testtest

1..st time at an outdoor range today

I also don't like ranges that have "Range masters" and multiple wierdos I don't know and I gotta stop shooting cause some **** on lane 6 didn't attach his target solidly and flashing lights to tell me when the range is clear and blah, blah, blah. Frankly, if I'm not training with someone or teaching someone to shoot I very much prefer to be all alone. " You're all alone now Wales". Yeah, that's correct and I plan to stay that way.
that is the benefit of the private club. we all get a key fob, and can enter at any time, set up, shoot, clean up, lock up, go home.

yes, not only the weird ones, but the ones that want to show off to thier girl friend or buddies. the RSO, takes care of those, and i have seen them get kicked out.

the women are (to me) always focused on learning, training, then the guys.

that is the benefit of the private club. we all get a key fob, and can enter at any time, set up, shoot, clean up, lock up, go home.

yes, not only the weird ones, but the ones that want to show off to thier girl friend or buddies. the RSO, takes care of those, and i have seen them get kicked out.

the women are (to me) always focused on learning, training, then the guys.
It definitely is a benefit of a private club. No dipshites are allowed to be members of the club, it's outdoors on a large property, has 12- 25-50-100 and 200 yard ranges, multiple shotgun ranges with trap houses and I'm almost always the only guy there.

276B843B-832B-40BB-818C-539D1F6E42B0.jpeg

My range. 30 minute drive, $35/yr.

This is just the pistol bay. Also has 50, 2x100, 150, and 200yd lines, as well as skeet and trap ranges.

The club I belong to has 20 ranges covering all disciplines which include 1 indoor pistol and 1 indoor archery. You must qualify to use the indoor pistol range, both for safety and marksmanship before your keycard is enabled. If you fail, you can try again in 30 days. You can shoot up to 357 magnum but no JHP or steel bullets permitted to prevent backstop damage. I do use it during inclement weather but prefer the 3 outdoor pistol combat ranges, 2 of which have steel targets. The indoor range is open to those qualified 24/7/365. As I'm retired, I usually go around 9 or 10pm and only on 2 occasions were others present (2 retired State Police Officers). One of these members has his phone number posted on the club newsletter offering free pistol instruction to any member. We also have quite a few NRA certified instructors who conduct regularly scheduled trainings in all disciplines with NRA certificates awarded upon successful completion. Prices for these trainings are very reasonable with proceeds going to the club. For a $40/year membership, it's a great bargain!

The club I belong to has 20 ranges covering all disciplines which include 1 indoor pistol and 1 indoor archery. You must qualify to use the indoor pistol range, both for safety and marksmanship before your keycard is enabled. If you fail, you can try again in 30 days. You can shoot up to 357 magnum but no JHP or steel bullets permitted to prevent backstop damage. I do use it during inclement weather but prefer the 3 outdoor pistol combat ranges, 2 of which have steel targets. The indoor range is open to those qualified 24/7/365. As I'm retired, I usually go around 9 or 10pm and only on 2 occasions were others present (2 retired State Police Officers). One of these members has his phone number posted on the club newsletter offering free pistol instruction to any member. We also have quite a few NRA certified instructors who conduct regularly scheduled trainings in all disciplines with NRA certificates awarded upon successful completion. Prices for these trainings are very reasonable with proceeds going to the club. For a $40/year membership, it's a great bargain!
Killer deal, there !

Well as I said, you carry year round in all kinds of weather, therefore you should train year round in all kinds of weather. You could also stick to the outdoor ranges during temperate seasons and only shoot indoors if it's rainy or cold.
I will say I'm a fan of the outdoor range myself but believe, whether you like it or not, you should include some indoor range time in your training. The lighting, conditions, feel, etc (total atmosphere) of being indoors is completely different.

I had a group of guys that put together a motorcycle ride and shoot day. We met and rode to 3 different ranges (1 was indoor) and had a different kind of target at each of the 3 ranges. 1 guy never shot indoors and didn't do very well at the indoor range but aced his targets at the outdoor ranges. So just a thought ...

Back