  16. C

    Thought 80 was the new 60

    When you reach 70+, there are times you feel as if you are living at the corner of "Who Cares?" and "Why Bother?" When you are single, and your entire family has preceded you in death, sometimes it feels as if you do not matter. No real social life, and the world no longer cares to look. Life...
  17. C

    The Story of the .30-30 Winchester: America’s Original Deer Cartridge

    Don't drag my sister-in-law into this!
  18. C

    The Story of the .30-30 Winchester: America’s Original Deer Cartridge

    .32 Winchester Special, .35 Remington... Same church, different pew. PEW, PEW, PEW! ;) :)
  19. C

    Navy E/A-18G Growlers Collide At Idaho Air Show (Updated)

    I personally KNOW that squadron! They are a Returning Air Group (training) squadron that prepares personnel for sea duty with other VAQ (Electronic Warfare Aircraft) squadrons of identical configuration. You can bet the pilots involved are going to remain grounded until they can determine what...
Back
Top