testtest

Search results

  1. C

    Is anyone else fond of offerings from Argentina?

    Bersa is offering AR-15 rifles as well as handguns. Their army gets great service from them and They have some great 1911 pistols that come from their US plants.
  2. C

    I bought a CZ 83 and really like it.

    BTW, this pistol is built to take it. CZ really did it right. I want some "uber" loads for this pistol. I know that it can digest loads that equal the 9x18 Makarov. It can ruin some miscreants' entire afternoon.
  3. C

    I bought a CZ 83 and really like it.

    I just wish that i had one in 7.65 Browning. Opinions? Comments?
  4. C

    Discussion: Fascinating Failure: The .45 Winchester Magnum

    I would like to see the Auto Mag (the modern/newer iteration) chambered for the .45 Winchester Magnum cartridge. Using either an eight-or-ten-inch barrel, would make an excellent deer/black bear hunting handgun.
  5. C

    Discussion: AR-10 Origin Story

    Great writeup. I wish the US Armed Forces had adopted both a select-fire AR-10 and the M16
  6. C

    What’s a firearm everyone seems to love that just didn’t work for you?

    I am careful not to buy anything I am certain that I won't like. DARNED CAREFUL!
  7. C

    Discussion: Modern Take on the Self-Defense 1911 Pistol

    They are nice in both .45 ACP and 9mm, but IMHO the subject has been "done to death".
  8. C

    Discussion: Fascinating Failure: The .45 Winchester Magnum

    This cartridge had been used in the M1 Carbine platform. I can see how effective it would be for short-range deer hunting. From a 16" barrel, a 230-grain Hollow Soft Point would "slam down" a hog or Whitetail deer rather quickly (125 yards at the maximum). Lightweight and quick handling. Any...
  9. C

    Discussion: Fascinating Failure: The .45 Winchester Magnum

    The Wildey is, again, in production. The .45 Winchester Magnum can be used anywhere the .44 Reminton Magnum is un use. I feel the 10" barreled Wildey would be excellent for deer/feral hog hunting. Placed in an AR-style platform with a 16" barrel would be suitable for a 100-125-yard "woods...
  10. C

    The Story of the .30-30 Winchester: America’s Original Deer Cartridge

    You can effectively use the cartridge in the Western Oregon Coast Range. Daddy relied on his Marlin 336 chambered in .35 Remington instead of the .30-30. In the Cascades and Eastern Oregon, he used his Reminton Autoloader in .30-.06. They worked well until the day he died 51 years ago. (He...
  11. C

    Discussion: M1A for Hog Hunting

    If I hunted hogs, my sister-in-law would definitely be in jeopardy.
  12. C

    Well doesn’t this just Grind your gears.

    That made my "willie" wilt! 😟 :eek:
  13. C

    Well doesn’t this just Grind your gears.

    I don't drink alcohol either. It doesn't take much to get my hackles up. I fought those bastards during the Vietnam War.
  14. C

    What KNIFE do you carry

  15. C

    Compensated 10 mm for concealed carry?

    The upward muzzle flash as well as an enhanced muzzle blast are a definite drawback at night (when many self-defense shootings occur). This is why I am not fond of a compensated handgun. There are too many problems that accompany them. I carried a Glock Model 20 as an Armed Security Officer. I...
  16. C

    "Justice delayed is justice denied" William Ewart Gladstone

    "There's not much in this world that can't be fixed, with $5000.00 and a 30-06."
  17. C

    Compensated 10 mm for concealed carry?

    No compensators. (At least not for me.)
  18. C

    Thought 80 was the new 60

    I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK! :eek::rolleyes:
  19. C

    Thought 80 was the new 60

    I saw my doctor at the VA. He told me that he had six cases of VD in the clinic... but he's all right now.
Back
Top